Enforcing your beliefs onto others | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Enforcing your beliefs onto others

Really? If a person's in your face 24/7 preaching the word of god, just the constant exposure to him has to shift your views somewhat

Actually, that's more likely to make me opposed their views. When I get pushed, I get stubborn and wont budge.

My sister kept bugging me to play this board game with her and her friends and I didn't want to. She kept bugging, and I kept saying no. Eventually, she used some profanity and insulted me in front of everyone, so I explained "I will die before I ever play that board game." And I was absolutely serious too.

If other people aren't set in their beliefs and are open to be persuaded, then that guy in their face 24/7 has a reason to be there. With me, he'd just leave because it would be pointless.

What about people that take advantage of the weaknesses in people to get them to join their cults?

I don't think that's a fair way to persuade people.

And what about manipulation using less than honest tactics? (girl world sucks like that sometimes)

Not cool yo.

Last edited:
What about people that take advantage of the weaknesses in people to get them to join their cults?

I don't think that's a fair way to persuade people.
The opposite can be true as well, someone can take advantage of a weakness in a person to bring them to believe or to lose belief in quite a lot of things... be it politics, religion, or sales.

They have the right to a belief, they don't have a right to speak in my presence.

what...then why should anyone speak in anyones presence? that doesnt make sense. People of all kinds push things that are important to them, and that is human nature...my right is to choose...and walk away.

The opposite can be true as well, someone can take advantage of a weakness in a person to bring them to believe or to lose belief in quite a lot of things... be it politics, religion, or sales.

I see that as somehow less problematic... wonder why...

I see that as somehow less problematic... wonder why...
So taking advantage of someone is not so bad, provided it's for something you agree with?

So taking advantage of someone is not so bad, provided it's for something you agree with?

I'll go with that.
:m177:

EDIT: It really depends on what you're taking advantage of... what is okay and what is not is arbitrarily decided. :p

Last edited:
... though just like accepting someone else's beliefs, it requires the listener to agree with the process to work.

Hypnotise to be agreeable and consider each point logically
Follow up with Hypnotise to show atheism as more logical than Christianity
Follow up with Hypnotise to make Satanic

I'd change it to; Taking Advantage of Someone is not bad, provided they cannot or will not retaliate.

I'll go with that.
:m177:

EDIT: It really depends on what you're taking advantage of...
I believe it was you who originally articulated that in the context of this discussion in the first post I responded to. :mpoke:

what is okay and what is not is arbitrarily decided. :p
oh I see how it is... playing the relative morality card again.

I'd change it to; Taking Advantage of Someone is not bad, provided they cannot or will not retaliate.
Or of course that no one will haul off and retaliate on their behalf. :p

So simple dimple. I will never try this in my life. People have rights to own their beliefs, then we should not forget we can support them to correct their beliefs if they want. They will know how are their beliefs? So why should we interfere into others? No chance. Just focus on yourself you will find many right and wrong beliefs. Our task should be to refine them, give more sharpness to it and to go ahead.

It is violation if we stop them. Live life as human being.

Reactions: Kgal
Or of course that no one will haul off and retaliate on their behalf. :p

If anyone retaliates on their behalf, that's breaking the law, and I can sue them into oblivion.
If they retaliate on their own, then obviously your taking advantage of them was wrong.

You would have the same religious right to speak about Satanism to them. No one can 'force' religion on anyone else, but they can talk till they are blue in the face.

They have the right to speak about whatever they choose, just like I have the right to ignore them, ask them to shut up, or simply remove myself from the situation. *shrugs* If they want to stand on a soap box that's fine with me. They aren't causing me any real harm. Unless, of course,they are baiting people into a confrontation. That's where I begin to have an issue.