88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
Post your thoughts on them. How do INFJs view ENTJs?

Positives?

Negatives?

Other type threads coming up.

:m2:

I am endlessly fascinated by them, am magentically attracted to them, and am almost afraid of them. In short; they're my kryptonite, and I often want them to be something they aren't.

Ergh... positives?

They are organized and I can usually rely on them to get things done. Sometimes they are even fun. One of my best friends in ENTJ.

Negatives:

Control freaks, lack strategic skills (they are great executors but poor visionaries), out of tune with other's feelings. I usually get annoyed and bored after spending extended time with them.

EDIT: regarding sexiness I don't find women of this type very attractive (but I've met only one). Listed character qualities might be an advantage for males because they are more in tune with gender stereotypes.

Last edited:
Like Indigo, I find ENTJ's incredibly sexy. But they're the type of people I love to hate and hate to love.

When we're on the same page, we get along swimmingly. We've got the same way of looking at a lot of things, and even the differences we have are very complimentary. When some sort of task is involved, the work goes triple the speed than it would if each of us were doing it individually. We do our best work on group projects. I get people motivated and excited to stay on task, while I leave the plotting of the finer details to the ENTJ.

The only time we butt heads is when both of us are vying for the control. I don't mind taking the back-seat every once in a while, but I don't intend on staying there indefinitely. I get very oppositional when I've got something to say and the other person insists on being first banana even though they don't have anything to contribute. Sometimes their 'my way or the highway' attitude really pisses me off.

But it's really energizing to argue with an ENTJ. Once the initial blow over is over, they do listen to reason and can be quite level-headed about reaching compromises. It's cracking through their initial authoritarian "because I said so" shield that's the biggest challenge.

Last edited:
Love to be on their side, HATE to be against their side, and hate it more when you don't know which side they're on.

That being said, I often find myself wearing my mental armor when with them; even my BFF.

Can an INFJ trust an ENTJ? They seem to know how to obtain that trust when they behave like an ally. What I always wonder is what they do with what they learn and what their internal code of ethics is about using information that they've gained in trust to meet their own needs. One particular friend knows how to come accross as very sincere, but I always have a nagging little voice telling me that I'm getting played.

The only entj I ever knew was a former a guy who was so good at running confidence scams and pyramid schemes in high school that the cia recruited him. He was brilliant , but I didn't like almost compulsive need to manipulate people's viewpoints.
I don't know how unusual he was for an entj, but considering his brilliance I am certain he was extreme.

Also, that guy was just as effective as TDHT described, but when he motives his counted and yours didn't. He wasn't about other people growing as much as being played to fit his agenda. Kind of creepy, but very popular with the played.

Are you sure you guys aren't mistaking them for ENTP?

ENTP's are more capable of manipulating others because of their tertiary Fe. I am having a hard time seeing an ENTJ who's inferior function is Fi (not Fe!) going around manipulating people.

If ENTJs would manipulate it would be for a goal, ENTPs manipulate for the sake of pushing boundaries and experimenting.

Well, I watched this guy take the mbti, and he registered a strong ENTJ. But that is worth only so much. This guy may have just been a con artist who happened to be an ENTJ and used those extraverted people organizing skills to his evil ends. IT IN NO WAY implies all ENTJs use their leadership potential for evil.

Yep. Good point

He could have manipulated the results, easily. But he was the classic entj from the personality descriptions. When he finished the test we read the description and laughed, it fit his good side exactly. When he used his powers for good he was such an effective leader it was almost frightening to watch. This guy just had an internal struggle with suppressing his drive to move peole towards his goals without their input really mattering.

The point I would make here is that I think some people believe the 'preference' model of mbti, and others the 'cognitive development' model. This guy was good at Te and Fe and was an extreme extrovert. How he managed to be so good at both, I can't explain. He was an extreme genious.

Don't let my negative experience with a self professed entj drive this thread, though. I think the key is, they are POWERFUL forces,and have to figure out how to use it.

Im sure there are more positive examples of entjs people can respond with. A good entj is a project leader, for example. Which this guy excelled at.

An ENTJ with a vision is a powerful and a great leader. To share a positive experience, I work closely with an ENTJ, and I have never enjoyed working with anybody like I do with him.

He's direct, straight to the point, very strategic, efficient and I enjoy brainstorming and planning with him. He's reliable, if he gave you his word he'll keep it, if he can't keep it he'll let you know. I don't have to worry about butting heads with him, or stepping on toes. We can get to the heart of the issue without wasting any time, and come up with good decisions and solutions. However, he's widely misunderstood among his team. Because he has such high expectations of everyone else, he comes off as unapproachable, intimidating and very demanding.

One thing he tends to do, and I can see why it would upset people, is sidestepping someone and taking over their task if the task is of great importance, because he thinks he would do a better job, or because he sees that others don't understand what he's getting at in terms of goals to be achieved.

He doesn't it know, but he taught everyone else how to own up to their responsibilities, and how to be a lil ambitious. From the day we started working till now, our team dynamic has changed a lot because of him.

Actually, I should tell him that one day. =)

The thing about ENTJs is that they care differently. This guy will not comfort you in words, but will do something about what's bothering you, and he's been a great help to me, and whoever else who have worked with him.

That's interesting Odyne, and makes sense. My post wasn't meant to imply that an ENTJ might be manipulative or nefarious so much as they are a strong presence who knows how to get what they need from people. It seems like they in turn will use whatever information they have to benefit their vision. I don't get the feeling that an ENTJ is out to get me, but that a professional distance is something that can be tempting to compromise due to their charismatic presence, but is a temptation that should be avoided. You may end up giving away more of yourself than you can afford to buy back.

That's interesting Odyne, and makes sense. My post wasn't meant to imply that an ENTJ might be manipulative or nefarious so much as they are a strong presence who knows how to get what they need from people. It seems like they in turn will use whatever information they have to benefit their vision. I don't get the feeling that an ENTJ is out to get me, but that a professional distance is something that can be tempting to compromise due to their charismatic presence, but is a temptation that should be avoided. You may end up giving away more of yourself than you can afford to buy back.

I can't shake the feeling that you could be mistaking the ENTJ for an ENTP or even an ENFJ. Especially when you say "strong and charismatic" presence. ENTJs tend to give off a confrontational and intimidating vibe, rather than charismatic. The typical ones anyways.

But if that is your experience, then I believe it. =)

I guess an ENTJ with a developed Fi could possibly play strategically on shared values between them and the people around them in order to get what they want. Yup, I can see that.

I can't shake the feeling that you could be mistaking the ENTJ for an ENTP or even an ENFJ. Especially when you say "strong and charismatic" presence. ENTJs tend to give off a confrontational and intimidating vibe, rather than charismatic. The typical ones anyways.

But if that is your experience, then I believe it. =)

I guess an ENTJ with a developed Fi could possibly play strategically on shared values between them and the people around them in order to get what they want. Yup, I can see that.

Well this individual has both a confrontational and charismatic vibe. She is a rigid J and also, I know some ENTP's and I just don't think so. ENFJ is a possibility but there is not much of the NF spirituality or empathy there, except maybe when using a less developed function. Her charismatic side has the warmth of an NF, but it has a very utilitarian vibe to it in that it seems sincere but that the strategic value of having people open up to her is not at all lost on her. That makes trust a little bit difficult to build is all.

O no, ESTJs are brutes. ENTJs are ok, they're charismatic, great leaders and all that crap, but they're just the least N of all N types on a personal level, as in introspection, abstraction or creativity.

O no, ESTJs are brutes. ENTJs are ok, they're charismatic, great leaders and all that crap, but they're just the least N of all N types on a personal level, as in introspection, abstraction or creativity.
Oh ok.