Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
*inspired by this thread*

A symbolic totem for each function:

Fi: The Wolverine

wolverine_head.jpg

The Wolverine requires a lot of space and solitude, each Wolverine has distictive patterns and markings that make it unique, when a Wolverine really cares about something it fights with a surprisingly stubborn tenacity and spirit. Due to it's mysterious and solitary nature it is often misunderstood.

Se: The Dolphin

bottlenose-dolphin-picture-2-480.jpg

The Dolphin of all animals most appreciates the value of play, from launching themselves into the air to blowing bubbles the Dolphin approaches life with an intense curiousity towards new sensation experiences. The Dolphin always looks for the most efficient means of doing things (hitching a ride on a bow wave etc.).

Ni: The Spider

gtotem_spider.jpg

The Spider spontanteously weaves mysterious and near invisible threads of great complexity, these threads can form great webs that have seemingly come from nowhere. From the centre of it's web the Spider senses the interelatedness of all things.

Fe: The Lion

9lioness-playing-mara.jpg

The Lion is one of the most social of animals, it is keenly aware of group hierarchy and social role. The Lion's greatest strength is in it's coordination and cooperation with others in the pride. Life and death depends on the effectiveness of teamwork. When threatened Lions are fiercely protective of each other (within the pride). Lions are highly communicative and can be very outwardly affectionate.

Te: The Beaver

beaver.jpg

The Beaver is the great builder of the animal kingdom, not content to adapt to it's environment instead the Beaver desires to master the environment, adapting the environment to itself with the construction of elaborate dams, canals and lodges. The Beaver values work and efficiency.

Ti: The Kea

kea.jpg

The Kea is a parrot known for it's logical problem solving ability. It takes great delight in solving puzzles. Much to the dismay of it's human neighbours the Kea is immensely curious when it comes to novel or new things and will often enjoy deconstructing objects for fun.

I'm struggling to think of one for Ne and Si.

What do you think? What Totems would you give each of the functions?

Last edited:
these totems are really really good

I'll give it a try with Ne and Si

Ne - the Raccoon
raccoon_5916.jpg

the Racoon is a very opportunistic animal, seeing opportunities everywhere, finding new ways to enter homes, new foods they can eat.

Si - the ant
Mieren%202.jpg

ants are the perfect "duty fullfillers". An ant community is the ideal community system for Si's. Everyone does hus duty the way they are suppost to do it, everyone is working together and takes responsibility and does not rest untill the job is done. They are very traditional and use there memory to survive.

I really like this, but I think each function needs a different totem based on its preference order.

Like Fi dominaint would be different from Fi secondary and Fi tertiary etc. But I really think you're onto something.

For example...

Fe dominant = Lion
Fe secondary = Wolf - much like the lion but less in charge and more concerned with the pack
Fe tertiary = Dog - playful and social sometimes opinionated
Fe inferior = Snow Monkey - polite and diplomatic, not much else

Last edited:
Se/Fe - Bonobo

bonobo.jpg

lr-new-best-bonobo-pics60.jpg

Si - Elephant

1836932-Elephant_Baby_Plays-Addo_Elephant_National_Park.jpg

Ni - Python (remains motionless, attacks suddenly, exhausts by subtly dominating suffocation)
Si - Ant (tireless hardworker; able to build very complex things in large numbers)
Ne - Dolphin (Jack of all trades, excels in communication and group activities)
Se - Tiger (Powerful and merciless; his appearance is intimidating enough to stun his opponents)
Fi - Dog (devoted, courageous, self-sacrificial; has special extra-senses)
Ti - Crow (poking and probing systems exploiter; can be unforgiving)
Fe - Hen / Rooster (gives eggs, reminds others about timing; can be fussy)
Te - Elephant (reliable leader with good memory; can be rough, clumsy and stubborn)

ISFP = (Wolverine + Dolphin) = Seal
ESFP = (Dolphin + Wolverine) = Humpback Whale
ISTP = (Kea + Dolphin) = Sea Otter
ESTP = (Dolphin + Kea) = Orca

INTJ = (Spider + Beaver) = Scorpion
ENTJ = (Beaver + Spider) = Wasp
ENTP = (Raccoon + Kea) = Fox
INTP = (Kea + Raccon) = Crow

ENFJ = (Lion + Spider) = Wolf
INFJ = (Spider + Lion) = Tiger
INFP = (Wolverine + Raccoon) = Jackal
ENFP = (Raccoon + Wolverine) = Panda Bear

ESTJ = (Beaver + Elephant) = Ox
ISTJ = (Elephant + Beaver) = Rhino
ESFJ = (Lion + Elephant) = Bear
ISFJ = (Elephant + Lion) = Hippo

Last edited:
Reactions: That Girl and WaeV

Awesome! I really like this :)

This thread reminds me how much I love allegory/metaphor, it feels very natural, I suppose that is unusual for a Sensor.

Although when you consider the inner world of the ISFP is made up of Fi and Ni perhaps it isn't (unusual).

CROW! SCORE!

I don't understand how two animals could equal another one, though.
Am I just being daft?

I think it's cool. I guess it's like a blend of the characteristics and 'personalities' of the different animals that fit the description of a new animal. Very intuitive.
I can see the Spider+Lion being a Tiger. It fits me well, I think.

I guess it's like a blend of the characteristics and 'personalities' of the different animals that fit the description of a new animal.

Yeah, something like that, it's kind of a vibe thing.