88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
Post your thoughts on them. How do INFJs view ESTPs?

Positives?

Negatives?

Other type threads coming up.

:m2:

I know one ESTP and he's great, but damn if he can sit still for 2 minutes. He messages me on msn and even if I reply instantly he's still disappeared, and will be gone for either half an hour to a week.

I know one ESTP and he's great, but damn if he can sit still for 2 minutes. He messages me on msn and even if I reply instantly he's still disappeared, and will be gone for either half an hour to a week.

That's exactly the same as my sister. I can completely relate to the msn thing, the only way to get hold of her is via text.

They always have to be doing something. They can't sit still for a second. They are quite the restless type. Parties, gym, sports, they just never stop it makes my head spin.

They are quite fun to be around tho. You don't have to care about the world, you get a break from that Ni, and with them you can be in the here and now.

Extreme, noisy, loud but awesome and fun folk. :p

Oh crap...my sister is an ESTP, and damn can she be annoying. When she is home I feel like I have to be on guard all the time. I could never have a deep convo with her, even when she's home she bugging me about random crap. She works in a gym (typical)

When i'm in the car with her going to my dad's like we used to do, that was a ball of laughs though, she can be very fun to be around and to take your mind of things, but not something I would do all the time...

She can be quite intelligent but her mind is so full of things to do, she never sticks to anything, she even learnt how to ride a motorcycle for no reason the other day, and now she is in Thailand for 5 weeks.

:m169:

I constantly get hassled about how lazy I am aswell, when I started talking to her, she never understands many things I say, I am TOO smart and it HURTS her brain apparently. Lol.

And she hates being wrong, and get's into an arguement so easily. She never calms the **** down.

I think I have made my parents figure out she works TOO much, they thought she was really happy and all that stuff, but if you look deep into her, she is a mess right now...

I know one ESTP, and he's very different than I am. He is always on the go, always talking and enjoys to party. He is a "go with the flow, focus on the present and live it up" kind of guy. He is not interested in any sort of deep conversation, he just wants to participate in what's sensory arousing.

He is an expert at making me break out my shell, though that can be annoying at times. He really is a nice guy, though we are not similar in any sense of the word.

hi

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************************** (46.3)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************** (18.7)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.9)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.9)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP

Last edited:
My best friend is an ESTP... It's a constant challenge! It's funny cause if you just listen to what she says, you'd think I annoyed the snot out of her, but underneath all that Se, she is a treasure trove of depth and she really values me enough that I'm her best friend too... You just have to know when and how to probe.

And cheering her up is tricky too... I can't do anything that works for me. Almost everything I do with her to encourage her or even just hang out with her is counter-intuitive for me (i.e. it's almost exactly opposite what I would want/need).

But her spontaneity and charisma is SO good at making me forget my troubles and get out of my head for awhile, which is exactly what I need. All in all, I think they are fascinating and amusing, but take a lot of work to have a serious friendship with. But, they're worth it. They're strengths are not my strengths and so she teaches me so much!

Last edited:
Want to accomplish a lot in little time, and are likely to do so - like ENTPs. Often wonder why others are so sensitive, but can be sensitive too when the attention is turned to them in a way they don't like.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I know one ESTP, and he's very different than I am. He is always on the go, always talking and enjoys to party. He is a "go with the flow, focus on the present and live it up" kind of guy. He is not interested in any sort of deep conversation, he just wants to participate in what's sensory arousing.

He is an expert at making me break out my shell, though that can be annoying at times. He really is a nice guy, though we are not similar in any sense of the word.

I can say ditto to the above about a male ESTP I know. Although, he doesn't really mind deep conversations-but I know it's not really something he enjoys talking about all the time. I'm actually surprised that he and I get along, albeit in a weird sort of way. But still, he intrigues me, and I think that we both enjoy each others company. What I like most about him is that he has a good heart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2X-1vQy7Sc"]YouTube - Poster Girl (lyrics)[/ame]

describes exactly my ESTP female friend HAHAH Its insane fun to be around her and talk to her but she live quite literally moment to moment which can be scary sometimes

A few days ago, I wrote a thread on another forum about my observations on my ESTP cousin when we hanged out for a day. Here it is:

"Today I had an interesting outing with my ESTP cousin, and I just had to make a thread to point out a few observations I made from this rendezvous.

My first observation was the fact that they are fearless individuals. I live in a very dangerous city, and I had to take him to a very bad part of town where it is reported that constant murderers are taken place. He has just bought a very luxurious vehicle that attracts attention 5 miles away. I was almost shitting my pants as he traveled through this place, and I had told him about how dangerous these parts were, but all he would say is "is that so?" Next, he parked in front of these shady individuals in which I told him that that is a very bad idea, and again he responded with a "ok" and didn't even listen to me. Now, maybe he isn't merely a fearless person, but rather, a quite stupid one, but I think that the differences between perspective from him and I are very apparent.

My second observation is that he is a very generous individual...too generous if I may say so. Right now he isn't going through a very stable financial situation, but that still didn't stop him from inviting me to the movies and buying a bunch of junk food. I told him that that wasn't necessary and that we should instead buy some groceries from the supermarket and have dinner at our house instead, he denied and told me I was being too frugal. I didn't say anything to this remark since I knew he was right, I'm usually very careful with my money and don't like to waste it on things of that nature.

Thirdly, and perhaps the most surprising aspect of this conversation is the fact that I understood his thinking perfectly, but in a very dynamic way. To outsiders, his comments may be seen as too harsh and almost insulting. If you've seen the movie "Watchmen" his comments look a lot like the Comedian in which he has a very cynical view on life and therefore doesn't like to mingle with deep conversations that eventually would lead to how "humanity is fucked up and how we're going to die and in the mean time you shouldn't be concerning yourself with such trivialities that lead to a very depressing realization of our existence". Once again, I couldn't muster a comeback to his remark since I sort of agreed on his view but unlike him, I do ponder a lot about those absurdities and deep aspects of this life.

Even though him and I are completely different, I could still understand his way of doing and thinking things, even though only intellectually. I see the shadow type as the little devil that is on my shoulder that is tempting me to do this stuff that goes completely against what I would usually do. I'm not saying that ESTP's are evil, I'm just saying that if I went wrong, I would use some of the ESTP's traits and exploit them into the dark side. It felt really inspirational to be with my cousin because he made me tap some of my hidden yearnings that I was unaware of me having. I would usually shake my head at everything he said since my ego wouldn't like to hear the things he was saying, but deep down inside, I was looking up to him as a major source of respect and have found a great treasure of my own development."

If ESTP is not unbalanced and one of my pupils in class, I am ok with them. I probably would a litlle envy because of that SP thing...SP could be very cool to me.

I've had once very inteligent ESTP in class as pupil. He was ssort of leader to others, had problems with authority. On the one side mean and liked to tease pupil and teachers, but in some situations very generous and honest. he did not hide that he did something wrong, he would admit it. I am sorry for him, because he had problems because of his family situation. School tried to hel him, but he did not change. Shame, he still has great potential to be great man, but he is not aware of that.