Enneagram type 9 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Enneagram type 9

I love this quote:

We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves

I've never read that before. :D Mostly, I think, because I hung around the 6-ish side so much. I honestly thought I was a 6...but I realized I was an unhealthy 9 with some study.

Another great reference site on Enneagram, with an especially helpful part on instincts is here: info from the underground (and the instinct stacking part).

"Nines and Sixes can easily mistype or be mistyped by others, although Nines more commonly mistype or are mistyped as Sixes than the reverse. This is exacerbated by the fact that both Sixes and Nines tend to be blinded to the nature of their respective fixations. In addition, many Sixes do not appear to be visibly anxious and some Nines do. Overall, however, Nines lack the nervous mental energy of type Six. Nines moreover tend to be trusting and optimistic about the future; they tend to see the best in others. This is almost never the case with Sixes who have a suspicious streak, generally believe that there is something possibly threatening just below the surface and often have a very cautious view about the future outcome of present events."​

Another great reference site on Enneagram, with an especially helpful part on instincts is here: info from the underground (and the instinct stacking part).

"Nines and Sixes can easily mistype or be mistyped by others, although Nines more commonly mistype or are mistyped as Sixes than the reverse. This is exacerbated by the fact that both Sixes and Nines tend to be blinded to the nature of their respective fixations. In addition, many Sixes do not appear to be visibly anxious and some Nines do. Overall, however, Nines lack the nervous mental energy of type Six. Nines moreover tend to be trusting and optimistic about the future; they tend to see the best in others. This is almost never the case with Sixes who have a suspicious streak, generally believe that there is something possibly threatening just below the surface and often have a very cautious view about the future outcome of present events."​

:D I love ocean's site - I'm 9w1 sp/so, which can get a little weird with the INFJ side, but it all makes sense for me. The Enneagram can truly put it all together and put type in perspective.

:D I love ocean's site - I'm 9w1 sp/so, which can get a little weird with the INFJ side, but it all makes sense for me. The Enneagram can truly put it all together and put type in perspective.

WHOOT *sp/so appropriately distanced to retain true independence yet socially engaged hi-five*

The differences for me between 7 and 9 are teeny but at the end of the day shineysparkly things draw me in more than inner peace. Sp/so is at odds with my E-type and MBTI-type as well so I get's ya. Really does put it all together.

It's not that I don't care.... It's just that I know it's not important enough to expend all that stress. There's a world of difference, right? In a way, I guess, it is important to do things.... but people are highly exaggerative when it comes to reacting towards what seems to be a negative experience. Even bad experiences have their purpose and we have a lot to gain from that.
I remember someone once saying that life was a sine function someone else harshly disagreed saying it was definitely a cosine. Maybe that's the case here, perhaps I'm attaching certain values onto one thing and other people different values to the same thing. Through different lenses we see different same things, like a cosine and a sine. (Kinda)
Tomorrow I have my final exams~ somehow I do not feel an ounce of anxiety. Which makes me wonder, is that o.k.? Is that accepted?

I know that whatever the outlook on the future may be, it will always inevitably turn out alright. Perhaps the only thing that bothers me is the validity of this mentality. Is it socially accepted to hold these values? Is this way of seeing something correct? I don't want to say it's difficult accepting it, to me that would be a sign of self pity. But to a certain extent I cannot truly tell if it's right. I wonder why I feel a sense of yearning for validity.
But then again, looking at the way things have come to be is as it is. Why would the alternative be any more good or bad? It would require the same strenuous process of validation. Or is it merely the premises of upholding this mentality that creates doubt about it's validity in the first place? Is this identity through disorientation?
Irony strikes, again.

But now we've been talking about validity and identity, I'm not sure sure that's the embodiment of the core. I think it merely passed my mind. It's not like I actively think about the same thing over and over. I like to make myself believe it's always different. This product itself is somewhat an improvisation, an outburst of the past acquired experiences, thoughts, and blah. I am probably missing a lot of points and stuff. But, for that, YOU MUST FORGIVE ME. :)

I have been doing some long, thorough thinking and have concluded that I am a 9.

Reactions: Oranguh
The fours need some representation on this thread.
I used to think that I was a 4. I definitely show a lot of their traits in my personality, but even though that is what I tested, I started reading about the different types...healthy and unhealthy and felt that I could easily relate to all of them, but not completely....

Okay, I have a question. Is there a reason why the enneagram system goes from 1-9. I mean, it could have just as well gone with a,b,c.... Yet it goes from 1-9. There must be a reason for it and do you get a special prize for being the highest number? Why isn't there a 0 anyways. Is it because being a 0 sounds pretty negative? Well... If they were taking that into consideration wouldn't people take into consideration that number ONE seems to also carry a lot of positive connotation? Or being the HIGHEST number? In a sense it's quite inconsiderate towards the other numbers! And I can notify these things because... well... uh, well I have reasons but I'm not sharing them because that would mean this and that.. and then avalanche. This is a forum, you have to be careful with what you might say. But in a way people do possess the ability to distance themselves from numerical connotations. But, yeaaaa...... yeaaa... Still.....

Allow me to show you how to represent in the Tweens...

geek-gamer-girls-t.jpg

Word.

Also, *warm smiles for the 9s and hugs if you want them but no obligation*

Big up to [MENTION=3545]bickelz[/MENTION]... & I LOVE NINES!!! :D They make FOURS happy! No small feat...

Fours float my boat ;)

But I gotta represent my fellow nines as well! Woo!! I think we need more nines in the world; I know far too few. And alas, I have never met another nine wing one :/

The only thing I find frustrating, specifically, about me being a 9 and most other people not being a nine is when I have something inside my mind that I want to express, but when it comes out in life language it doesn't convey the meaning I intended.

Reactions: VH
Nine is the crown of the enneagram. We have all of the qualities of the other types compressed into one master race :D

Nine may be the crown of the Enneagram, but it means in order to reach the others you have to go past the Eight.

The only thing I find frustrating, specifically, about me being a 9 and most other people not being a nine is when I have something inside my mind that I want to express, but when it comes out in life language it doesn't convey the meaning I intended.
What do you mean?

Reactions: VH
LMFAO [MENTION=4487]Liesl[/MENTION]!!!