Favorite 80’s Songs. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite 80’s Songs.

Some songs are so ubiquitous that they don't seem like they're from any particular time, and yet they represent quintessential 80s pop. Some Michael Jackson or Madonna songs fall into that category, but rock music perhaps even more because the sounds haven't changed as radically since then compared to synth sounds. For example, The Joshua Tree by U2 doesn't really feel like it's from the 80s. But U2 isn't really a favourite of mine whereas I've always liked Brothers in Arms.

On a lighter note, my favourite version of You Don't Own Me is not the one by Lesley Gore, but this one by Klaus Nomi. Somehow the campiness adds a lot to the message, and when in the last verse he breaks into falsetto to sing "Don't tell me what to do" that's just priceless.

@Ren omg I can't believe it! Another person who knows of Daniel Johnston! This is my fave:
]

That's a great one too! I love Daniel Johnston. Do you really find that few people know about him? Back when I lived in Ireland, there were lots of people who were into his music. But I suppose I studied arts and hung out with a lot of musicians.

Hey guys, here's one of the best French songs of the 80s. I need to promote Frenchness more :p

That's a great one too! I love Daniel Johnston. Do you really find that few people know about him? Back when I lived in Ireland, there were lots of people who were into his music. But I suppose I studied arts and hung out with a lot of musicians.

Hey guys, here's one of the best French songs of the 80s. I need to promote Frenchness more :p

I've only known one other person who was a fan and this person introduced me to Daniel Johnston by showing me the documentary about him, The Devil and Daniel Johnston. Also love the songwriting in this one:

Reactions: Wyote, Ren and Free
I must have slept away most of those years in a little box, or my taste is much different than most here.

Reactions: Wyote, acd and Free

RIP Grant Hart:

RIP Mark E. Smith:

Reactions: Wyote