Getting over that "N" bias. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Getting over that "N" bias.

Discover that you are actually very close friends with an S type, that will shake you out a lot of this bais. I am willing to bet nearly everyone on here is infact close friends with some kind of S type.

Definately. My best friend is an ESFP :)

It can be tough sometimes, but the rest of the time, its awesome!

I used to have a Sensor bias, before I met some douchey/narrow-minded N-types (or at least typed them as intuitive), and I realized intelligence has little to do with S/N. Also, most of my friends in the past have been Sensors, and they were in fact, pretty awesome. 8)

No "N" bias here; I get along great with both types. There were three ESFJs in my office once, and they were all three wonderful people. There is one other INTJ in the office, and he and I don't click easily, and he thinks we're too similar. My ex-boss is an INTP and we always got along great. However, I don't give as much weight to MBTI as some folks on here do... I base my friendships or working relationships on more factors. It's a fine starting point/novelty/hobby, but when you get too far into typing people and putting them into 1 of 16 nice neat little boxes, you're going to be very disappointed when you grow up... People are all different, and there are plenty of angels/asshats in each category.

i don't get along with pretty much all Ss except some ISxPs and I'm not interested in getting over that. i just don't find them interesting.

I know an equal amount of N types as S types. Some of them are even beloved family members. The person I trust most with my life is an Se user. The person I have quarreled the most with is an Ne user.

Many S types are mistpyed as N users. For example, ESFP can be mistyped as ENTJ because of their tertiary Te. ENTJs can be mistyped as ESTPs because of their tertiary Se. Same for ISTPs (Ti>Se>Ni>Fe) and INFJs (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se) who may in some circumstances come off to be very similar and are confused to be one another.

I know an equal amount of N types as S types. Some of them are even beloved family members. The person I trust most with my life is an Se user. The person I have quarreled the most with is an Ne user.

Many S types are mistpyed as N users. For example, ESFP can be mistyped as ENTJ because of their tertiary Te. ENTJs can be mistyped as ESTPs because of their tertiary Se. Same for ISTPs (Ti>Se>Ni>Fe) and INFJs (Ni>Fe>Ti>Se) who may in some circumstances come off to be very similar and are confused to be one another.

Yea, haha Fi and Ne doms bug me.

I have some really great sensor friends, I think my only issue is they don't tend to bring anything to the relationship. What I mean by that is, they don't really bring it down to any deeper level, they kind of leave that to me. Which I don't mind doing, but sometimes...