Dream interpretation | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

So far the dreams mentioned are far less disturbing than the majority of mine.

dreams are unusual by nature. They're interesting because they're not literal, but symbolic. The weird thing is something that has a negative association in a dream can mean something more positive in real life. That's what makes interpretation so interesting.

Just as a note, I originally and unknowingly started my search for the origins of consciousness with dreams. I was amazed at dreams and how they could effect you just like real life events. Before I even knew it I had correlated the idea that if your brain did not know the difference between the waking world and dreams how could you ever really know what the real world was. Anyway very cool thread I hope you all continue to post. There like mini novels.

what I've always thought really great about sleep/dreams is that your subconscious works stuff out, and something that's bothering you the night before, may all but disappear as an issue when you wake up the next day because it was worked out somehow through sleep.

I dreamt I was in a prequel to the Final Fantasy saga and it was just your typical medieval setting. This was partially brought on because I was going to play Crusades with ACD's b/f but I havent gotten around to it yet. Anyways, it featured beautiful auto-mapping as well as first or 3rd person play. I was figuring the controls out as I went and figured out how to open a treasure chest. Eventually I acquired two henchmen and went into first person mode. There was a guy who was throwing arrows at people but he could not attack through a sheet that was hung at eye-level to him over a railing. I thought it was funny (at this point I knew I was dreaming) because most times in games an enemy can't attack through a wall, but this was just a sheet - the equivalent of a bush - and I could see him, he could see me, but he had to wait until I walked in front of the stable he was in because that would allow him a clear opportunity of attack; also coupled with the fact that the AI was supposed to be real-human level. Just made me laugh.

I have had reoccurring dreams involving tidal waves, and lately, being hunted down by crazy bikers to be murdered....hah, gotta stop those horror movies right before bed. But the dreams are usually very similar, and the people coming after me look the same. I am usually in a house that isn't mine, and something usually goes wrong with the house in some way. Last time it was set on fire and I was stuck on the roof. A dream before that I fell through the attic ceiling.

The tidal wave dreams are all quite different. Once I was in a beach house looking right out at the shore, watching a huge wave come closer and closer until it hit the house. I woke up when the water hit. Another dream I was in a forest and suddenly a wave came over the trees and engulfed everything.

I have had reoccurring dreams involving tidal waves, and lately, being hunted down by crazy bikers to be murdered....hah, gotta stop those horror movies right before bed. But the dreams are usually very similar, and the people coming after me look the same. I am usually in a house that isn't mine, and something usually goes wrong with the house in some way. Last time it was set on fire and I was stuck on the roof. A dream before that I fell through the attic ceiling.

The tidal wave dreams are all quite different. Once I was in a beach house looking right out at the shore, watching a huge wave come closer and closer until it hit the house. I woke up when the water hit. Another dream I was in a forest and suddenly a wave came over the trees and engulfed everything.

This is going to sound out of place but a week or so before the tsunami hit in Indonesia I dream of being in buildings close to the ocean and where waves began to overtake everything eroding the foundations. I personally was scrambling to get to higher ground. I never had dreams like this before it happened, I had one or two after it happened both seemed to correlate with lesser similar events.

I think there is more going on in this world than we known and I think dreams sometimes give us insight into things like this. But maybe I just speculating a little too far. Besides even if I am right and people can have glimpses of the future either dreaming or not, its not like it helps anyone in any great way.

Also just looked this up.
http://thedreamwell.com/2008/10/24/meaning-of-tidal-wave-in-a-dream/

Last edited:
I have had dreams in which I was interacting with other people-faceless people who I can't picture when I go back and remember my dreams (and I usually remember details of my dreams vividly). If I try to remember their faces, it's a blur. Then, some time later in my waking life, I will meet someone and it just hits me-they were in my dream. One example I can recall is once I dreamt of being on a row boat on a lake at sunset with some guy. The water was serene and we were just leisurely rowing and talking (about what, I don't remember.) I didn't know it until I met him, but the guy was my bf. it's not a visual recognition but more a feeling like déjà vu. I'm not sure what it's all about and it could be my mind playing tricks. So I don't tell people when I think I recognize them from dreams.

Last edited:
I have had dreams in which I was interacting with other people-faceless people who I can't picture when I go back and remember my dreams (and I usually remember details of my dreams vividly). If I try to remember their faces, it's a blur. Then, some time later in my waking life, I will meet someone and it just hits me-they were in my dream. One example I can recall is once I dreamt of being on a row boat on a lake at sunset with some guy. The water was serene and we were just leisurely rowing and talking (about what, I don't remember.) I didn't know it until I met him, but the guy was my bf. it's not a visual recognition but more a feeling like déjà vu. I'm not sure what it's all about and it could be my mind playing tricks. So I don't tell people when I think I recognize them from dreams.

Apparently this is true? Not sure how someone would prove this. As I mentioned before I know how to lucid dream. However when in dreams knowing that I am dreaming I have tried to look at faces, to concentrate on them and somehow they always slip away. Especially the eyes.

4. In Our Dreams We Only See Faces, That We already Know
Our mind is not inventing faces – in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.

Apparently this is true? Not sure how someone would prove this. As I mentioned before I know how to lucid dream. However when in dreams knowing that I am dreaming I have tried to look at faces, to concentrate on them and somehow they always slip away. Especially the eyes.

4. In Our Dreams We Only See Faces, That We already Know
Our mind is not inventing faces — in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember. We have all seen hundreds of thousands of faces throughout our lives, so we have an endless supply of characters for our brain to utilize during our dreams.
I don't lucid dream. I don't try to, but I have had dreams where I am aware that I want to see someone's face, I'm searching for their features and nothing stands out. I remember the hair, sometimes the clothing, and if they are wearing something distinguishing like a hat. But mostly, I'm just left with the feeling or essence of the character in the dream. How bizarre is it that we can seemingly create entire new worlds in dreams but can't make out dream people's faces?

One thing I'm reading says the faces are blurry because the character represents aspects of ourselves that we haven't yet encountered or faced (there's a pun there!) Just one thing to consider.

Last edited:
Last night I had a dream that I was in a house that looked like my brother’s house, but in the dream it felt like it was mine. There were several people there. Relatives from my father’s side of the family and some of their friend’s, specifically doctors that they are friendly with and their families. The majority of the time I am chasing after my 4 month old and for some reason he can walk, even though he is 4 months in the dream. Every time I turn away to speak with someone that comes to talk with me, he disappears and I go searching for him. I am starting to stress out because he is so tiny and could easily get into something that could hurt him. At one point, I find him in a bathroom undoing a roll of toilet paper into the toilet. I am upset. What if he got curious over the water in the toilet and fell in head first and drowned? Anyhow, as I am carrying him out of the bathroom, I see my uncles and male cousins carrying a white coffin in through the front door. I look at my husband and say, “Um, really? Why are they carrying a coffin into my house?” He shrugs as if to say, ‘I’m done wondering why these things happen’ and goes to help. I am then told that my grandfather is holding a memorial service for my grandmother (father’s side) and he wanted her body exhumed for the service. Now I am wondering jokingly in my mind if it’s going to be open casket. What a mess that would be. She’s been dead for years now. Then I realize, he has been dead for quite some time too! I then see my Uncle, the youngest of the children. He is holding the service because he knew how much my grandfather loved my grandmother, even though she was horrible to him. It was also obvious to me that my uncle was having a hard time letting go of their memory. I didn’t get it at all. It wasn’t reasonable to mourn someone that was not good to you…why don’t they get? What am I missing?

I am so lost in my own thoughts about this (something common irl) that I forgot to look after my son again and he has disappeared AGAIN. I go looking for him in one of the bedrooms upstairs and there are two men dressed in army attire in one of the bedrooms just hanging out. I don’t see my son so I leave the room. I come back in a few minutes later and these two men are sleeping on the beds in the room. I’m annoyed. This is not their house, they are guests here! As I walk over to say something to them, I see my baby cuddled up in the covers at the end of one of the beds. I was so happy to find him that I didn’t care that the men were sleeping in my beds and I went back downstairs with my baby in my arms. In the kitchen, my mom was standing there with an annoyed look on her face. I followed her eyes to where she was looking and there was at a big dish with yellow rice. A woman pulled a salt shaker out of her pocket and was shaking it over the rice. My mom looks at me as if the lady was sprinkling arsenic on the food, and says, “Who does she think she is?!?!!” She was enraged. I was thinking, ‘who would make yellow rice for a memorial service? Strange.’ Dream over.

Ooh great idea for a thread! Can every one pitch in with ideas for what the dreams mentioned means?

I have had a lot of very unpleasant nightmares the last few months. In most of them I am trapped in a small space and being constricted. Sometimes I am physically held down. In others, there's too much space and I am too alone. Does that mean something, have you dreamt something similar to that?

Reactions: Gaze
yeah, anyone is free to offer their own interpretations. :)

Enter. I am apparently flying on my own toward a row of houses. They look a little like town houses but are each mostly seperate from eachother. The lighting is dim but light as if it had been raining, the clouds are thin. Still, there is something not right about the light. As I get closer and lower I see there is something very wrong with them. They are all rotting apart. Its not that they are falling apart, they are rotting. I have a sad desolate feeling. I very much do not want to be here. I land on a roof top and fall through. A sense of dread creeps up. I do not know what I fear but the feeling of aloneness is almost ...I cant think of a word to describe it right now. I make my way through the house by busting through some walls and then wake up.

I dreamt I was living in Europe somewhere, and working as a painter/sculptor- something creative that I enjoyed doing. I was asked to do a bunch of work, and decided to go away to this tiny beautiful inn by the sea. Once there, I was eating alone and a strange man came up to me. I just remember being overwhelmed with excitement and happiness.

I think this is a dream about what I want out of life...I remember feeling really happy and fulfilled in my dream

Sounds like your dream is about having everything you want except that one thing you've been wanting but didn't know you needed to be fulfilled. That strange man maybe something unexpected, unplanned, that somehow makes you feel complete. In other words, you thought you had everything you wanted or needed until this one thing or person who comes along to make it complete, but you didn't know it. You thought you had everything. So, it's a surprise, something that will come along when you least expect it.

I dreamt I was in a prequel to the Final Fantasy saga and it was just your typical medieval setting. This was partially brought on because I was going to play Crusades with ACD's b/f but I havent gotten around to it yet. Anyways, it featured beautiful auto-mapping as well as first or 3rd person play. I was figuring the controls out as I went and figured out how to open a treasure chest. Eventually I acquired two henchmen and went into first person mode. There was a guy who was throwing arrows at people but he could not attack through a sheet that was hung at eye-level to him over a railing. I thought it was funny (at this point I knew I was dreaming) because most times in games an enemy can't attack through a wall, but this was just a sheet - the equivalent of a bush - and I could see him, he could see me, but he had to wait until I walked in front of the stable he was in because that would allow him a clear opportunity of attack; also coupled with the fact that the AI was supposed to be real-human level. Just made me laugh.

Not familiar with game controls or cosplay. However, the part which you say was unique was when he could not attack through a sheet. A wall is considered firm and impenetrable. A sheet however, isn't. A sheet could be seen as transparent and would make anyone vulnerable except to hide their identity. So, question is why he wasn't able to penetrate a sheet but only when you were out in the open. Maybe there's a sense that who you are not being perceived by someone who knows you. Unless you tell them who you are, you will be like a mystery to them. It could also mean that no one can hurt or harm you unless you reveal yourself to them. In other words, you are in control, and hold the power in your relationships with people. They don't see things you don't want them to see. They only see when you want them see and how you want to be seen. They are clueless otherwise.

But the dreams are usually very similar, and the people coming after me look the same. I am usually in a house that isn't mine, and something usually goes wrong with the house in some way. Last time it was set on fire and I was stuck on the roof. A dream before that I fell through the attic ceiling.

Sounds like a dream about being out of control, since it's not your own home. It's like you're on someone else's turf or having your sense of stability or certainty constantly undermined (fell through ceiling). There's a sense that things keep changing and you feel almost as if you escaping tricky situations.

Same like the other dream, there's a sense that you're being overwhelmed, or overtaken and feel powerless to escape or protect yourself. You may feel as if you've lost control of what's going on and can't escape. Maybe next time you have the dream, consciously try to build a fort or dome to protect yourself from the oncoming waves.

This is going to sound out of place but a week or so before the tsunami hit in Indonesia I dream of being in buildings close to the ocean and where waves began to overtake everything eroding the foundations. I personally was scrambling to get to higher ground. I never had dreams like this before it happened, I had one or two after it happened both seemed to correlate with lesser similar events.

I think there is more going on in this world than we known and I think dreams sometimes give us insight into things like this. But maybe I just speculating a little too far. Besides even if I am right and people can have glimpses of the future either dreaming or not, its not like it helps anyone in any great way.

Also just looked this up.
http://thedreamwell.com/2008/10/24/meaning-of-tidal-wave-in-a-dream/

I didn't look at the link before I posted my interpretation. So, yeah, sounds similar to Jill's dream in that tides and waves overtaking suggest lost of control, or a sense of powerlessness. Unhinging foundations can also suggest some aspect of life where things are topsy turvy, and overturned expectations. Things are moving in a completely different direction than they were before. Waves overtaking everything means, possibly your world turning upside down and going in a vastly different path then you originally thought or planned. Maybe there's a sense that things need to be overturned or destroyed to make way for something new and better.

I have had a lot of very unpleasant nightmares the last few months. In most of them I am trapped in a small space and being constricted. Sometimes I am physically held down. In others, there's too much space and I am too alone. Does that mean something, have you dreamt something similar to that?

Small spaces usually mean claustrophobia in terms of circumstances. Perhaps you may be feeling as if your current circumstances are limiting at the moment and making it difficult to really pursue the direction you really want to take. In the ones where there's too much space and feel alone, may suggest that having support is important. You want freedom but you also want to feel a sense of belonging. You want to feel connected and too much space implies loose or no attachments or commitments.

Last edited:
Enter. I am apparently flying on my own toward a row of houses. They look a little like town houses but are each mostly seperate from each other. The lighting is dim but light as if it had been raining, the clouds are thin. Still, there is something not right about the light. As I get closer and lower I see there is something very wrong with them. They are all rotting apart. Its not that they are falling apart, they are rotting. I have a sad desolate feeling. I very much do not want to be here. I land on a roof top and fall through. A sense of dread creeps up. I do not know what I fear but the feeling of aloneness is almost ...I cant think of a word to describe it right now. I make my way through the house by busting through some walls and then wake up.

Interesting one. I think the row of houses apart could suggest deterioration due to inadequate support. You are viewing a situation where people are less connected to each other and being more self sufficient yet unable to sustain themselves on their own without community or support. So, they suffer for lack of sufficient resources on their own. Everyone leaves each other to fend for themselves, so without the ability to seek help or assistance, the foundation is weak and rotted. The idea that you are able to go through the house by busting through walls, suggests that the foundation of the relationships are so weak that they dissolve with limited intrusion or force. There's nothing holding these homes or relationships together. Foundations are easily rocked, because they are not built on firm foundations with strong bonds.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Disclaimer: I like analysis but my interpretations are simply based on conjecture. Please leave feedback for interpretations. If the interpretations seem way off mark, please feel free to debunk them. :)

Last night I had a dream that I was in the army (like every night) and we were stacking up to raid a pyramid. So we went in and I pretended to have claustrophobia so that I could go wander around it myself. There were a few practical jokes in the pyramid, like doors that just opened up to a wall and had a sign that said "dead end haha" . Also in the pyramid was a thrift store. It was rather large and was pretty much the main attraction of the pyramid.

Disclaimer: I like analysis but my interpretations are simply based on conjecture. Please leave feedback for interpretations. If the interpretations seem way off mark, please feel free to debunk them.

So official.

I dreamed that I was playing with big blocks in space and moving them around and stuff, like from a god perspective where I could control stuff just by thinking it. It was out of body or I didn't have a body, I was just aware and had control of everything. I was also lucid and knew it was a dream and I was having a lot of fun, but somebody woke me up suddenly and I was soooo mad, augh. Thanks but I don't want to eat right now, I'm having this awesome dream! So I went back to sleep and started to get the dream back and somebody made some stupid racket which woke me again. Disgusted.

The last few nights I've been having weird story dreams, but what's always consistent is that my grandparents are still alive, and then something happens to my grandfather and I panic because I don't want him to die again (within the dream, I know he's died before)....regardless of what I do, he ends up in a very fragile and weak state...and then I wake up.

It's been putting me in awful moods early in the morning too!

Reactions: invisible