Enneagram type 5w4 | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Enneagram type 5w4

Oh yes, I've voiced my distrust of MBTI before: http://forums.infjs.com/showthread.php?t=12962

I only think the part that says our brains are wired to be efficient for certain types of activities (depending on type) is true. I don't necessarily think that there are 16 discrete types, nor do I think a specific type will always enjoy a specific kind of activity.

i agree, i think the mbti is a gross generalization at best, but it has its uses. i also think our enjoyment of certain activities isn't necessarily related to our innate aptitude for them (how many terrible singers enjoy singing, for example?), and in terms of describing a person's character, what motivates and fulfills them is more useful and important than what they're predisposed to be good at. (although i'm somewhat inclined to think the enneagram is fairly accurate in pinpointing people's motivations - i think it's more credible in some ways than MBTI (that people do have a single, underlying motivation), but the reasons behind it seem largely misconstrued. i think if the enneagram theory was presented purely in terms of genetics, it would make a lot more sense.)

Err, I still hold onto the INTP label though, because it's the most accurate description of my personality of the 16-types, with INFP a close second.
lol, you and me both Kaze

Last edited:
INFJ 1w2: I find this so riveting however I just can not wrap my mind around how a few questions can provide a road map to your personality type...yes,yes, I know it's not all inclusive but the science behind it has got my brain thirsty for more.

My friend and I were talking about our enneagrams and out of our discussion we decided I'm a 9w1. That would explain my identity problems.

My friend and I were talking about our enneagrams and out of our discussion we decided I'm a 9w1. That would explain my identity problems.

That is a trait of type 9's but I think it's overemphasized. If that's the only reason, I wouldn't be too sure about that typing.

That is a trait of type 9's but I think it's overemphasized. If that's the only reason, I wouldn't be too sure about that typing.

There are a lot of other reasons such as being self-effacing, avoiding anything unpleasant, a tendency to diffuse conflicts, not to mention I got it on a test when I thought I was a 5w4. I still argue with people like an ENTP, just serenely :).

Last edited:
There are a lot of other reasons such as being self-effacing, avoiding anything unpleasant, a tendency to diffuse conflicts, not to mention I got it on a test when I thought I was a 5w4. I still argue with people like an ENTP, just serenely :).

*nods* I'm just over-sensitive because I've had people try to convince me I was one, when really it's just in my trifix if anything.

But if the shoe fits...