Gay people, don't have sex at a soccer game | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Gay people, don't have sex at a soccer game

It's not about agreeing, it's about a simple truth that respect can only truly be acheived when all parties are being treated fairly, humanely. If this is not the case, one side is unbalanced and thus not being respected, truthfully.

If Western Civilization is perceived as arrogant for more readily recognizing this, then so be it. Sadly, I sort of doubt that this is the case, and it is simply arrogance and an "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude being waved around in an incredulous manner, like the assholes most americans are.

This is where we will disagree. Respect is understanding that you are different from me. It has nothing to do wih fair which IMO is a childish/naive (not in a mean way here Wyote) view of the world. The world is not fair and it won't be, that is what makes up the richness in the differences of our live's experiences---good and bad.

Reactions: Trifoilum
How do you know they haven't been having problems with people having gay sex at soccer games in the past? Granted it defiantly wasn't the most diplomatic way of saying it if there has been problems with public sex in the past it would have been better to make that statement as a general "no public sex, period" statement most other countries aren't quite so PC about these types of things.

Last edited:
Sepp Blatter is corrupted.

How do you know they haven't been having problems with people having gay sex at soccer games in the past? Granted it defiantly wasn't the most diplomatic way of saying it if there has been problems with public sex in the past it would have been better to make that statement as a general "no public sex, period" statement most other countries aren't quite so PC about these types of things.

Hooliganism in stadiums is a big problem, gay sex is not.

This is where we will disagree. Respect is understanding that you are different from me. It has nothing to do wih fair which IMO is a childish/naive (not in a mean way here Wyote) view of the world. The world is not fair and it won't be, that is what makes up the richness in the differences of our live's experiences---good and bad.

It's quite easy to observe that people are different. Accepting this is obtaining respect on only a surface level. It's understanding the why and how of those differences that requires some level of thought. And doing so in a way that is fair/equal/cooperative is what honest respect is. It's quite difficult.

No, the world does not work this way and I'm quite aware of that but it doesn't mean I or anyone should stop, lay down and give up on what is right. And what is right is having respect on a level that encompasses a deep understanding of differences and the sources thereof, while allowing those with conflicting opinions to be heard yet not forced upon others.

If this is a naive perspective, I surely do not want to be experienced.

Another perspective of mine...

11 years. Plenty of time to change. Plenty of time for a sociocultural change. It's not only stadium that's being built, I'm sure of it. While building other infrastructures and preparing them for international standards, to a degree that would mean Qatar is already opening up to an international standard.

Granted, it may not lead to complete acceptance, but I guess there's a high possibility of them looking the other way around when the time actually comes. :|

for the record, I don't think people should have sex at a soccer game.

but that includes everyone.

tbh this could have been worded a lot better.

The only reason they have it is because of backroom deals with FA officials. Its going to 'fuck ass' already, never mind any gays coming to the whole affair. Who would set a multicultural international event in a very 'one culture' only country?

for the record, I don't think people should have sex at a soccer game.

but that includes everyone.

tbh this could have been worded a lot better.

Would make it more interesting if everyone had to.

No, the world does not work this way and I'm quite aware of that but it doesn't mean I or anyone should stop, lay down and give up on what is right. And what is right is having respect on a level that encompasses a deep understanding of differences and the sources thereof, while allowing those with conflicting opinions to be heard yet not forced upon others.

I get the idea that you are equating respect with freedom and I don't see the connection between the first part and the second part of your sentence. I sense a "value" judgement from you. I would say that there is the impression that Fundamentalist groups/nations (anywhere) do not respect or embrace the idea that they should be respectful (as a generalization) but IMO that doesn't mean your response should be to play the same game. I agree with the first part of your sentence wholeheartedly. In more exacting terms, respect starts when we understand others are different and thrives when we accept that premise without value judgements.

It's quite easy to observe that people are different. Accepting this is obtaining respect on only a surface level. It's understanding the why and how of those differences that requires some level of thought. And doing so in a way that is fair/equal/cooperative is what honest respect is. It's quite difficult.

Again, I don't really follow here. I am reading this as though you are talking about the "so" as understanding? It is quite an American ideal that "respect" must be a two way street. I can understand the idea of recipricol respect and the value of that idea. However, just because someone does not demostrate respect doesn't mean I have the "out" or am the "better" person because of that. Perhaps I don't understand or realize how they are showing respect or perhaps I have offended them in some way. For me, the ideal is that respect is given on that "surface" level because it maintains the harmony of society. It is just gravy when you can truly get to know someone else and exchange the deeper level of recipricol respect and forge connections with others.

Reactions: Wyote
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akYuy2FMQk4"]YouTube - viðrar vel til loftárása[/ame]