Do you want more from friendship than people can actually give? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you want more from friendship than people can actually give?

The majority of people I'd spend a decent amount of time with (i.e. could just call them up and say, 'wanna do something?') live nowhere near me at the moment. The friends that are in the area are super busy with their professions or education, and to try to weasel my way into any face time with them would, I believe, paint me in a rather intrusive light.

:m114: So thankfully I'm able to devote 95% of my time to perfecting the technique of leaning against walls and looking cool. Another 3% goes to posting on the forum. The other 2% is when I see my friends.

When I told my sister what I thought friendship should be, she laughed and said it would never happen ^^"

I wish friendships meant that you encouraged each other (without being competitive), honest, can have arguments sensibly, always supportive etc. etc.

I expect waaay too much from people.

I have experienced so many failed friendship that I have adjusted to sustaining most of my own needs myself to avoid disappointment from others, which results in having only one true friend or periods of having none. However, when searching for a lover or partner there is a certain expectation which is set by your ideals, which can be achieved by you but not necessarily by others. I try to give my ideals a reality check every now and again.

Do you think this is an INFJ thing or just an "intense people who spend a lot of time on the internet" thing?

Do you think this is an INFJ thing or just an "intense people who spend a lot of time on the internet" thing?
possibly both but for different reasons

I love people very much in general, especially difficult people. However, when I "let myself love them" in a personal way, I end up hating most people because of their shallowness. This in turn causes me very great anguish because it goes so strongly against my grain. So I don't let myself love others.

This is personally, almost ALWAYS the case. I just naturally know if I let myself (and didn't hold myself back), I'd be putting everything into my relationship (friendship or romantic). I'm an intense person, so I like intense relationships a lot. They feel real to me :D~

I also expect way too much out of people, but that will never change. I will never compromise that, because however few they may be, I've found people who feel the same way as me and my friendships with them are absolutely remarkable. However few there may be, I will always reserve my deepest, warmest, part for them :)