Does knowing that you “fit in” a personality type actually makes you feel better? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Does knowing that you “fit in” a personality type actually makes you feel better?

Honestly, I don't know.

There are times when I see the appeal of being an ENTJ. I think I'm tougher than a of Americans because I've been through a lot more than most Americans.

Reactions: InTRovErT34
I still do not know what my MBTI type is (I have considered all XXXJ types with the exceptions of ESFJ and ENFJ), but knowing that I am a 1w2 has helped. It made me realize that I should probably tone down my perfectionism.
Are you virgo zodiac sign

Reactions: Ginny
I discovered personality type stuff when i was in high school
i was excited when i find out what is personality is like (at that time i didnt research deeply on whats mbti is like).

it has good impact on me

so does "fit in" makes me feel good? it depends.
and the reason is idk :tearsofjoy:.

Honestly, I don't know.

There are times when I see the appeal of being an ENTJ. I think I'm tougher than a of Americans because I've been through a lot more than most Americans.
I hope you have gained knowledge along with the toughness. I too have been through alot of experience. I'm thankful for it's teaching.

There are only 16 Jungian types that exist. Even if only 1 out of every 200 people were INFJ (which is likely not the case), unless you essentially live in an isolated Amish community, it’s extremely highly unlikely that anyone, even highly introverted INFJs, have never met another INFJ. It’s just highly improbable, statistically speaking. Almost everyone, except for the aforementioned highly isolated exceptions, are going to have met at least a handful of INFJs in their lifetime. It’s just a matter of recognizing/realizing it or not. Remember that no matter how special you think you may be, the numbers and reality say it’s impossible! <3
I'm special your special were all special. the numbers don't compute to telling us anything about reality. And quantum mechanics are showing that they don't know either. I believe reality is much different than what we have accepted. Numbers can't be reasoned with for saying shit cause everyone lies. I agree with you there..but we're all special.

Reactions: V1S1ON
Yes, I am a Virgo. I had an astrology phase (it was popular at my school when I started there) and people thought that I acted like a Virgo or a Capricorn. I would think that the Virgo archetype best fits ISTJ traits.
I'm a virgo to.and INFJ. You mentioned perfection and I took a wild guess. Us virgo tend to be perfectionist.

I'm a virgo to.and INFJ. You mentioned perfection and I took a wild guess. Us virgo tend to be perfectionist.

Here is one of the most complicated types to live through life, throw in a few more things and basically r.i.p fitting into current society. I like to delve into such rabbit holes especially when they are nearly or practically bottomless since the usual types are avoidant of such topics.

Here is one of the most complicated types to live through life, throw in a few more things and basically r.i.p fitting into current society. I like to delve into such rabbit holes especially when they are nearly or practically bottomless since the usual types are avoidant of such topics.
I love to dive into rabbit holes to. I am just not one who can stay on the surface while aknowledgment of a opening is present. Like I just couldn't Walk away never knowing what lies beneath .sorta a obvious choice for me. I have trouble seeing the other perspective of the ones who don't see it or do but say nope not for me.. well why ..why would you not want to explore the unknown there's a ton you will become aware of. But I know it's all conjecture. Because no proof.. well that's why I'm Ontological and very little am I empirical. Funny I won't go any further.. it's all metaphorical. Hole jumpers gonna jump..non hole jumpers gonna hate..lol I'm so tarded..

I love to dive into rabbit holes to. I am just not one who can stay on the surface while aknowledgment of a opening is present. Like I just couldn't Walk away never knowing what lies beneath .sorta a obvious choice for me. I have trouble seeing the other perspective of the ones who don't see it or do but say nope not for me.. well why ..why would you not want to explore the unknown there's a ton you will become aware of. But I know it's all conjecture. Because no proof.. well that's why I'm Ontological and very little am I empirical. Funny I won't go any further.. it's all metaphorical. Hole jumpers gonna jump..non hole jumpers gonna hate..lol I'm so tarded..

Amazing isn't it how people like to only keep things on the surface be it themselves never knowing who they truly are let alone anyone else preferring the day to day and the mind numbing mundane. What disappoints me and sometimes disturbed by is the lack of a solid core in most personalities though sometimes be surprised by something worthwhile but more often than not all I end up finding is a Lot of baggage especially with the social types. I really don't like when such personalities are soft and squishy like spoiled produce. In the all in all how can one not have some level of curiosity of what is really down there in those deep layers of the human soul as it has that archeology vibe where all kinds of neat but otherwise inactive or extinct attributes that help explain the present personalities and why they are the way they are.

Reactions: InTRovErT34
Amazing isn't it how people like to only keep things on the surface be it themselves never knowing who they truly are let alone anyone else preferring the day to day and the mind numbing mundane. What disappoints me and sometimes disturbed by is the lack of a solid core in most personalities though sometimes be surprised by something worthwhile but more often than not all I end up finding is a Lot of baggage especially with the social types. I really don't like when such personalities are soft and squishy like spoiled produce. In the all in all how can one not have some level of curiosity of what is really down there in those deep layers of the human soul as it has that archeology vibe where all kinds of neat but otherwise inactive or extinct attributes that help explain the present personalities and why they are the way they are.
Life is a feeling profound, discovery, understanding, reasoning, perception, observation, learning, analyzing, knowledge, these are all lesser gained when swimming waters of the mainstream, To get the food you need to grow ,just break away swim down below, your eyes will open you then will see, a playground full of discovery, now go and swim these waters free, Be grateful that you took the dive, you'll be glad you did down deep you'll thrive ,you'll go were only few have went, you'll be thankful for this time you've spent...hahahaha I turned it into a poem....fancy...I like what you speak I can jive with it...thanks ..