For yourself, Beauty, Brains, Athletic, or Personality? | INFJ Forum

For yourself, Beauty, Brains, Athletic, or Personality?

If you could only have one, which would you choose?

• Physical Beauty

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Brains - Intelligence

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Athletic Prowess

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Great Personality

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
If you could choose one of the above for yourself, which would you choose?

:m083:

Poll to be added . . .

Last edited:

Last edited:
I was asked this question a long time ago.

I don't think that I can answer this question because for me, intelligence, personality, and physical beauty all overlap and cannot be compartmentalized. I have to have a partner that has each to some extent, or I would rather be alone. This is not to say that they have to be very high in each- I don't think that my standards for potential partners are unrealistic (my friends tell me that I aim too low), but they do have to be there.

The question is, which would you choose for yourself? Sorry if the question was confusing.

Last edited:
I voted for none of the above.

Intellect , and I'll tell you why. One of my favorite places to hang out is bookstores. I have a great memory and enjoy knowledge, mostly HOW-TO books along the lines of crafting and artisans , though I struggle trying to apply it because I'm not an ISTP.

Not so much in the area of high academia but more in the area of blue collar skills and trades. Such as being able to strip down any broken engine , repair it, and even do the same with a house.

I still wouldn't trade my INFJ qualities for those of an ISTP.

Personality. I'd like to be a combination of all of them, but if I had to choose, I'd rather be a nice/personable person who's the dullest crayon in the box.

I chose none of the above because i know they are nothing, just something for mankind. I think there should be option like Ability to love someone. TO love my partner. I will love my partner, which is supreme. :D

Physical Beauty!

I've got 2 of the other 3 (at least enough so to be happy with my own person), and the 3rd can be had to some degree with work.

cheers,
Ian

I chose brains-intellect.

This is where I've always felt the most insecure and so place the most value on this quality. Likely I'm just a scarecrow who needs a journey down a yellow brick road and a Wizard to teach me I've always had what I desire.

I would have said 'intelligence' but I think that a 'great personality' would encompass that among other things..

Physical beauty.
Intelligence and personality both comes in close second but; a sudden all, encompassing personality and intelligence wouldn't be interesting nor meaningful to have (albeit still nice), what with the journey and all that matters, but instant physical beauty? so Hollywood.

I wasn't paying attention either. I thought you meant in a girlfriend/lover.

I edited the poll to better respond to my desires. I want Intelligence for me, personality for lover.

I want to know who else picked 'none of the above'.

Personality would be my primary trait I'd shoot for, though a mix of everything in myself would be nice. My reasoning though, is based off of what I'm most apt to look for in another person.

The first trait that will hit me is personality before the others sink in. I normally have a habit of simply ruling out any possibility for romantic interest if I'm not compatible with their personality before I think of anything else. It probably sounds a bit cruel, but I have a strong fear that if that particular connection isn't there, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a lifelong relationship. I guess I'm just a tad apprehensive about a significant other liking me for something like looks of physical build rather than who I am.

That said, like any of the options, there's a certain level of subjectivity depending on every individual outside take.

Last edited:
Brainssssssssssss.......NEEDS BRAINSSSSSSS!!!

resident-evil--zombie.jpg

Reactions: Moxie and Skoffin
As long as I had brains I wouldn't need that other nonsense.
I could be an asexual genius who spends their free time stomping morons in arguments and who gets rich by developing a device that sends shock waves through the internet to zap idiots. :D
If only...

I would choose intelligence so that I could work on my physical traits, athletic prowess and develop a great personality to be content with myself just as I am.

I'm just very content with being born human, and I think that's more than enough. :) i voted athletic, because it seems that's the least 'naturally' given to me, but i don't want it really. It's enough to be healthy.

We should ask ourselves, why the hell do we even want these things? Compared with what, and why compare? Where's the race, what's the rush about? Why not envy elephants and want a longer nose? (Eg.: Friend says: Look at those skilled elephants with their long trunks, why can't you ever be more like them? :/) Why not envy Google and want to be able to answer every question in 0.3 seconds, like Kim Peek? Do you see? It's a sick learned desire to top everybody in everything, but other humans are other humans and you are you. Have you noticed how often invalids are very clever, like Stephen Hawking? It's because of strong determination and struggle of their brain to compensate the body. And vice-versa, give your brain a strong body, it will be more busy to show off its energy than to develop in math. :p But we are not really prisoners to these boundaries, if we no longer wish to be. Someday we'll all get a little wiser. A good first step would be to realize that there's no such thing as someone "got the brains"; quarter of any brain would be enough to train an Einstein with it. Someone just had the input to train their neuron circuits more into this than that, which re-iterated into continuous desire to re-train, say with books, or with sports etc.

:m176: happy new orbit to all :)

Last edited:
:) i voted for the great personality :) hihihi...but i thonk of i were to have only one...then i would choose none hihihi....i would make use of what God gave me and develop it to the fullest....for the beauty...i dont thinkni can develop that hihihi :) i'd be contented with what i have :) :)
Posted via Mobile Device