Do you tend to love people too much and too fast? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you tend to love people too much and too fast?

I quickly remove myself if I feel I'm gaining the love part too fast. I don't think I love too fast, but I definitely like too fast.

Yeah I've been told I'm the nicest person they have met yet I don't really have that many close friends....I have heaps of internet friends if anyone would like to be one :D I never knew there were so many INFJ's here, I have never met a INFJ in real life but It's nice to know there are some out there as I feel lonely sometimes even when I have family and friends around me. My best chick friend is a INFP I love her! And she loves me :D

Yes. Through most of my youth and young adulthood.

I've developed armor as an older adult, though.

I used to love people too much, way too fast. But I think it had more to do with seeking validation from them. I 'loved' selfishly.

I got over needing to love people so they would love me in return. Now, I love people in theory.. want to continue to devote myself in a career dealing with making people safe and happy, but when it comes to daily interactions with people, I'm terrified to get too close or reveal too much (usually, unless I sense I can trust you.) I worry I'm not compassionate enough, now.

Last edited:
Yes I used to love way too fast as well....not sure why. I would always think that things would be going so well and then my neediness/displays of affection would turn off the other side. I think I was always seeking permanence from them in a way that they couldn't ever provide, and wouldn't ever want to provide. I've developed some pretty thick walls these days.

Last edited:
I would not call it love them too much. I think I care for them too much and when they hurt me I get very disappointed with them. I think they just did not care as much as I did in the end. Sad but painfully true....

I would not call it love them too much. I think I care for them too much and when they hurt me I get very disappointed with them. I think they just did not care as much as I did in the end. Sad but painfully true....

same here. word for word man

I love everyone. Liking, however, is not a luxury that i can or have experienced.

Last edited:

EXCELLENT THREAD! and Ditto to all of it. This happens constantly, if not every day.

I dont love people too much or too fast. It takes me a long time to actually love a person or even like them as more than a friend. I dont really trust people much. It normally takes a while for me to let them in. However I do tend to care about people too much and too fast to the point where I end up getting hurt. For some reason i feel compelled to help people, not by morales because i want to help. I care about them even though they dont care about me. I have a lot of trouble getting rid of unhealthy relationships and still do. I try to see the good in people and work past the bad, but like I said I end up getting hurt. I am just going to work on not caring about anyone. :p

I easily like and enjoy people to an extent greater than other people's ability, but I wouldn't say it's excessive. I appreciate people if they have the basic manners down and without harsh judgment.
But when I do find someone a little bit more special, I tend to be really attracted to them. That's when it's excessive. But I can usually tell if they are bothered by it and leave them alone. I should really work on not getting to that point hahaha

Oh most definitely. That's my biggest problem. I grow attached way too easily after meeting someone and becoming friends. And I always feel like I love them more than they love me.

Yes I used to love way too fast as well....not sure why. I would always think that things would be going so well and then my neediness/displays of affection would turn off the other side. I think I was always seeking permanence from them in a way that they couldn't ever provide, and wouldn't ever want to provide. I've developed some pretty thick walls these days.

Exactly. That's my experience as well.

ok-Fe wore off
I do fall hard and fast and out and then in again with anew lover-manque