For Women | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

For Women

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Asa, Feb 13, 2019.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
More threads by Asa
  1. JennyDaniella

JennyDaniella Stargazer

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Oh mi gah!! This is the most cutest thing everrrrr!! :m035::m015:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gaze, flower, Wyote and 1 other person like this.
  2. flower

flower ...

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Omg... :( I'm so so so sorry you've had to go through something so utterly horrible and scary! I'm very glad you've found the inner strength and courage to push forward! ♥ :hug: I'm proud of you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. neko

neko princesa de tacos.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Thank you so much, little flower! *hugs to you, too*
    So glad to see you back here!

Gaze, Wyote, flower and 1 other person like this.
  4. flower

flower ...

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    :m023:

Glad to be here. :blush:

Asa, Gaze, Wyote and 2 others like this.
  5. OP
    Asa

Asa Resident palindrome

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    @neko - <3 <3 <3 ((((hugs))) I have tears reading your post. I'm so, so sorry this happened to you.
    I am thankful you are moving forward in the healing process. It can be slow, and it can be a struggle, but forward is good.

Yes, the aftermath can be worse than the trauma for so many reasons.
    It helped me heal to remember it was a crime, to compartmentalize.

I don't want to talk too much in case what I write triggers you in any way. I just want to send you love and healing. <3
    I am here.

<3

------------

I had my first major trigger moment where I panicked and acted on that panic (my panic response is always flight) in many years two weeks ago. It surprised me. I have some habits and boundaries that I probably would not have otherwise.

Dear survivors, it does get better, and you will feel whole again, but there is always a chance that something could trigger you and that is OK. You will feel it for days, but you will also be "normal". It's a strange duality. You will live a full and happy life. This won't consume you. <3

--------------

I do recommend self-defense classes because they are empowering.

---------------

@RonjaRaeubertochter - Part of abuse is being "brainwashed" into thinking there is something wrong with you, or that you deserve it. There is nothing wrong with you and you do not deserve this. I hope you leave this situation, but if you do not leave yet, I understand and do not think less of you.

You need a different therapist. Your therapist should understand why you are laughing and that your laughter is not because you think what you are going through is "funny".

------------------

Perfect.
    Some don't like it when their support system is silent, so if you sense that the person you are sitting with is agitated by your silence, you may want to make a gentle statement of support and ask if they want to talk about it.

----------------

@MoonFlier - I didn't mean to ignore you.

@Wyote @Gaze – I definitely agree that women failing to support each other (and being awful to each other) is an issue.

This support system is amazing. It makes me happy to know schools are taking this initiative.
    It is so common for women to take low paying jobs when they are qualified for more.

Ugh. Yes. Some women think they have to be twice as tough as the men to play along with the men, and then they are even harder on other women. (Then everyone calls them bitches behind their backs.) Fair bosses who acknowledge workers' strengths are more effective.

I've had some "women being mean to each other" situations at work, but I don't work in the business, finance, or corporate worlds.
    Do you have any thoughts on how to alleviate this issue?

flower, Gaze, Hostarius and 3 others like this.