[INFJ] - Easily offended | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Easily offended

Please don't be offended by my skipping pages 4-7 by my own impatience on what i want to say here...

Strangely, I find a lot of the younger generation to be far more resiliant to these things than they lead on. There are two sides of the coin here. on one side we have the "Snowflakes", the other, the "boomers"

okay. so, with this; most of these "boomers" will perpetuate a lot of their dogmatic resolutions using their "old" tactics. It kinda incorporates with the he said / she said frothbucket.

So it boils down to which one we see first.

On the boomer side, they say these things which also includes words like "entitled" and "butthurt" where they feel that catagorizing one individual into a large mass of working class communists who say potato to be cute.

On the snowflake side, they just push it all aside and say to the boomer, "OK boomer" and let it go (queue the song.)

Now, in some detrimental thing, i have found that from the younger generation, they are more often than not trying to just live life. While the older generation are tryng their damndest to make america great again. (even if they are not living in america.)

But we also gotta realize something with the rise of social media. most social media has an age barrier... which considerably changes the sociological data here.

truely it is those who are of the "boomer" age, who try being "hip and cool" with the younger generations who are easily offended.

Kids nowadays are more prone to just enjoy some netflix, youtube, or some sorta video game.

People often forget as they get older, that humans are a simple species. While growing up we see something on television or around our physical reality, and it becomes something we build a resiliance towards. (for an example... i grew up being bullied as well, so my resilliance is pretty damn fortified.)

It is the fact that they are doing the exact opposite "anti-bully" campaigns on television programs like cartoon network. etc. that kinda instill this forementioned thought of a lack of resillience... (i really hope i am spelling resillience correctly.)

Those various things are movements in a correct direction for so many... but I have to say, if i was never bullied... i probably would be an ISFJ or and INTJ... in many aspects. (i find it weird how so many of these posts are connected in my little fantasy world...)

So really, the factor is that most of their "being easily offended" is due to heresy and propaganda by those who have lived in a pre-google society. (great now i sound like i am about to start a conspiracy lol)

i could easily say pre-internet society... but before google became a superpower, there were trolls, there still is... but they are huddled in various locations outside of google's grasp. (4chan, deep web, and such.)

Google designed an algorithm that floods your internet into something of your own little world. (even if you use duckduckgo... or other "privacy focus" sites.

(please read this all in the voice of Hermoine or Twilight Sparkle... or um anyone who explains things in a calm and prompt tone... to better understand how i am pointing this out. not in some crazed maniac that is seeking to destroy the world if no one listens. ie a conspiracy nut or "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD! i figure this may help my being understood better... on what my intent is on this weird speech...)

i shall resume reading these pages.

Books were banned or burned because conservatives were offended. This was "pre-internet".

Liberals are offended by some things.
Conservatives are offended by other things.
Young people are offended by something else.
Older people by still another thing.
Nobody is free of being offended or offensive to someone.

Just remember...
When you point a finger, three point back at you, and the thumb hangs in the balance.

Also, being offended doesn't mean anything. It describes a feeling a person has as a reaction to the subject.

When you point a finger, three point back at you, and the thumb hangs in the balance.

I AM OFFENDED!

_________________________________________ (two separate thoughts...)

what if you point the finger at your self?

I’m not saying we go back to the “good ol days” of using racial slurs and segregation but what I am advocating is allowing for the building of thick skin as it is NECESSARY as the lack of it causes misunderstandings and conflict

If I think something isn't right, and see it repeated over and over again, something is wrong. (Do not open the can of worms)

Quote a saying: "Give someone an inch and they want a smile." I am not talking individuals.

I know, deep inside, something must be done when I feel like trying to fix it. I pray....a lot and often. If God is with me, I am the only one that can keep from getting something to happen. Maybe I fail God: maybe I don't. Maybe I am not alone, but part of many people chosen to salt the earth a bit or let a little light show somewhere so God can see His Will be done?

A little girl used to walk to and from school past where I lived and trained a German Shepherd and Doberman. Used to have a policeman lean against the fence and watch every now and then. The girl was under 4' tall, as the fence was 4' tall. I found sticks, bottles, and large rocks out there quite often. She walked by one day while I was looking from upstairs. The girl would tantalize my Shepherd running a stick through the wire from one end to another, talking to him snotty like she hated him, then throw it at him and stick her tongue out at him. She and I went round and round with words, asking her to cross the dirt road there instead. Problem one, her Dad drove trucks and was never home but maybe once every week or two. Problem two, her Mother never came outside. She lived across the street two doors down.

Had this happened once, I could have dealt with it. Every school day, it bothered me. Couldn't talk with her parents. Didn't bother her, because she had no correction at home and did not care what I said.

One day, they rode by and she stuck her tongue out at him all the way home through the back window. She jumped out the car on the street side and ran toward her front porch. My Shepherd had her pinned down standing over her growling(warning) while I was calling him off on the run. He came off...never bit or clawed her. The big truck driver came walking toward me wrapping a rather large belt with a large belt buckle in his hand. Said he was going to kill me.

I called both my dogs to heel out in the road and told him since he threatened me and didn't know why it happened, the dogs would tear him apart if he so much as swung that belt buckle at me. He stopped short and went to call the police while I was trying to tell him why it happened. The police came. I called my attorney. "Keep him on a chain or get rid of him.'

I ran 7 gauge tension wire between two trees and put a chain on him. He broke the tension wire twice. Found him a good home, one of the hardest things I have done, and my Doberman went missing. That bothered me. Being a parent could have stopped that from happening. I was heartbroken, but offended.

Many kids today have no parents on the scene. I've seen some parents I would never leave a child with, and I've seen really good parents whose children say thank you and are polite. Change starts at home. There needs to be change.

Politics needs change.

Walking the world is like walking over a lake. Only steps we can take is on someone's head barely above the water. How few people there be that would stop and try to help someone, knowing they would lose a step.

Last edited:
If I think something isn't right, and see it repeated over and over again, something is wrong. (Do not open the can of worms)

Quote a saying: "Give someone an inch and they want a smile." I am not talking individuals.

I know, deep inside, something must be done when I feel like trying to fix it. I pray....a lot and often. If God is with me, I am the only one that can keep from getting something to happen. Maybe I fail God: maybe I don't. Maybe I am not alone, but part of many people chosen to salt the earth a bit or let a little light show somewhere so God can see His Will be done?

A little girl used to walk to and from school past where I lived and trained a German Shepherd and Doberman. Used to have a policeman lean against the fence and watch every now and then. The girl was under 4' tall, as the fence was 4' tall. I found sticks, bottles, and large rocks out there quite often. She walked by one day while I was looking from upstairs. The girl would tantalize my Shepherd running a stick through the wire from one end to another, talking to him snotty like she hated him, then throw it at him and stick her tongue out at him. She and I went round and round with words, asking her to cross the dirt road there instead. Problem one, her Dad drove trucks and was never home but maybe once every week or two. Problem two, her Mother never came outside. She lived across the street two doors down.

Had this happened once, I could have dealt with it. Every school day, it bothered me. Couldn't talk with her parents. Didn't bother her, because she had no correction at home and did not care what I said.

One day, they rode by and she stuck her tongue out at him all the way home through the back window. She jumped out the car on the street side and ran toward her front porch. My Shepherd had her pinned down standing over her growling(warning) while I was calling him off on the run. He came off...never bit or clawed her. The big truck driver came walking toward me wrapping a rather large belt with a large belt buckle in his hand. Said he was going to kill me.

I called both my dogs to heal out in the road and told him since he threatened me and didn't know why it happened, the dogs would tear him apart if he so much as swung that belt buckle at me. He stopped short and went to call the police while I was trying to tell him why it happened. The police came. I called my attorney. "Keep him on a chain or get rid of him.'

I ran 7 gauge tension wire between two trees and put a chain on him. He broke the tension wire twice. Found him a good home, one of the hardest things I have done, and my Doberman went missing. That bothered me. Being a parent could have stopped that from happening. I was heartbroken, but offended.

Many kids today have no parents on the scene. I've seen some parents I would never leave a child with, and I've seen really good parents whose children say thank you and are polite. Change starts at home. There needs to be change.

Politics needs change.

Walking the world is like walking over a lake. Only steps we can take is on someone's head barely above the water. How few people there be that would stop and try to help someone, knowing they would lose a step.
Oh man. I hate to read that--That you had to give your dog up over those neighbors. Sorry also to hear your doberman went missing.

Last edited:
The issue comes in when someone gets offended at facts or valid questions. (This is especially true on the big social media sites.) It seems like people make their feelings an authority in and of themselves & are sometimes unable to be the least bit objective. From my observation, loads of people can't stand being wrong or looking wrong so they end up saying "I said what I said" -- without acknowledging any good points you have made or they block you.

Some woman cussed me out for asking a simple question about Astrology and then when I corrected her and said, "I appreciate the education but calling me stupid wasn't necessary. We can't learn unless we ask" -- then she blocked me.

How can anyone truly "work on themselves" if they're never willing to hear the other side out, simply because they disagree or have a unique perspective? How can people truly be working on themselves if they can't acknowledge when they're wrong? You don't have to agree but at least acknowledge the points being made and own up to your mishap. I truly do not get this. It isn't the end of the world. We all mess up and get things wrong.(?)

Oh man. I hate to read that--That you had to give your dog up over those neighbors. Sorry also to hear your doberman went missing.

The Shepherd went to a farmer whose Shepherd rode everywhere with him. His dog sat in the truck while he and his friends ate lunch. One day after years, the dog jumped out to cross the street and was killed. I told him how to get my dog to sit, stay, and to come, and that nobody would ever get my dog out of that truck without his command. I couldn't visit. I was torn, but found a little cloud in it. Thank you for your kind words.

I'm sorry, @just me

:(

@Asa what a wonderful topic, as I often sit and think about how dumb it is to be so offended over everything and how people should just chill the fuck out.

Reactions: John K and Asa