ENFP or INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ENFP or INFJ?

It's a bit hard since I don't access to his online diary LOL.

I'm just going by vibe. I usually find that my initial assessments are accurate 99% of the time.

You don't need access to his online diary. You can put your observation skills and knowledge of the system to the task.

What is his speech like? What does he like to talk about? Are there any 'themes' in his language or the things that he likes to talk about that stand out? For example, 'woah, that's heavy man,' 'let me weigh on this decision,' 'that person is really prickly,' 'let's smooth out the kinks in this conversation...' etc. The way people speak and the buzz words they use can clue you into what their inner experience is like.

How do they like to come to conclusions? Do they tell you the answer without explaining themselves and expect you to accept it or do they take pains to explain their thinking to you? Are their conclusions designed to bring harmony to the group or to generate more thought, discussion and leave things open ended? What is their sense of humor like?

You can also tell a lot about the person by the way they conduct themselves in a social situation. Do they jump into conversation or do they kind of hang back? What subjects spark their interest? Which ones make them uncomfortable? What are their movements like? Are they animated? Are they reserved? Do you often catch them lost in thought or do they listen with rapt attention?

Then there's the social roles they play. Are they more interested in keeping everyone laughing or making sure they don't offend anyone? Do they need to be the center of attention or are they quick to pass the torch when the spotlight falls on them? Do they correct people on their grammar or their facts point-blank or do they do so in a delicate manner? Or do they just not bother pointing things out at all?

Really, there's so much information you can give us about them that is not generic.

Last edited:
You don't need access to his online diary. You can put your observation skills and knowledge of the system to the task.

What is his speech like? What does he like to talk about? Are there any 'themes' in his language or the things that he likes to talk about that stand out? For example, 'woah, that's heavy man,' 'let me weigh on this decision,' 'that person is really prickly,' 'let's smooth out the kinks in this conversation...' etc. The way people speak and the buzz words they use can clue you into what their inner experience is like.

How do they like to come to conclusions? Do they tell you the answer without explaining themselves and expect you to accept it or do they take pains to explain their thinking to you? Are their conclusions designed to bring harmony to the group or to generate more thought, discussion and leave things open ended? What is their sense of humor like?

You can also tell a lot about the person by the way they conduct themselves in a social situation. Do they jump into conversation or do they kind of hang back? What subjects spark their interest? Which ones make them uncomfortable? What are their movements like? Are they animated? Are they reserved? Do you often catch them lost in thought or do they listen with rapt attention?

Then there's the social roles they play. Are they more interested in keeping everyone laughing or making sure they don't offend anyone? Do they need to be the center of attention or are they quick to pass the torch when the spotlight falls on them? Do they correct people on their grammar or their facts point-blank or do they do so in a delicate manner? Or do they just not bother pointing things out at all?

Really, there's so much information you can give us about them that is not generic.

Those are really great questions [MENTION=1360]TheDaringHatTrick[/MENTION]! I'm so glad you asked...let's see:

He has a directive way of speaking: "Let's do this/that" "You will do this/that" He likes to use commands a lot.

He sort of has a presumptive sense of humour- likes to poke fun of himself sometimes. He is not sarcastic at all. His humour is based on a power play/ dominance positioning.

He hangs back in conversation and tends to be reserved. He seems lost in thought sometimes or observing people.

He is more interested in making sure he doesn't offend people, unless he knows you well or in his group of friends. He doesn't need to be the centre of attention. He doesn't correct people's grammar and doesn't point it out.

For conversation, it could be either: generating more thought or bringing consensus- I'm going to lead slightly more towards generating more discussion elements.

What do you think? Any more questions? :)

I've been thinking about someone and wondering what this person's type was. For you INFJ sleuths, here are some tidbits of information as I would like your serious opinion! :)

1. He is a visual thinker and has an eye for art and graphic design. He's also interested in education.

2. He used to smoke pot a lot in high school. (I think, not sure)

3. He has a funny sense of humour that might verge on being presumptuous.

4. He seems to be a people person, but also seems shy at first. He can also be very reserved.

5. He's very good at leading, managing conversations, but also doesn't mind other people taking the lead in conversations.

6. Occasionally, he'll have controversial opinions on things.

7. He likes very beautiful things and collects rare coins.

8. He has an easy-going personality although can have a bit of temper too.

9. He can have a laid-back fashion style and he can also get dressed up to the nines.

10. He has a warm, effusive aura and likes dogs for pets.

I think he leans more towards ENFP. What do you INFJs think? What are the main differences between the two types? I tend to think I'm very good discerning the differences, but with this one, I am unsure.

I think he is a INFJ.
Or he might be a shy ENFP, as there are many of those.

But then, one way you could discern what type is he is that althought very similar (INFJ and ENFPs are mirror types), socialy they are very different.
They are both secondary feelers, but Fe is more moody (even in ENFJs), given to ups and downs, and very sugestible and impessionable to the athmosphere around.

ENFPs are very different, they "mourn with those who mourn, and enjoy with those who enjoy" because of their secondary Fi. Their general disposition is not moody, but very fine tuned and balanced to react to the atmosphere around, and "mold" around it.
There is emotional firmness and stability in Fi, always ready to do something. They are very empathetic people, and very unselfish, in one sense.
So the typical ENFP has a kind of neutral emotional state, which comes alive due to their enthusiasm raised by Ne, or in certain social situations: if there is laugh and fun, they get in and make themselfs one with the atmosphere, if there is sadness or if they see someone unhappy, naturaly there will be in them a desire to empathise with that person, to somehow be one the same level with him, at least until his pity is over.

INFJs are different. They have their own emotional peace, not neutral and ready to 'serve" like the ENFPs have, but somehow given to ups and downs, like excessive joy, carelesness, then melancholy, nostalgy and many psychological states. (not all of them are like that, I am not...but I was like that).

Your negative reinforcement for not trusting ENFJs only makes us want to lie to you forever even more

I don't trust in ENFJs also, or at least the most I've met.
ENFJs are unnecessary complicated, in my opinion.
I would trust in Oprah if I would be friend with her in real life, because she has a good character, and she is a ENFJ. People are different, irregardless of type.

I think he is a INFJ.

But then, one way you could discern what type is he is that althought very similar (INFJ and ENFPs are mirror types), socialy they are very different.
They are both secondary feelers, but Fe is more moody (even in ENFJs), given to ups and downs, and very sugestible and impessionable to the athmosphere around.

ENFPs are very different, they "mourn with those who mourn, and enjoy with those who enjoy" because of their secondary Fi. Their general disposition is not moody, but very fine tuned and balanced to react to the atmosphere around, and "mold" around it.
There is emotional firmness and stability in Fi, always ready to do something. They are very empathetic people, and very unselfish, in one sense.
So the typical ENFP has a kind of neutral emotional state, which comes alive due to their enthusiasm raised by Ne, or in certain social situations: if there is laugh and fun, they get in and make themselfs one with the atmosphere, if there is sadness or if they see someone unhappy, naturaly there will be in them a desire to empathise with that person, to somehow be one the same level with him, at least until his pity is over.

INFJs are different. They have their own emotional peace, not neutral and ready to 'serve" like the ENFPs have, but somehow given to ups and downs, like excessive joy, carelesness, then melancholy, nostalgy and many psychological states. (not all of them are like that, I am not...but I was like that).

Those are very good insights [MENTION=9401]LucyJr[/MENTION] :) I am thinking perhaps his core personality is ENFP but due to his environment, he has adapted to become more INFJ. I know a lot of people whose core types are 1 and they have adapted into another type. I don't really know many INFJs in person so I really have no gauge to determine which type he may be, but my first impression was that he was overwhelmingly ENFP.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this test, but I find it to be fairly accurate: who you are vs. who you want to be

I've always had great chemistry with ENFPs. They can usually melt my icy heart rather easily. I think because we both utilise Fi, we tend to move away from group consensus, and more towards evaluation of personal goals. I also read that the difference between Fe vs Fi users are that the Fe group tends to show emotion all over their faces, while in the Fi group, they tend to possess more poker faces and not show emotion on their faces.

Although he does have a tendency to have a poker face, I can rather read him very easily emotive wise- but then again, I can read people well in general except for ISTPs and ISFJs, so not sure how good of an indicator it is!

I don't trust in ENFJs also, or at least the most I've met.
ENFJs are unnecessary complicated, in my opinion.
I would trust in Oprah if I would be friend with her in real life, because she has a good character, and she is a ENFJ. People are different, irregardless of type.

I know Oprah's public persona is supposed to be ENFJ, but she strikes me as an ENTJ to me. I think in the way she interacts with people, and the manner in which she asks questions like a drill sergeant, she seems to represent more of an XNTJ mindset. ENFJs typically don't delve too deep in conversation, and only mirror what people say in my experience with them.

There isnt enough data to guage correctly, but he sounds more infj

It can be hard to tell the difference between enfp and infj, especially in certain social contexts and work environments. But once you know an infj and an enfp, and have seen them side by side, i think the difference is clear...but still hard to adequately explain.

The first couple of times i did a mbti test in school, it came up with enfp. lots of people were like- yeah that's exactly what you're like- and i thought the description sounded nice, even ideal...but also definitely not me. i thought maybe mbti was nice, affirming... but inaccurate and... stupid. My 2 closest friends at that time were enfp, and they could relate well to that description fitting them. I could see that they fit that description, and that although we were all similar, there was something completely different and 'off' too.
The next time i did a mbti test was at uni, and i got intp...once again, lots of people in my class thought that sounded right...and once again i thought it sounded nice, but i didnt relate. A couple of years later, I was feeling a bit...static...so I went on a self discovery binge. In doing retests, I got either enfp or intp. I think I get intp when i'm more absorbed in my work or needing my own time, and enfp when i'm in social mode. One of my friends, he was an intp that really got into mbti theory- told me he thought I was likely to be an infj. I learned about infj and it made perfect sense. Although...i still don't identify with the 'j'. I relate/think/feel perception....my head and my preference is perception....but I can see how some of my behaviours are j-ish.

In many ways my enfp bestfriend and I are very similar. Quite literally, we are mirrors, and our ways of perceiving, interpreting, and interacting are...almost foreign or upside down, but still following the same overall pattern.

She can be nicer, charming, flirty, and I can be more polite, kind, disarming. I value honesty and directness. She values diplomacy and harmony. I can be harsh, cold, cruel, and blunt, she can be rude, pushy, snappy, evasive. I like to debate, argue and mediate, she prefers to discuss, share, and conciliate. She is more emotional, i'm more cerebral. She is an excellent and entertaining story teller, and im more of a tripper. And these are certainly not absolutes.

Ne is expansive, breadth, patterns that extend, branch and connect. Ni is intensive, deep, absorbed, patterns of wholes and interconnections. This comes through in the persona, where enfp can 'feel' light and airy, while infj is more dark and heavy. Like the difference between a Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.

You can perceive a subtle but clear difference between famous infj and enfp men
Famous infj men- Mel Gibson, Marilyn Manson, Adam Sandler, Billy Corgain, Jung, Spinoza, Schopenhauer,
enfp men- Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Bob Marley, Obama, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Michio Kaku, Huxley

I have quite a few Entj friends, most of them courtesy of my Entp bestfriend...he has a large entj collection. We get along very well, and the dynamic is easy, comfortable and entertaining. I appreciate their intelligence, creativity, open mindedness, organisation, responsibleness, practicality, honesty, directness, warmth and playfulness. Sometimes we do have very intense and heavy communication- long debates, deep and meaningfuls- that go on till 5 in the morning....can leave us both feeling a but drained...but still highly enjoyable.

...I think that my daughter is likely entj. She is extraordinary magnificent...she is five years old, bosses people, can intimidate people just by looking at them, asks people why they are so fat or wearing so much paint on the face, can hold a conversation with any adult, is the most entertaining and playful person ive ever had the pleasure to meet, wipes of kisses and is ready to run her own business. We are friends, I answer all her questions honestly, never punish her, and she makes a lot of her own decisions. She helps me clean and organise the house, cooks dinner with me, understands how the bills are managed, and we go have 'coffees' together at different cafes. At first I was quite nervous about the prospect of raising a entj, but I think the dynamic is working out well.

I could be wrong, but what I've learned is that ENFP's, people with Fi will have more tendency to share personal opinions more clearly and seemingly judgmentally.. That kind of makes me crazy having a personal opinion about everything and everyone.. I at least keep it in the company of people who I would know understood if not agreed with my sentiment.. I think excessive personal opinion drives me crazy

Sorry I wasn't clear, INFJ. If he doesn't do a lot of that.. Also moodiness I'd agree INFJ..

ENFP, many of my friends are this type, it reminded me of one actually. Ime, Fe users aren't as "smooth" as this guy seem to be.

There isnt enough data to guage correctly, but he sounds more infj

It can be hard to tell the difference between enfp and infj, especially in certain social contexts and work environments. But once you know an infj and an enfp, and have seen them side by side, i think the difference is clear...but still hard to adequately explain.

The first couple of times i did a mbti test in school, it came up with enfp. lots of people were like- yeah that's exactly what you're like- and i thought the description sounded nice, even ideal...but also definitely not me. i thought maybe mbti was nice, affirming... but inaccurate and... stupid. My 2 closest friends at that time were enfp, and they could relate well to that description fitting them. I could see that they fit that description, and that although we were all similar, there was something completely different and 'off' too.
The next time i did a mbti test was at uni, and i got intp...once again, lots of people in my class thought that sounded right...and once again i thought it sounded nice, but i didnt relate. A couple of years later, I was feeling a bit...static...so I went on a self discovery binge. In doing retests, I got either enfp or intp. I think I get intp when i'm more absorbed in my work or needing my own time, and enfp when i'm in social mode. One of my friends, he was an intp that really got into mbti theory- told me he thought I was likely to be an infj. I learned about infj and it made perfect sense. Although...i still don't identify with the 'j'. I relate/think/feel perception....my head and my preference is perception....but I can see how some of my behaviours are j-ish.

In many ways my enfp bestfriend and I are very similar. Quite literally, we are mirrors, and our ways of perceiving, interpreting, and interacting are...almost foreign or upside down, but still following the same overall pattern.

She can be nicer, charming, flirty, and I can be more polite, kind, disarming. I value honesty and directness. She values diplomacy and harmony. I can be harsh, cold, cruel, and blunt, she can be rude, pushy, snappy, evasive. I like to debate, argue and mediate, she prefers to discuss, share, and conciliate. She is more emotional, i'm more cerebral. She is an excellent and entertaining story teller, and im more of a tripper. And these are certainly not absolutes.

Ne is expansive, breadth, patterns that extend, branch and connect. Ni is intensive, deep, absorbed, patterns of wholes and interconnections. This comes through in the persona, where enfp can 'feel' light and airy, while infj is more dark and heavy. Like the difference between a Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon.

You can perceive a subtle but clear difference between famous infj and enfp men
Famous infj men- Mel Gibson, Marilyn Manson, Adam Sandler, Billy Corgain, Jung, Spinoza, Schopenhauer,
enfp men- Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Bob Marley, Obama, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Michio Kaku, Huxley

I have quite a few Entj friends, most of them courtesy of my Entp bestfriend...he has a large entj collection. We get along very well, and the dynamic is easy, comfortable and entertaining. I appreciate their intelligence, creativity, open mindedness, organisation, responsibleness, practicality, honesty, directness, warmth and playfulness. Sometimes we do have very intense and heavy communication- long debates, deep and meaningfuls- that go on till 5 in the morning....can leave us both feeling a but drained...but still highly enjoyable.

...I think that my daughter is likely entj. She is extraordinary magnificent...she is five years old, bosses people, can intimidate people just by looking at them, asks people why they are so fat or wearing so much paint on the face, can hold a conversation with any adult, is the most entertaining and playful person ive ever had the pleasure to meet, wipes of kisses and is ready to run her own business. We are friends, I answer all her questions honestly, never punish her, and she makes a lot of her own decisions. She helps me clean and organise the house, cooks dinner with me, understands how the bills are managed, and we go have 'coffees' together at different cafes. At first I was quite nervous about the prospect of raising a entj, but I think the dynamic is working out well.

Thanks for your thoughts [MENTION=4956]charlene[/MENTION]!

To be honest, it's hard to discern what type your daughter is until she is at university. I think discriminatory tastes in subjects and interests is developed mainly due to parental influence, not by personality type. Most kids like to explore what they don't know and have a lot of curiosity so she could easily pick up on things that you are also interested in. I know a lot of ENTJ women, and they are all very different, with the majority of them working in entertainment and wouldn't have a clue about running their own business.

As far as celebrity types- I think it's hard to tell. I'm not so sure I would like INFJs from the celebrities you listed :p

In regards to the bloke I had mentioned earlier, who is the reason for this thread, I think he's fairly balanced, so it's difficult to tell.

ENFJ. Probably. I've grown confident again. We all know that means grievous errors abound. Until I'm right.

Difference between ENFJ and INFJ is INFJ is the recluse, and ENFJ is the outcast.

I should clarify because sounds like insult. ENFJs are great people, but unlike INFJs they share their controversial opinions. Don't worry. We are listening. We agree.

This guy is ten times better than I ever will be because he speaks his mind free of any shackles.

https://www.google.de/search?q=slajov+zizeck

Prediction on how I'm wrong: This guy really is ENFP, he really is INFJ or he's neither. See how Ni works? Creating inescapable predictions. It is quite lame in that respect. It does work though.

How to check. Ask if he's the recluse or the outcast. If says neither, then I don't know, and will be back to you on that. Actually, you should know.

Last edited:
I think he is a INFJ.

You're right. He is an INFJ.