It’s not MY debt. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

It’s not MY debt.

this could all be solved if you made large corporations and financial institutions pay a fair amount of tax, you know.

When I hear talk about debt, I think of taxes. Then I think about infrastructure. Interstates, paved roads, street lights, news, stores, fuel depots, communication, travel, maintenance, and on and on. To hear someone say they are not responsible, while sitting in their home with electricity and hot water, then riding to work; makes me a bit ill. Nobody bombed your house last night? That's great!

Most likely, nobody will agree with me on this. I see your points and they are some good points. Why should I be paying school taxes when I have no children? Without the schools, maybe the children would be out pillaging for food all night.

There are all sorts of mismanagement and greed. Trouble seems to be I am paying for everyone else. Everyone is not paying the same. No; I'm not complaining. Many problems exist. 60 Minutes showed a President of a non-profit last Sunday night making six million dollars a year. Says he's worth it, basically. Maybe he is. What do I know?

When I hear talk about debt, I think of taxes. Then I think about infrastructure. Interstates, paved roads, street lights, news, stores, fuel depots, communication, travel, maintenance, and on and on. To hear someone say they are not responsible, while sitting in their home with electricity and hot water, then riding to work; makes me a bit ill. Nobody bombed your house last night? That's great!

Most likely, nobody will agree with me on this. I see your points and they are some good points. Why should I be paying school taxes when I have no children? Without the schools, maybe the children would be out pillaging for food all night.

There are all sorts of mismanagement and greed. Trouble seems to be I am paying for everyone else. Everyone is not paying the same. No; I'm not complaining. Many problems exist. 60 Minutes showed a President of a non-profit last Sunday night making six million dollars a year. Says he's worth it, basically. Maybe he is. What do I know?

HaH! What a crock of bull....

I see what you're saying just me....about the purpose of taxes and what do we do if they go away? imo the challenge is to move away from the old ways of organizing resources and accomplishing the will of the people with said resources. I mean in case you haven't noticed - there hasn't been any real and tangible repairs, maintenance, new construction on our infrastructure in 20 years or more. Remember the bridge collapse in MN? (or where ever it was). The elite have been sucking this country dry since the early '80's. I watched a video a few months ago where it is proposed we go local. We go back to full participation in our local communities and quit paying all of those yahoos up in congress(state and federal) to make our decisions for us. I don't know about you but I'm tired of supporting all of those Dukes, Barons, Princes, and Kings.

We have given our power away. .....it's time to take it back.

Make sure you start with nothing and don't be using the things you are so against. We are so lucky and all we do is bitch.

Make sure you start with nothing and don't be using the things you are so against. We are so lucky and all we do is bitch.

Yes Sir!

Yes, we do pay taxes for infrastructure…the same infrastructure that all the corporations that dodge taxes (or actually get tax money back) while making record breaking profits each year.
And those same corporations who hold their money offshore so they don’t have to pay for the infrastructure - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/fortune-500-offshore-tax-shelters_n_5447717.html
They are keeping some where around $2 Trillion dollars from being taxed and used to sustain the economy that they are choosing to be a part of.
I find it highly, HIGHLY offensive that news corporations (owned by guess who?) demonize the poor and make them into lazy, drug-using, entitled fucking morons.
Well guess who the real lazy, drug-using, entitled fucking morons really are? It is those on Wall Street right now pillaging this nation…they have bought congress, now all we have left is a bunch of pissed of Americans that hopefully one day will finally say "Enough!”
And some will listen and help to fix the problems greed has created, and there will be those who will fight to the death for their greedy, entitled way of life (and I’m not talking about the Fox news poor here)((Just on a side note..yes, what a wonderful life it is living in poverty…I’ve been on both sides of the coin…it’s no way to live…it certainly isn’t a cake walk.))

Last edited:
Fix the greed. Fix the guilt. Fix the hate. Fix immorality. Fix the heart. I tire of listening to this and looking at pictures everywhere else how it really is. Do something yourself and stop with the "take it back" bullcrap. You don't realize you are hungry, and eat the wrong food? Thirsty, and drink the wrong water? Look at us. It never was ours to take back. The song said, the only answer is more.

I'm not rich, but have wealth above the imagination. Crawl out of the cesspool, as you see it.

Fix the greed. Fix the guilt. Fix the hate. Fix immorality. Fix the heart. I tire of listening to this and looking at pictures everywhere else how it really is. Do something yourself and stop with the "take it back" bullcrap. You don't realize you are hungry, and eat the wrong food? Thirsty, and drink the wrong water? Look at us. It never was ours to take back. The song said, the only answer is more.

I'm not rich, but have wealth above the imagination. Crawl out of the cesspool, as you see it.
I’m tired of the apathetic, amoral, people in this country that thrive in that cesspool…what’s worse are all the rest of those without the wealth trying to emulate the garbage the greed breeds.
And I’m tired of people who have given up…because I haven’t…so it isn’t your fight or never was…fine…I want to make it mine because I still give a shit somewhere deep down beyond all the cynicism and self-doubt and wanting to give up before I ever started….beyond that…I still give a shit and always will.
So step aside.

Reactions: Kgal
You may have to move me. I'm not standing in line and I hurt every day like you.

First and foremost, remember a person has to have something, and lose it somehow(maybe he gave it away), before he can "take it back". It makes no sense to me. You're educated. Who the heck do you think you are to tell me to step aside? Jesus came preaching the message of getting the heart right 2000+ years ago, and the same BS was going on back then. There will always be people that live in this world to take everything they can take. That first word is irritating to me.

Last edited:
Saying this never was my fight shows a sign of miscalculation to me. Insinuating I don't care or have given up makes me laugh. People that try to use force to get their way are wrong. Actually, you sound like someone with an agenda, trying to get people to follow you down the road to hell. Abdel Fattah el-Sisi summed it up for me yesterday regarding Islam. Here is a man of intelligence calling a generation to fix something that is broken. I look at that as a call to action, but not a call to destruction. A call to rebuild, not a call to destroy.

I look at that as a call to action, but not a call to destruction. A call to rebuild, not a call to destroy.

I agree that violence isn't the answer, and with focusing on solutions/rebuilding.

Enough destruction has already been wrought on the planet and the people.

It's not enough to complain about the system, it's true we need to take a step beyond 'bitching'.

Similarly, we won't help others or ourselves if we only express frustration with the young ones who are awakening to a harsh reality.

Jesus himself drove the crooked money lenders out of the temple.

The Christ in each of us longs to see heaven on earth, but it seems as if the ruling powers are comfortable creating hell.

Our challenge is to realize a united humanity, to collectively create something new.

We only have to realize that we have everything we need right here. All of our 'problems' are really management issues.

The folks in power are crooked, and yet the public supports it.

We have to keep focused on practical solutions for realizing optimal health both individually and collectively.

Lets work together to bring something good into existence for us and for the future generations.

We've got to get beyond the fighting amongst ourselves. Unite! Make peace with all men. <3

Reactions: Skarekrow
If it be possible, make peace with all men. We are not of this world. We are called to step out of it. We are called to lead by example. We don't need a mediator(we have One), and teaching our children should be done with the utmost of caution. Last thing we need is for them to run off the mountainside.
[h=1]Romans 7:19-25King James Version (KJV)[/h]19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I don't know that I want Heaven on earth. I don't like those that kill, steal, and destroy. If I can help save one ,person from the cesspool, it builds me up to try and save one hundred.

Last edited:
The world has constantly tried to destroy the mindfulness of sin. Morals and ethics have been under attack. Holiness is scorned. Reminds me of being spat upon. Stand up for what is right. Sin? There is therefore no condemnation........

Those you do not agree with? The greedy? They will have their reward.

@just me

Dude, I’m not the anti-christ…as much as you would delight in the coming destruction of the the world because it would prove something prophesied was true.
And yes…we can “take it back” because IMO…and that is what these things I am writing are - opinions based on facts…we have had our “Democracy” taken away from us by big money…corporations, Wall Street, Oil companies, etc all who spend ridiculous amounts lobbying usually for something negative that the people the laws will be effecting.
I don’t feel that my vote counts…and I am in a state that hasn’t messed around with the voting laws too much….some states have really gone out of their way to disenfranchise voters that they dislike.
I have already posted the factoids about how in the last election it was in the 90-something percentile of those with the most donations were the one’s who won the election…so they don’t own it completely yet…but almost surely.
I’m not going to argue with you about who is right and who is wrong politically or morally just me…I’m just going to keep fighting for what I feel is good and right and how I would want to be treated in my heart…I will keep fighting to make this world a better place for my Son because the previous generations have dismantled all those things that they benefitted from and still do (like Social Security and Education) that my generation has had to pick up the tab for you all so to speak.
Why should I pay SS out of my paycheck when I won’t see it? Because as broken as it is…I know real people are effected by decisions made to such things.
Never let your morals get in the way of doing the right thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: myself
Dude? My generation came up with technologies you would never have. People are living longer now, which is what has happened to Social Security. What was the life expectancy when the program was implemented? What is it now with modern technology and medications that were not available years ago? I have tried to fix things most of my life. I do not blame people for taking things; I know what human nature is. I also know what human nurture is. Where are the great minds of the world today? What are they doing? We were trying to help people to be healthier and live longer. There were criminal minds back then, too.

Funny how a nail can be pointing upwards from the ground, maybe stuck in an old board. Most people pass it by. Some complain about it to the property owners. Some will try to pick it up, only to find it attached to a mostly buried board. Some will go a step further and bend the nail over, though there is still a sharp pointed nail lying there.

Another may come along and remove the nail. Yet another may dig up the board and properly dispose of it and the nail separately. Some will leave a hole in the ground. Some will cover up the hole. Some will remove all the debris from the area and some will refill and level the ground properly. Some may plant and water grass seeds there. Another may plant a tree.

Baby boomers ruined America:
Why blaming millennials is misguided – and annoying

It may be fun to bash today's youth -- but here's where the awful job economy and ailing planet actually came from

baby_boomers_climate-620x412.jpg

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/20/bab...laming_millennials_is_misguided_and_annoying/

Readers of this post have no doubt seen articles admonishing millennials for their perceived apocalyptic effect on the workforce, society, family and everywhere in between.
The seemingly endless list of complaints about millennials begins with lazy and pampered, and ends with “selfies.”

The accusations, guilt and fear-mongering are unfounded and — even worse — are mostly blame-shifting.
Frankly, I am tired of it.

What makes the millennial-bashing even more unbearable is the generation that is slinging the mud: the baby boomers.

Baby boomers came of age in an era of unprecedented prosperity.
They were raised by parents who had survived poverty, war and the true sacrifice of a generation burdened with great moral struggles.

As a whole, they experienced economic and physical security.
Baby boomers received, by today’s standards, inexpensive and widely available education, preparing them for a thriving and open job market.

Success at the beginning created a strong foundation for financial and personal success on a level the world had never known.

This led to America’s greatest asset: the middle class.

So what did they do with all their good fortune?
From the time the baby boomers took over, the United States has experienced an economic environment plagued with unfounded asset and real-estate bubbles and collapses.

The bubbles were caused by blind greed on the part of investors, and a blind eye on the part of regulators.
The baby boomers forced the financial and banking system out of relative security to high-risk systems.

The perfect example of this was the 2008 collapse of the toxic housing debt market.
In government, baby boomers ballooned the defense budget beyond the point of reason.

They then raided government programs to pay for their mistakes.
Regarding the environment, baby boomers left the United States reliant on coal (cough, cough) while eroding the advanced nuclear energy infrastructure built by their parents.

We can thank baby boomer leadership for a nation that has no sound policy on foreign affairs, the environment, energy, social welfare, human rights, terrorism, technology development, education, debt, etc.

The point being, baby boomer leadership has provided America with a government that is the most partisan and self-serving the union has ever seen, and remains entirely reactive to the world around it.

Today, young adults are faced with a job market that is hyper-saturated by graduate level degrees and short on decent paying jobs.
It is common for a millennial to apply for an entry level position in which a master’s degree is required and thousands upon thousands of applications are received.

And when the lucky ones do find work, they are often underemployed and underpaid.
Millennials must then attempt to be financially independent under the weight of the tremendous student debt they took on to get their desperately needed (in this job market) education.

With all the financial instability, it is no wonder more and more millennials are moving back in with Mom and Dad.
It appears that the great migration home is frequently not a failure of the millennials, but a failure of the economy, which can be traced directly back to the consumption and policies of the baby boomers.

So when your 26-year-old moves back home, don’t get angry with him or her for not finding high-paying work; rather, look in the mirror and have some words with the person looking back.

What should be more concerning to the millennial naysayers is what effect the lost generation will have on the long-term development of the economy and the workforce.
Struggling millennials are not buying homes or cars, and are putting off marriage and children far longer than their predecessors.

Additionally, lower incomes at the beginning of a career dramatically affect the overall earning potential of an individual.
Millennials can therefore look forward to far less success than their parents.

This is a situation no one hoped for but we all must deal with together.
The millennials may take lots of selfies and tweet about the mundane, but it is those same people who are facing unprecedented challenges now and will continue to face them in the future.

Is it this generation that will be burdened with achieving environmental sustainability in balance with a growing economy and energy demands, making sure Social Security and Medicare are still funded at appropriate levels when we’re seniors, preserving and defining social liberties in the age of technology, and beating back resurgent and bellicose global antagonists.

So, Mr. and Mrs. Baby Boomer, next time you get annoyed with your seemingly lazy or self-obsessed millennial, just remember that your parents thought the same thing about your hippie generation, with only one major difference: millennials lack the solid economic, political and social bedrock that was provided to you by your hardworking parents.

Baby Boomers: Five Reasons They Are Our Worst Generation

Ten thousand are retiring every day. Good riddance.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/12/13/baby-boomers-worst-generation/#GvAtWSsWKmVbaMl3.99

shutterstock_social-security.jpg

Wow, so it looks like we have a budget deal in Washington.
A debt ceiling and spending crisis has been averted.

It’s good news.
But let’s all calm down.

It’s only temporary.
The agreement does not address the long-term fiscal problems we have.

Problems that were mostly created by none other than the “baby boomer” generation.
Yeah, you know who you are.

You’re tanned and healthy and living way past average life expectancy.
You’ve got a defined benefit pension plan from a large company or government that was created years ago when people didn’t understand how horribly these plans can go wrong and now can’t afford to meet its liabilities, but you don’t care as long as you get your check which you don’t really need anyway.

And your social security check.
And your Medicare reimbursement check.

You once hated the government.
You smoked pot and protested against Vietnam and President Nixon.

That was a long, long time ago.

Life has been good for you.
You’re a baby boomer.

You were born between 1946 and the early 1960’s.
You had Woodstock and the Stones in the ’60s, discos and coke in the ’70s, Wall Street in the ’80s, Bill Clinton in the ’90s and now you’re retiring to Arizona and Florida on the backs of your stressed-out kids whose own children stay at home with them into their 20s because they have no jobs.

Tom Brokaw
once wrote a book about the greatest generation, those brave people who survived the depression and fought in World War II.
Unfortunately that great generation spawned a generation of narcissists: the baby boomers.

The boomers have created liabilities that will take generations to pay off.

Our national debt is now at around $17 trillion, larger for the first time in recent history than the size of our entire economy.
And it’s projected to continue to significantly grow over the next few decades unless something dramatic is done to reduce it.

Boomers don’t like to talk about fiscal responsibility or living within their means.
They like their credit cards and government secured mortgages on overvalued properties.

They enjoy their malls and their cars and their houses and as long as someone’s willing to lend them the money to buy this stuff they don’t seem to care much about how it will be one day paid.

They still represent an enormous voting block and have no intention to have this lifestyle threatened.
This is the real reason Washington can’t create a long-term deficit reduction plan. The boomers love their safety nets.

These safety nets were created over the past few decades by boomers and for boomers, with little regard to the future.

One of the major reasons our national debt is so high is because 40 percent of our government’s spending goes to some type of insurance: social insurance, retirement, health benefits, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. These systems are bankrupt.

But they’re needed to pay for the boomers’ healthcare and pension plans.
People that were born after 1965 are working hard to make sure that the boomer generation gets their retirement and disability paid for by the government.

But it’s still not enough.
So our government has to borrow and print money.

And our debts balloon.
Who will pay these debts?

Ah, who cares says the boomers.
Not my problem.

They are the source of one of the biggest problems with Obamacare.

Whether you support the Affordable Care Act or not (and I think there are lots of great things about it), one undeniable fact is that the cost of this new system is being put squarely on the shoulders of the young.

People in their 20s need less health care than the boomers in their 60s and 70s.
This is not only because younger people today have healthier lifestyles but because many boomers spent most of their young lives smoking, drinking sugary sodas and engaging in risky, unprotected sex.

There are 34 million mostly young and uninsured people who will be required on January 1, 2014, to pay for health insurance just so the boomers can take advantage of the added benefits that health insurance companies have to now legally provide.

They are, thank God, the last reminders of our racist, homophobic, sexist past.

When you look at those “white only” diners and drinking fountains in those photos from the 1960s you just can’t believe it.
Or how women were treated.

And gays.
But many of our beloved boomers were teenagers back then, living with parents who watched Ozzie and Harriet and were raised to believe that people who weren’t white weren’t to be trusted, women were meant to stay at home, and gays were sinners.

Over time, these attitudes have changed, mainly because people in their 20s and 30s are smarter, better educated and more open-minded.
Unfortunately, and although we now have a black President, the last remnants of the boomer generation who still wield power in their churches and companies are doing their best to keep women out of the corporate suite, protest against gay marriage and fight immigration reform.

We’re scrambling to fix the environment because of their excesses.

For years, and despite warnings, the boomers refused to recycle and ran companies that spewed ozone-destroying chemicals into the air.
There are countless plots of land that are unusable because of chemicals and pesticides dumped by this generation.

I’m no environmentalist, but even I have to shake my head at the destruction laid upon the planet over the past 40 years alone: decimated forests, extinct species, smog filled skies, islands of plastic floating in the ocean.

Only recently are steps being taken by younger generations to attempt to reverse this trend.
The good news is that the baby boomer generation is quickly getting older.

Ten thousand boomers are retiring each day.
We can’t ship them all off to an island, unfortunately.

But I’m optimistic that the next generation of leaders will not make the same mistakes.
Governments will take care of people who are truly needy – not just because they turned 65 and have a car payment – and this will help fix our deficit problems.

Racism will continue to decline as the world becomes smaller and more social.
Our environment will improve because kids in elementary school are being taught to care about the planet.

Ultimately, these generations will fix the problems that the boomers created.
And we can soon bid farewell to that horrible generation.

Dude? My generation came up with technologies you would never have. People are living longer now, which is what has happened to Social Security. What was the life expectancy when the program was implemented? What is it now with modern technology and medications that were not available years ago? I have tried to fix things most of my life. I do not blame people for taking things; I know what human nature is. I also know what human nurture is. Where are the great minds of the world today? What are they doing? We were trying to help people to be healthier and live longer. There were criminal minds back then, too.

Funny how a nail can be pointing upwards from the ground, maybe stuck in an old board. Most people pass it by. Some complain about it to the property owners. Some will try to pick it up, only to find it attached to a mostly buried board. Some will go a step further and bend the nail over, though there is still a sharp pointed nail lying there.

Another may come along and remove the nail. Yet another may dig up the board and properly dispose of it and the nail separately. Some will leave a hole in the ground. Some will cover up the hole. Some will remove all the debris from the area and some will refill and level the ground properly. Some may plant and water grass seeds there. Another may plant a tree.
Dude…your generation has done more evil than good.
Just look at the median take-home pay of the average working class Joe in America…remember single-income families?
There were well paying jobs, with good benefits, pension plans, retirement…hahaha Christmas bonuses..wtf is that anymore?
Greed….greed….greed….everyone wanted to keep up with the Jones’s…everyone wanted to outdo them…people started to dismantle policies and regulations that were once put in place for very GOOD reasons…but they dismantled them anyhow because it made everyone more money…and they gave the workers a tiny taste…gave them liberal home loans and credit cards to maintain a certain level of illusory wealth so they wouldn’t complain when the Unions that their ancestors DIED to even have the right to form were smashed to garbage under the foot of greed.
Stagnate wages the whole time the Boomers have been in power is what we have had….stagnate wages, while everything that was once reasonably priced and worked well is privatized and overpriced and ruined and starts people off in debt instead of setting them up for success.
You took those programs away because they no longer benefitted you.
The subsequent generations are not stupid and we will only keep paying for your bullshit and allowing you to gouge us for so long before there is some “unpleasantness” or upheaval that will not be nice to your generation.

Last edited:
Not to mention that we have the largest prison population in the world.
I find the part about debtors prison particularly interesting.
And then people wonder why people feel disenfranchised by they way society is set up?

Incarceration in the United States of America is one of the main forms of punishment, rehabilitation, or both for the commission of felony and other offenses. The United States has the largest prison population in the world,[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] and the second-highest per-capita incarceration rate, behind Seychelles (which has a total prison population of 786 out of a population of 90,024).[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] In 2012, it was 707 adults incarcerated per 100,000 population.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP]
According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,266,800 adults were incarcerated in U.S. federal and state prisons, and county jails at year-end 2011 – about 0.94% of adults in the U.S. resident population.[SUP][8][/SUP] Additionally, 4,814,200 adults at year-end 2011 were on probation or on parole.[SUP][12][/SUP] In total, 6,977,700 adults were under correctional supervision (probation, parole, jail, or prison) in 2011 – about 2.9% of adults in the U.S. resident population.[SUP][12][/SUP]
In addition, there were 70,792 juveniles in juvenile detention in 2010.[SUP][13][/SUP]
Although debtor's prisons no longer exist in the United States, residents of some U.S. states can still be incarcerated for debt as of 2014.[SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP]
According to a 2014 report by Human Rights Watch, "tough-on-crime" laws adopted since the 1980s have filled U.S. prisons with mostly nonviolent offenders.[SUP][18][/SUP] This policy failed to rehabilitate prisoners and many were worse on release than before incarceration. Rehabilitation programs for offenders can be more cost effective than prison. [SUP][19][/SUP]