Drugs? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Drugs?

There is insufficient evidence, but I would not be surprised if they really mess up your brain.

So what's the negatives?

Some sort of brain damage? It'd be hard to get a real answer to that question.

I wasn't serious. Although people do shrooms to purposefully mess with their heads.

As far as pot goes - yeah, the government doesn't have a way to profit off of it, so they're not gonna legalize it.

What's stopping them from just slapping a tax on it like they do with practically everything else?

Poetic Justice said:
Pot is well known for increasing anxiety and even causing severe attacks

It can, if you overdo it, as long as you're careful though you should be fine. It helps to stay away from stronger variants like skunk, because they have a high ratio of THC (which makes you feel high, but anxious) to CBD (which makes you feel mellow and calm).

I wasn't serious. Although people do shrooms to purposefully mess with their heads.

It brings back images of a guy in high school telling me how great shrooms are because they have absolutely no side-effects.

And then someone else told me that the rot your brain or something like that.

I don't know what they really do, but I figure you can't have your head messed with without paying a price for it. That is the case for most other drugs.

I have quite intense anxiety issues.
Usually when I'm feeling particularly
anxious I will run. It's a nice release.
It helps to also vent feelings and to
clear your head.

I love my Wellbutrin prescription. It changed my life for the better.
I used to be kind of manic. Highs/Lows, quick to anger at the dumbest things.
It leveled me out. I have been taking it for 8 years now.

I am kind of a better living through chemistry person. It's worked for me, but may not for others.

I have a joint for sleep but drugs to get rid of anxiety is dangerous in my opinion as you never really deal with the reason for anxiety. I have tried alot and it makes it worse usually, especially drink.

Salvia's pretty mild. I think people make it out to be scarier than it is. That said, it's not worth your time.

Salvia ain't too bad. Just do a lower power and you'll have 30 minutes of fun.

Man, what kind of salvia were you guys smoking? I took a few rips of that about ten years ago and it was like my entire identity / ego disintegrated into an infinite number of particles, each one containing a completely independent identity with a personal history, set of beliefs and unique voice. It felt as if they'd been congealed into a unified mass my entire life - stabilized by some neurological process and tethered to the singular entity that was "me" and salvia pull a thread that unraveled the whole thing in one brilliant existential explosion.They started screaming at me (which was odd since I didn't sense there was an actual 'me' to be screamed at) and arguing amonst themselves; a vast kaleidoscope of different vocalizations colliding together inside of my skull psychologically browbeating me and saying the most abusive shit ever. On top of that, there were these threatening comments like:

"You set us free, now we're never going home. We're going to live in your head forever. You fucked up."
"Can you hear me, boy?......Hey, I said can you hear me, boy?!"

So I responded:

"what?"

"CAN'T YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING INTO YOUR MOTHER FUCKING EAR?!?!"

Then they started talking to themselves like:

"He set us free. He'll never be the same now."
"No, leave him alone. He's alright."
"No way. He fucked up. He's done for!!"

Then they all started laughing and chanting and saying:

"we're free! we're free! We got him to set us free!!"

...it was just pure madness. Then I actually became each entity for a microsecond, jumping from one to another to another - thousands of identities in fractions of a second but somehow able to experience the totality and life history of each one. I was terrified I'd never get back to the "me" that I thought I originally was. About ten minutes later, it started to subside and all the voices start re-congealing; like they were getting sucked back down a drain at the bottom of which they'd be fuzed back together. As this was happening they were saying:

"We have to go home but don't ever forget we're here. We're always going to be watching you. We're always going to be here waiting for you to set us free again. Don't ever forget it."

So I don't know what you guys are talking about with this mild shit. For me, it was anything but mild - it was actually pretty terrifying.

Reactions: Jill Hives
Man, what kind of salvia were you guys smoking? I took a few rips of that about ten years ago and it was like my entire identity / ego disintegrated into an infinite number of particles, each one containing a completely independent identity with a personal history, set of beliefs and unique voice. It felt as if they'd been congealed into a unified mass my entire life - stabilized by some neurological process and tethered to the singular entity that was "me" and salvia pull a thread that unraveled the whole thing in one brilliant existential explosion.They started screaming at me (which was odd since I didn't sense there was an actual 'me' to be screamed at) and arguing amonst themselves; a vast kaleidoscope of different vocalizations colliding together inside of my skull psychologically browbeating me and saying the most abusive shit ever. On top of that, there were these threatening comments like:

"You set us free, now we're never going home. We're going to live in your head forever. You fucked up."

So I responded:

"what?"

...it was just pure madness. Then I actually became each entity for a microsecond, jumping from one to another to another - thousands of identities in fractions of a second but somehow able to experience the totality and life history of each one. I was terrified I'd never get back to the "me" that I thought I originally was. About ten minutes later, it started to subside and all the voices start re-congealing; like they were getting sucked back down a drain at the bottom of which they'd be fuzed back together. As this was happening they were saying:

"We have to go home but don't ever forget we're here. We're always going to be watching you. We're always going to be here waiting for you to set us free again. Don't ever forget it."

So I don't know what you guys are talking about with this mild shit. For me, it was anything but mild - it was actually pretty terrifying.

Holy crap!
158.gif

Reminds me of my experiences with Angel Dust. (PCP)

Sorry about your mom. :(
Oh yeah, I forgot to address drinking. I don't enjoy drinking too much. I usually only like its effects if I'm in a really bad mental state. I like the numbing and the instant mood upper that it provides... then the day after I'll be really depressed.
But I do also like that I can talk to people normally when I'm drunk. I probably don't even seem drunk to strangers, because all it'll do is make me small talk like people usually do. I've been trying to figure out how to be more sociable without having to be under the influence of whatever.

Thanks.

Well, my advice would be to clench your jaw, go out there, and practice. You seem really nice, I'd want to chit chat with you. Unless of course you said or did anything that was in the slightest bit awkward. At that point I'd run away shouting "freak of nature" to the whole world.

88chaz88 said:

Like permanently? Or just for a day of hallucinating? I'm not sure if mushrooms permanently effect your head, but I've had friends who've dropped acid and they say it changed their perspective on life. Anyone ever seen fear and loathing in las vegas with johnny depp? Classic drug movie.

Bird said:
I have quite intense anxiety issues.
Usually when I'm feeling particularly
anxious I will run. It's a nice release.
It helps to also vent feelings and to
clear your head.

I agree.

I think it might be time for a mushroom thread.

I'm just concerned for those of you believing that eating a mushroom would cause brain damage.

There is no evidence to support this.

A mushroom trip can be a very profound experience.

It helps peel away the layers of false self.

So we end up confronting our selves and realize what is important.

Set and setting is key. The nature and reality of your surroundings will be magnified, so you choose what you want to do with that.
I think hanging out in Las Vegas would be a wasted trip.
Bad vibes.

Mushrooms really get bad press. They want us to be afraid.
Fear is not helpful, but these things should be approached with respect.

Why are we sold all these prescription meds?
Someone's making money.
Mushrooms can not be taxed, so they ban em.
Simple as that!

Be careful not to swallow everything
they teach in those schools.

I think it might be time for a mushroom thread.

I'm just concerned for those of you believing that eating a mushroom would cause brain damage.

There is no evidence to support this.

A mushroom trip can be a very profound experience.

It helps peel away the layers of false self.

So we end up confronting our selves and realize what is important.

Set and setting is key. The nature and reality of your surroundings will be magnified, so you choose what you want to do with that.
I think hanging out in Las Vegas would be a wasted trip.
Bad vibes.

Mushrooms really get bad press. They want us to be afraid.
Fear is not helpful, but these things should be approached with respect.

Why are we sold all these prescription meds?
Someone's making money.
Mushrooms can not be taxed, so they ban em.
Simple as that!

Be careful not to swallow everything
they teach in those schools.
Perhaps not brain damage per se, but how can you be absolutely positive it wouldn't change your brain chemistry in some way? Is there enough evidence and research done to say for certain?

I didn't get the impression anyone in this thread was saying eating mushrooms will absolutely cause brain damage (it seems most here are very aware of the powers of propaganda) but that they are aware of a possibility of it altering some underlying aspect of your mind permanently. In some cases this may or may not be a bad thing, depending on your own subjective opinions.

If there are studies and research done that prove the absolute safety of consuming psilocyben mushrooms I would love to see them, as I also believe that they can be beneficial if used responsibly and in the proper settings with the proper mindset (I have had a couple of these profound experiences you mention and would love nothing more for others to see what I have seen during those trips) and I would love more solid proof that they are absolutely safe.

I would recommend, like others in this thread, to get a therapist. I know you said that you were scared about not liking the person, and i have a few things to say about that.

1. They are usually very good people.
2. Everything is confidential.
3. And please don't answer this, but you have an OB/GYN right? Trust is involved with that too, more so I'd think.

Keep in mind, therapy will not work if you don't want it to. You get what you put into it, I have seen great successes in as little as three visits when I felt like complete garbage.

Lastly, drugs (illegal or alternative) are usually not the answer because you become dependant on them to alter your mood AND who knows what reactions they will have with other drugs. Safest bet is to take meds you are prescribed, because they have been proven to be somewhat effective, you and your doctor can change them if they aren't working, and you and the doctor know what can and cannot be mixed with them.

many people seem to believe or to have been taught that every case of psychic pain or anguish requires professional treatment or medication of some kind. i think manageable amounts of anxiety can really help to remind us to listen carefully to the truth of our thoughts and feelings, to pay attention to ourselves, to learn and grow. it can be very motivational. people seem to see this kind of discomfort as something highly undesirable to be escaped from by any means, rather than an opportunity to examine their ideas and to develop personally. i really believe that unless it becomes disorderly, it's a perfectly healthy and good part of being human. whether they're right or wrong (and it's OK to change our minds and decide we were wrong), emotions can provide us with a lot of very useful information about our responses to things, what is good for us individually, and what may not be. embrace your anxiety as a tool of your humanity and make it work for you.

Reactions: myself
I'll openly admit that I started smoking pot at a young age. I can recall in my early years of highschool I would be overwhelmed being surrounded by so many people that I started smoking more frequently to deal with my anxiety. I try to not to let it be the center of my life. It helps me bring some sort of clarity to my cluttered thoughts, it improves my overall mood, making me incredibly calm and mellow, and it eases a lot of tension from my anxiety. I worry that I resort to smoking when I'm in an uneasy mood, or just out of boredom too often. I don't like to talk about it when I'm out in public, I worry people will automatically assume a handful of terrible things about me. Erg. I, at least talk to my parents about it, everyone who is close to me in my life is aware of my use and doesn't really consider it a problem. I think I have a lot of self control and if I really ever wanted to, I could quit. Maybe over time I'll change and smoking pot will become outside of my interests.

So I responded:

"what?"

Sounds about right.

[MENTION=1425]Korg[/MENTION]
very nice description of a salvia trip

i felt similar things with salvia

certainly not to be taken lightly

never felt a reason to feel fear with the mushrooms though
unless i was around people with the bad bad vibes

People are indicating that I might have an anxiety problem, but then I hear stories like these and I cannot relate. I never have any anxiety attacks, I never lose any sleep over it. But my whole life is filled with anxious moods, I guess. It seems as though it's part of my personality to fret over things? I don't know how to be any different, because it's what I've been like my whole life.

I'll try to think about what you've written here. That mantra is interesting, and I'll try to live by it. We could compete and see who is the best at sticking to it? :) And yeah, drinking will not offer a permanent solution. Plus that episode of its always sunny sounds prettty messed up. ha.
@aerosol
It doesn't have to manifest the same exact way. During the day, I feel fine. I'm able to get stuff done and focus on things..I'm not prone to moodiness, either... it's just when I try to relax, my brain won't stop analyzing every little thing and then formulating new worries for the future.. literally making my heart race so that I am very alert and unable to rest. There are lots of different symptoms of anxiety.

It could be part of your personality to fret and have lots of that type of energy.. It's just the wanting to escape by using substances as a coping mechanism that makes me wonder if it's anxiety. Just a suggestion.. I just identified with what you described in the OP. I'm clearly not certified to diagnose these things in other people..

What in particular do you fret about? Do you notice a pattern in your fretting?

Energy is energy, you could try to use it constructively, channel it into something else.
Do you have any creative outlets? I guess that was what I was trying to suggest in my previous post. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm trying to take that energy and turn it into something beneficial--so instead of slacking off and procrastinating about all my responsibilities, I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone to work within a schedule to the best of my ability... We could compete to see who pulls it off better, but it'd probably only give me one more thing to fret over. lulz

Last edited:
I would recommend, like others in this thread, to get a therapist. I know you said that you were scared about not liking the person, and i have a few things to say about that.

1. They are usually very good people.
2. Everything is confidential.
3. And please don't answer this, but you have an OB/GYN right? Trust is involved with that too, more so I'd think.

Keep in mind, therapy will not work if you don't want it to. You get what you put into it, I have seen great successes in as little as three visits when I felt like complete garbage.

Lastly, drugs (illegal or alternative) are usually not the answer because you become dependant on them to alter your mood AND who knows what reactions they will have with other drugs. Safest bet is to take meds you are prescribed, because they have been proven to be somewhat effective, you and your doctor can change them if they aren't working, and you and the doctor know what can and cannot be mixed with them.

I feel agitated about this thread. Probably because I also struggle with anxiety and when I get really deep in it I dream of altering with chemicals just to check out. I don't though. I don't because I sense I have the potential to become a real addicted mess. I don't know if my sense is right, but I sense that about you too, aerosol. I just felt agitated as I read your original request for drug recommendations and what you said around it. I felt agitated as I read your defenses against and resistance to the idea of seeing a therapist. I feel worried that you have set yourself on a path and that it's going to be a destructive one.

Maybe I'm worried about myself. Maybe I'm reliving my childhood seeing what my mom did to relieve her own anxiety and feeling uncomfortable and scared in it's presence. Maybe I'm just an anxious worrywart.

I don't think drugs are your solution, unless they are diagnosed for something that can be identified as being off kilter in your chemistry and the medications have some evidence to rectify that imbalance. I think drugs to take the edge off are just the first skips down a warped yellow brick road and Oz isn't pretty.

See a therapist. Be open to the possibility that they don't think you're weird and you just think they'll think you're weird because you really think therapy will be hard and taking drugs is easier. I don't think you'll find it easier in the long run. Take the hard road. I think it will be far shorter than the road you seem to want to walk down.

Reactions: n4^_xd and acd