Eating out | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Eating out

Why is it so difficult to engage in conversation on this forum as of late? Either there are no replies, or the replies consist of jokes that bring no real value to the conversation.

I understand if I'm not asking substantive questions, I'll concede to that, but at the same time is it too much to expect a little thoughtfulness put into responses?

Jesus christ.

Ahem: Christ.

We eat out when the wife is tired of cooking and making me sandwiches for work. Once. Then, we return to our little world of survival while others eat out all the time.
Restaurants can't cook as good as she can. Boiled potatoes and boiled stringed beans are a meal to me. We go out as a reward for all her hard work. I would rather e

Reactions: slant
Ahem: Christ.

We eat out when the wife is tired of cooking and making me sandwiches for work. Once. Then, we return to our little world of survival while others eat out all the time.
Restaurants can't cook as good as she can. Boiled potatoes and boiled stringed beans are a meal to me. We go out as a reward for all her hard work. I would rather e
Seems like your message cut off

Why is it so difficult to engage in conversation on this forum as of late? Either there are no replies, or the replies consist of jokes that bring no real value to the conversation.

I understand if I'm not asking substantive questions, I'll concede to that, but at the same time is it too much to expect a little thoughtfulness put into responses?

Jesus christ.

giphy (12).gif

Guilt tripping people into answering a boring thread. People are really bored these days. You know what'd be fun? If we made jokes and posted memes.

Reactions: Jexocuha
Covid has actually been a blessing in respects of eating out. I can only do it with my family, for a similar reason to which SE mentioned.

Unless I'm in a relaxed and comfortable setting (such as a friends' house, or a big outdoor space) I always feel nauseous at the notion of eating with others, or uncomfortable to the point of losing my appetite. It takes slowly building up from smaller snacks to big meals over time with individuals, so is almost impossible to develop due to how little I go out in comparison. But it saves me money and makes me seem even weirder to people, so benefits all around.

I almost never eat out from one year to the next. I feel self-conscious in restaurants unless I'm with a big family group. I have a takeaway every third or fourth week and homecook everything else.
Ha. I rarely eat out, but for different reasons.

I've seen too many episodes of kitchen nightmares. Once in a blue moon I'll be out and get hungry enough to go into some sort of food place. I'll immediately notice dust on high surfaces, smudges around the service areas, and occasionally I can see into the kitchen, and that it's less clean than a public bathroom. Unless the staff are food obsessed perfectionists, with clean freak vibes, I just see most restaurants, cafes, and takeaways as cynical money making ventures. If they could turn a profit serving boiled lawn clippings, they'd probably put it on the menu, and still water it down, while using the cheapest clippings available.

I'll only eat simple home cooked food, or perhaps if it's a truly special occasion, at one of the expensive passion project + clean freak restaurants that win awards.