Fort Hood shootings suspect alive; 12 dead

Naxx

Permanent Fixture
Sep 4, 2008
MBTI
ESTP
Enneagram
9w0
This really distresses me, I understand if a person is truly disturbed and depressed; so they take their own life. But to take the lives of fellow soldiers... what the fuck.

A solider suspected of fatally shooting 12 and wounding 31 at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday is not dead as previously reported, Army Lt. Gen. Robert Cone said Thursday evening.

"The suspect, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, opened fire at a military processing center at Fort Hood around 1:30 p.m., Cone said.

Hasan, 39, is a graduate of Virginia Tech and a psychiatrist licensed in Virginia who was practicing at Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, according to military and professional records. Previously, he worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center."-CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html

Last edited:
It will sound ironic, but...that. Is. CRAZY.

A psychiatrist...

Wow. I'm speechless, really.

I feel for soldiers suffering from PTSD.

Very, very sad. And how was he originally reported to be dead?

Very, very sad. And how was he originally reported to be dead?

I think it was due to the chaos, I know he was shot several times.

Horrible.

Last edited:
The Deserter's Tale by Josh Key.

Anyone read it? It lists some very good reasons why a soldier might shoot fellow soldiers.
systematic vandalism of Iraqi homes during house raids, murder of an Iraqi child, and sexual abuse of innocent women, all purportedly committed by American Soldiers and officers.

I heard he was being harrassed by his fellow soldiers, is this statement correct Lord Naxx?

Yes, I heard that he was harassed by the other soldiers because he was a devout Muslim. Regardless, I find the whole ordeal sickening.
To harm and kill so many people...
I am rather relieved it wasn't a murder suicide, though. It disgusts me so much when a person can take the lives away from another person only to then take their own. Why not start with yourself?

The Deserter's Tale by Josh Key.

Anyone read it? It lists some very good reasons why a soldier might shoot fellow soldiers.

What good reasons would these be?

Isn't it hypocritical one would kill innocence when one cared so much for the lives of the innocent?

Most soldiers have never killed anyone and among the 12 dead, two were civilians. Perhaps it is he who became exactly that which he hated.

Last edited:
of course it is. Most human actions are
Posted via Mobile Device

We had our own shootings in our dinky town here last night, FUN!!! Fotunately no one died, just someone shot in the neck.

Apparently we have a new gang in town, called the "Jack Boys." LOL

http://www.messengernews.net/page/content.detail/id/519902.html?nav=5010

This town gets the nickname lil Chicago for a reason, still not as bad as Gary, Indiana though.

This joke is from a British Joke Site.

The Poms have a strong right to these jokes.

12 shot dead at US army base.

Even in a military base in their OWN country......friendly fire's still an issue!!

----------------------------
So an American Major shot dead 12 US Soldiers.

Makes a change from them shooting us.

12 shot dead at "soldier readiness station".

Well, they weren't ready for that were they?

Sickipedia stand up night in Fort Hood gets off to a good start with the Quick Fire round now completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
masters of war

When do targets become legitimate targets in a war?

I'm just asking because it all seems to be a bit of a grey area. I can't seem to find the rule book for warfare in the shops. Does anyone else have a copy and if so can they clear up this confusion? Also can you tell me if the USA and UK have a copy of the rules to warfare because there seems to be all sorts of confusion over issues such as: not shooting or blowing up civilians, torture, pre-emptive strikes, occupation, detainment without trial etc.

Everyone seems to be working to a different script. Can someone please have a word with the combatants, i think we need to lay some ground rules here. For a start i think it is important that a government doesn't lie to it's public or stage a disaster in order to pursuade them to go to war.

Its funny how there are so many stories in the media in the USA with titles such as 'into the mind of a suicide bomber' as if murderous suicidal acts are a foreign phenomena to the USA. Japan had kamikazee pliots, the middle east has suicide bombers, americans have people who go on shooting sprees against their own people.

It's some world they're creating.

Last edited: