Emotional Sensitivity | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Emotional Sensitivity

...and it has been popular with me for quite a few decades.

Without love, there may very well be no emotional sensitivities in the hearts of mankind. With love, the heartfelt cries eventually numb the pains of distress. I fear what one may see as a weakness, I may judge as a strength.

awwww @just me, i really like that. in all honestly i have been looking for ways to cope with pain, and your suggestion of love is a good idea. nonetheless my argument still stands, that inability to move past pain is not a strength, it may be an unwillingness to let love in, which i dont think is a strength.

awwww @just me, i really like that. in all honestly i have been looking for ways to cope with pain, and your suggestion of love is a good idea. nonetheless my argument still stands, that inability to move past pain is not a strength, it may be an unwillingness to let love in, which i dont think is a strength.
Nothing with a negative intent here, but what "may be" undoubtedly is conjecture. You did mention conjecture earlier. You also still look at hurt from love as "pain". I see it as painful. There are many factors that prompt what some people may consider to be excessive emotions. .................To me, in all seriousness, each one of us is unique. One of the first things I think about when you mention cultural aspects(don't laugh) is the fact most of my friends that have gone to war and returned eat very quickly. Think that might come from necessity. It is unhealthy to expect an individual to stop grieving before he/she is ready to stop grieving. Not everyone finishes a test at the same time. Not everyone runs a mile in a minute. Not everyone can function the same way when emotions are troubling them. Not everyone can shrug it off like water on a duck's back and be on their way. People that are somewhat different are not necessarily lacking. Some folk with extreme emotional sensitivities are that way because they might have more compassion than most around them and they know they are like that, mind you. If others cannot deal with their reactions, I can only guess they may not care to spend the time it might take to better understand what is going on. They might could be a tremendous boost to help someone along their path of healing........................................I have a curiosity level that impels me to research what some might think to be a problem and I learn a lot from those people. My Mother had several, but this one neurological doctor had tremendous feelings for her patients and their problems: even their families. It would wear her down( think that might need time alone to charge back up?). She was far from inadequate. I would call her a gifted physician. Spotted her from among many doctors that walked those halls at that hospital. Had she reacted like the norm, I think it would have both caused her and her patients more problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze