88chaz88

Back for a limited time only
Retired Staff
Mar 17, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
9w1
Post your thoughts on them. How do INFJs view ENFJs?

Positives?

Negatives?

Other type threads coming up.

:m2:

In general, I LOVE Enfjs.
They make excellent teachers in general, especially in middle and high school,)(though my Choir teacher at my Uni is one as well). If Infjs are the mind readers, enfjs are the feeling readers. They like to nuture your feelings. They just have this aura about them that automatically makes you like them before you can figure out why. They are the perfect people to keep company with to get you energized, especially on a dull, tired monday morning.

Pros: Compassionate, generous, energetic, charismatic
Cons: can be rather manipulative and may not be completely honest with you, and may choose to say things they know you want to hear, and may not give you the benefit of the complete truth.

I have yet to have a negative encounter with an enfjs, but I'm sure I may have one in the future.

One of my co-workers who left for Utah was an ENFJ, and she's awesome. I really enjoyed her company, and I only saw her in a few kerfluffles with other co-workers. Definitely charismatic, definitely her own person, and full of life.

Man, I miss her. :p

my bff is ENFJ shes a hard ass big time, but we are two halvs of the same whole. and we just get eachother...but she has a really bad attitude sometimes. shes her own woman not defined by anything but who she is.

They are cool as long as they leave me alone when I need it and shut up when I tell them to.

To be frank, they irritate me. What is generally seen as their positives also irritates me, but I try really hard to get along and compromise...because it's better than dealing with the Fe onslaught. :m192:

I have a good friend in Des Moines that tests as ENFJ, I would say EXFJ, not 100% certain on Ni vs Si for him. He is very easy going and I enjoy hanging out with him quite a bit.

He gets a lot of enjoyment out of picking my IT brain. One thing I notice is that he can take just a little bit of IT knowledge and he markets it like you...would...not...believe.

I mean, he can make an entire show out of simply using remote desktop to his downstairs server!

My example of marketing for contrast:

Me: "Yea, I set up a VPN tunnel and routing with shared domain services on a variable IP using dynamic DNS, it should work for you."

Them: "Oh... Thanks!"

He understands people, what they want to hear, and he knows instantly how to connect to them.

He walked in to a Wal-Mart with a router that we bricked by trying to update to a firmware that was buggy, he doesn't have a box or a receipt, and the guy gets them to exchange it. Not only that, but it was done without him ever raising his voice or throwing a fit.... WTF???

*Takes notes*

The few ENFJ's I have met, I like a lot. They are really "bubly" people and it is hard to hate them. They where able to have deep conversations as well as the small talk ones. It is really impressive to see how easy they can interact with others but they can also be overwhelming living with.

I'm not completely sure that I know an ENFJ. For a while I thought I could not handle the type due to one friend who tested as such, but she later retested as ESFJ which seems to fit better. She is clearly one fo the strongest judgers I've ever known, I can tell you that much.

There is one other girl I know whom I've recently come to suspect of being an ENFJ, with whom I tend to get along well despite being somewhat overwhelmed by her constant enthusiasm.

those who I met knew how to get inside, but did not seem sincere.

My boyfriend of six months is an ENFJ. Great guy. Very supportive. Can be a bit manipulative at times, and underestimates my intuition. We have a lot of arguments about me "misinterpreting" the things he says.

Would anyone like to share examples of ENFJ manipulation?

I'm kind of irked by the one I know, although they do seem to be one of the better liked personality types and generally would be considered "great" people by others, I think.

Last edited:
ENFJs

My boyfriend of six months is an ENFJ. Great guy. Very supportive. Can be a bit manipulative at times, and underestimates my intuition. We have a lot of arguments about me "misinterpreting" the things he says.

I find the same things true of my finance. We've been together 2 years, but have known each other for 15 years.

Also, what Enty says,

ENFJ's are alright I suppose.

Most of them are too wild for my taste (the ones I have meet anyway). They always seem to want to hug me for some odd reason. They lack the ability to see the force shield that I have placed around myself. I found I can't sit down and have a conversation without them doing something crazy such as standing on the table and breaking out into a song and dance. They have an amazing ability just like their ESFJ counterparts of embarrassing me in public. :m169:
I don't generally hang around them that often except for my older sister who happens to be one.

On the plus side they are very intelligent (my older sister is a whiz at physics and is getting her doctors degree in dermatology) and enthusiastic, I can see them being very ideal partners for INFP's and INTP's (who don't take themselves too seriously).

Last edited:
My most valued (note: not best) friend is an ENFJ and I really think he likes me merely for my ability to see through his bullshit. His other bestfriend, who I met through him and is also one of my best friends, is also an INFJ. He has admitted that we are the only two people in the world that will ever see the full range of his emotion.

He is extremely guarded and therefore both manipulative and avoidant. I am notorious for forcing him past these barriers and he is notorious for pulling me, kicking and screaming, past my own. All in all, I think he is the most valuable friend I've ever had, capable of understanding my spectrum of humanity and helping me to overcome it. Out of the four people I consider extremely close, he would be #2. They are, respectively, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, INFJ.

Reactions: Soulful
A lot of times my boyfriend offers to do things for me that he really doesn't want to do, in a way that lets me know he doesn't want to. Since I pick up on that fact, I feel guilty for making him feel obligated to offer, and most of the time tell him not to worry about it. Sometimes I pretend not to notice and let him do it anyway, because he offered, to try and teach him to be sincere. I know he'll do things he doesn't want to because he loves me, but most of the time I just can't let him.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that he told me the other day that one of his favorite and at the same time least favorite things about me is that I am insanely intuitive and cut right through the bullshit. He likes it because he doesn't have to work so hard to be understood. At the same time, he hates it because it makes him feel exposed and vulnerable.

Last edited:
I LOVE Enfj`s!! My best friend is one and I love her so much! I guess some Infjs might sometimes be a bit envious of theyre ability to be more outgoing than we are. But in general they understand us like no other type and are super sweet people.