Ever wonder.. | INFJ Forum

Ever wonder..

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
whether the things you do in life matter in the end? Ever wonder if the would world be a different place without you? with you? Ever wonder whether you actually bring something to the table?

Do you ever think, that all the things you do, and all the things you strive for and aspire to may end up going in vain?

INFJsf, talk to me. =)

Reactions: Free Mind
Sometimes I have. I will elaborate later.

Of course.

I would say that it happens to me all the time. I too will elaborate later as work is calling.

Everyone probably thought about this in their life, and probably in the shower or when you've been trying to sleep for 5 hours. xD

But no, it's definetly not in vain. Even if you don't start revolutions, you still make a difference. And it's all those small differences that end up making big differences. Cheesy, but true. :p

Yeah, I do wonder, and usually come to the same conclusion, they do matter. No matter how small they played it's part in other people's lives even when it's not really obvious, and they did make some impact, even for a fraction of a second.

I sometimes fear that I might be on the wrong path, that I'm wasting my time, and not doing anything meaningful (at least meaningful to me), but I think it's normal to feel like that from time to time.

I think that the example of this forum might seem trivial, but is a good example in my opinion nonetheless. Everyday I come here and spend some time reading what others wrote on various topics, and though I don't really know any of you, your thoughts and actions do have some impact on me, because I spent some time thinking about the things I read, I laugh at funny posts, sometimes cry when something sad happens. You do have an impact, and I know that I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

I normally thought of these questions when I was in a state of depression. It can sometimes be good and sometimes bad...Depends on the things you weigh out. The whole, what's the point? Why bother? Why should I put myself through this? issue. I learnt that I really shouldn't ask myself these questions as it doesn't help atall. xD

Do you ever think, that all the things you do, and all the things you strive for and aspire to may end up going in vain?

That question interests me as I do think that quite often. I have a few 'spiritual' goals in mind you could say. And I have to ask this question quite in depth to make sure i'm on the right path.

And I agree with Siamese Cat's post so I didn't bother saying it all over again. xD

EDIT: Happy 800th post! :D

Reactions: Siamese cat
Oh, several times I have thought this.

I, too will elaborate later : )

Ever wonder why a single star dazzles Infinity's cusp?
Ever wonder if it all ends up completely just?
Ever wonder why there's so much gore?
Ever wonder what it was all for?
Ever wonder just a bit more?
Ever wonder wraughtly?
Ever wonder tautly?
Ever wonder?
More.

Reactions: bagelriffic
I find I have little control over the actual large-scale outcomes of things, but I have lived with the end of my days squarely in sight and yes, I think it does matter. It has mattered for those around me and it has made me a different person than I might be otherwise. All one can do it put their personal energy to the best use possible...let the pieces fall where they may.

whether the things you do in life matter in the end? Ever wonder if the would world be a different place without you? with you? Ever wonder whether you actually bring something to the table?

INFJsf, talk to me. =)

As far as my family and close friends are concerned, I think that the choices that I make do have an impact. With regard to the world at large, nothing that I do really matters and I don't bring anything to the table.

And that's totally ok.

edit: Oh, well because this was for INFJs I guess this doesn't matter =P

Of course the world wouldn't be better without me.
Whether or not it means shit to anyone is another subject matter.

I accepted a long time ago that nothing I would ever do would ever change anything on a world, national or even a state-wide stage. Very few people ever get to do that, and most of them are a lot more intelligent and dedicated to a worthwhile cause than I am, or will ever be.

but this never worried me, because I'm happy that in some way what I do in my field has made some people's lives just that little bit better.
Perhaps I can even say that my community is better off with my contribution than without it, but at the same time, other people can do just as well what I do, so if it wasn't me, it would be someone else.

I've done in my life what I believe to be worthwhile, and my mind is hardly ever caught up in thoughts like this, because I don't feel that I need to make a difference, that has never been high on my agender.

Paraphrases:

Ghandi said that it is unimportant what you do in life but is very important that you do it.

I think Elanor Roosevelt said that a small group of people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.

Me: It matters what you do as a collective society that betters the surroundings for everyone. We can change our lives as well as the lives of others, and that matters. What we do specifically does not.

I am convinced that all is in vain.

Yeah, this was the line which caught my attention as well.

I believe I do make a difference, hey it's not even two days ago since I last though about it.

But I do fear that all I do to achieve something, something on the long-term is going to be in vain... That I won't make it, and all my efforts is going to be in vain. It's another question, but one which is more interesting for me.