Do you often feel older than your peers? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you often feel older than your peers?

Now i've noticed this weird thing with INFJs. When you are under25- 26 or so, you feel much older than your peers. then after you hit the mid mid life crisis, you start regressing somewhat. Like making up for the childhood you never allowed yourself. You relax and just stop caring so much. It's much more fun on this side, but you can still pull out the 'wiseold soul card' when its handy. At this rate, by the time i'm 65, I'll be a zygote. I can't wait to be the fun playful granny.

Reactions: Jana
Now i've noticed this weird thing with INFJs. When you are under25- 26 or so, you feel much older than your peers. then after you hit the mid mid life crisis, you start regressing somewhat. Like making up for the childhood you never allowed yourself. You relax and just stop caring so much. It's much more fun on this side, but you can still pull out the 'wiseold soul card' when its handy. At this rate, by the time i'm 65, I'll be a zygote. I can't wait to be the fun playful granny.

This is what I've experienced as well.

:thumb:

when I was yoner I always felt that was either older or had lived beyond my years. . hard to describe. . like I had insights that came with age. .

Definitely,

My mother always says that I was born 30.
My teachers in high school always said that I talked as if I were 42.

Last year, one of my peers who is 30 years of age thought I was 27 when I was 19.

But how do I view myself?

I am definitely beyond my years in my mind, but in my actions, I feel a little younger.
Pretty much, I'm a 20 year old woman with a 16 year-old body and reflexes and a middle-aged mind.

People often ask if I am x years old, when really I'm y years younger.

I feel the same though.

People who are older than their age usually means they are no fun and quiet. Where as people who are younger than their age are boisterous and physically active.

GILF

People who are older than their age usually means they are no fun and quiet. Where as people who are younger than their age are boisterous and physically active.
So are you, like, 85?

Reactions: Nixie and not sure
Definitely,

My mother always says that I was born 30.
My teachers in high school always said that I talked as if I were 42.

Last year, one of my peers who is 30 years of age thought I was 27 when I was 19.

But how do I view myself?

I am definitely beyond my years in my mind, but in my actions, I feel a little younger.
Pretty much, I'm a 20 year old woman with a 16 year-old body and reflexes and a middle-aged mind.

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

Sigh.... I remember those days.

Sounds like a little bit of heaven to me! :lol:

The same goes for me. People say often, that I'm 6-7years older, than I am, or even 10years older. It depends..

Almost all my friends are older than I am and some of them are even 40 or 50years old. They're not my friends in meaning, that I can talk with them about my personal or private life. I'm talking with them about philosophy, spirituality, art, science, psychology, life meaning etc. It seems, that I'm really "old" with my thoughts..

Sometimes (or even often) I wish, I could be more carelessly and want to go to party, to have few drinks or mindless talks with people. But somehow.. it doesn't work for me, or I'm not always having enough >strength< to do it. But..I'm trying. At least.

I change a lot. If I am with a bunch of goofy people, I usually take the older sister approach and watch that they don't get in trouble. If I know someone else will do that job, I become 8 eight years old. lol. I have too many characters.

Yes, but not if it includes following norms. I never was particularly good at communicating with others on a deep level, or understanding how or why people project right from wrong onto others so aggressively. I always tried to follow the rules, but somehow, that was never good enough. I've always enjoyed video games, and exploring, whether exploring includes future possibilities or simply what currently remains a mystery. As long if it catches my attention, my obsession, I will forget how much of a hardcore realist I am.

Reactions: Nixie
Depends on what one decides is a peer,
but among my age group - over
the Internet at least - I am usually
considered to be middle-aged with kids
although I am 17 and crazy around friends.

Maturity =/= extreme caution

I've pretty much always felt older than those my age, and have often been told than I'm much more mature than most (although in the past few years I've been told I look younger than I am).

I seem to fit in better with the 30-40 year old or even the 50+ Sunday school classes at my church than I did with the (no longer existent) one for those my age.

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that my dad was almost 50 when I was born. Speaking of him, I found out today that he has decided to retire. He is now 72 years old, his company has been losing money as of late, and his partner has been wanting to retire for the past 5 years. They just sold the company, and will be shutting down at the end of the month. Well, technically they only sold the client list and such, as on paper he is keeping the company and one employee so as not to lose the group insurance policy. He will also be consulting part time as needed for the firm that bought them out, will spend more time playing the stock market and working on his book.

Yes. I'm still in my earlier teens and I constantly find myself "tolerating" the company of my peers rather than enjoying it.

I've consistently found myself feeling detached from my age group since around 5 years old.

Their dull humor, na

i hang out with people in their 40's and 50's

i can't really stand younger people most of the time

It's not so much that I feel chronologically out-of-step with people my age, I just feel out-of-step with people in general. It's always been that way -- ever since I was a child -- and I eventually realized the differences couldn't be ascribed to age related behaviors. There's just a fundamental miss-match overall. And long gone are the days of being morose about that fact. Ten years of meeting some of the most interesting people has made up for any loneliness I might have once felt about not being pals with what ought to have been my standard peer group.

Looking back at 20 years of friendship, I see a list populated by all manner of freaks, artists and individuals of questionable mental / emotional health. Cough syrup junkies, autistics, schizophrenics, schizoids, ex-cons, communists, anarchists, a-sexuals, INTx's, the severely abused, aspiring horror novelists with extreme social anxiety, drag queens, sociopaths, drug addicts, musicians, etc. They were all out-of-step with the time in which they lived and the people around them. But they've all been beyond brilliant and incredibly interesting human beings. Some old, some young. Some men, some women - some of them in between.

I wouldn't trade those friendships and experiences for anything.

Looking back at 20 years of friendship, I see a list populated by all manner of freaks, artists and individuals of questionable mental / emotional health. Cough syrup junkies, autistics, schizophrenics, schizoids, ex-cons, communists, anarchists, a-sexuals, INTx's, the severely abused, aspiring horror novelists with extreme social anxiety, drag queens, sociopaths, drug addicts, musicians, etc.

I love how you include the INTx's with the freaks. Priceless. LOL

Reactions: Korg
Could we say that young INFJs feel older than peers and "older" (30+) INFJs feel younger than peers???