Do you like being PMed? | INFJ Forum

Do you like being PMed?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
PMs are interesting because of course you can discuss things you wouldn't or couldn't on the public forums. Now, a few people have mentioned wanting to be PMed and interact more with others on the forum through this system.

So, do you like being PMed? If yes why, if not, why not?

I do, because it gives me a chance to 1 on 1 convo with people where I feel more apt to be myself, on an open forum where I clash heads with some people I feel more on guard typically.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
love being pm'd, i can talk more easily one on one than in a group dynamic, even if it is all online. i also really like that people care enough to write a pm, since it requires more effort :p

It seems I've initiate most(all?) PMs I don't really mind. Same goes for the walls.

Yes, even though I'm sometimes too shy to reply to them.

I like them because you can perhaps discuss a topic of mutual interest that may arise on a thread that would otherwise derail a thread topic.
I like them because visitors can't see them.
I wish the rep system was tied into PM's some how... As in an instant message type of format.

PMs are interesting because of course you can discuss things you wouldn't or couldn't on the public forums. Now, a few people have mentioned wanting to be PMed and interact more with others on the forum through this system.

So, do you like being PMed? If yes why, if not, why not?

I do. It allows me to get to know members on a more personal level. Though, It doesn't happen often. *shrugs*

Yes, it means that someone has something to say to me in particular.

I'd do it more myself, but I rarely have reason to do so. Hmmm, perhaps I should bombard a few awesome people with questions...

Yes, I enjoy getting PM's. I certainly have initiated quite a few. Communicating that way seems more comfortable to me. Which I suppose isn't surprising. I've always felt more comfortable in one on one situations.

I think i wouldn't mind PMs if i already knew the person and didn't have to monitor what i say.

I like them because you can perhaps discuss a topic of mutual interest that may arise on a thread that would otherwise derail a thread topic.
I like them because visitors can't see them.
I wish the rep system was tied into PM's some how... As in an instant message type of format.
Yep pretty much what I was going to say. I also like them because they just have that extra personal feel to them

Just know, I love PMs. :D I'm usually pretty chatty and/or silly behind the scenes, and I'll normally let down my "guard." It's hard to be normal in public, or chatty in public, because you do get used to showing off the "right" or "correct" representation of yourself.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the virtues of Midol.

I dont get many PMs

I should do it more often I guess.

I'd probably enjoy it more than most thread discussions.

I always love interactions with people here on the forums. However, I don;t really have anything to hide, so I like PMs if people want to discuss something private to them, but I also invite people to talk directly to me in my blog.

depends honestly, on content and who sent it