Drop everything! Where would you travel today? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Drop everything! Where would you travel today?

00070 edited Mt Paget from KEP Hillside.jpg

Here. It's King Edward Point in Cumberland Bay on the sub-Antarctic Island of South Georgia. I took this photo when I was based there in 1972.

View attachment 89520

Here. It's King Edward Point in Cumberland Bay on the sub-Antarctic Island of South Georgia. I took this photo when I was based there in 1972.

Are those your footprints?
Beautiful spot, wonderful shot.

Are those your footprints?
Yes they are. I only realised how well they fit into the scene when I stopped and turned around. The photo is about 5-10 minutes walk from our base back along the direction of my steps.

Those sort of days were like diamonds they were so bright and shining. Most of the time the weather was very different, though still with its stormy charm, but less easy to capture on film

00370 edited Storm Wave, KEP.jpg

Those sort of days were like diamonds they were so bright and shining. Most of the time the weather was very different, though still with its stormy charm, but less easy to capture on film

View attachment 89521

Wow I love it. I'd love to go there myself some day.

Wow I love it. I'd love to go there myself some day.
There are people who run cruises in that part of the world but they cost a lot. You need to be OK with rough seas as well and accept the weather may be poor a lot of the time. It's worth it though because in my eyes South Georgia island and the other Scotia arc islands are incredibly beautiful. As is the Antarctic Peninsula - to sail through the Lemaire Channel just off the Peninsula is like sailing through a dream.

View attachment 89520

My mother’s comment upon seeing this and reading your comment—

“Spectacular.”

Cheers,
Ian

My mother’s comment upon seeing this and reading your comment—

“Spectacular.”

Cheers,
Ian
Glad she liked it! You might be interested in the camera - it was a twin lens Rolleiflex with a 75mm Zeiss Planar lens. A beautiful camera that was a joy to use. I processed all my own B&W film down there and quite a lot of the colour transparencies I took with it too.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Reactions: Jexocuha and John K
Ukraine, with as many AK-47s as I could find, THAADs, and a few defensive tactical nukes: tons of ammo, and people to fight for them.

When the job was done, maybe Australia and New Zealand.

Over to the ventriloquist dummy museum in Kentucky.

venthaven_62a29463-b468-4e75-8ce5-96479e973454.png

Night crappie fishing from docks built in deep enough water to make the crappie happy, close enough to sources where the street lights with attract minnows to eat the small bugs, the crappie eating the minnows, and white or hybrid bass(sometimes stripers) eating the crappie. There are usually several groups of people here and about. Memories of fun and laughter, family and friends, fish fries, and the big one that everyone saw get away. Thanks, Uncle Jimmy.

I would travel to the kitchen for the large bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos. Back now.

OK here's the setup. Someone will give you $10,000 to travel anywhere you want to go but only if you leave today. It's drop everything, book your flight, pack your bags and go. Your job, kids and pets will all be taken care of. Where would you travel?

I would want to see the ancient roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Ancient roman culture has always fascinated me. Not just the obvious things like the roman colosseum. But to see and understand how everyday roman people lived and worked.
Iv always wanted to go to Canada, I have a strong connection to the mountains also, there are so many things I would to see it would be hard to decide, I would just follow my heart.