Do you find most people to be emotionally superficial? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Do you find most people to be emotionally superficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, let's go in conflict then: You are trash-talking like a teenager while acting like an adult. Let me get myself a lobotomy and cry in a jar for you @barbad0s.
At least I’m trying to act like an adult :m190: and closer to being an actual teenager. Can’t say the same for you 40yo NEETs.

And @ReasonEnduring imagine being a disenfranchised person. Or someone struggling and learning that someone wants to help you, but only because you're stupid and screwing up the planet. Nobody wants to be anyone's project. I think your ambition to make the world a better place is noble, but it matters how you view and relate to those you serve.

*sigh*

I know. But these days I just see more and more... negativity. Perhaps I was being too sweeping in my generalisation but I see a lot of people being deliberately antagonistic against other individuals. Also living for today, complaining "I can't go outside to the beach because of Coronavirus! Fuck the old people and sick people! My needs are greater! I need 10,000 rolls of loo roll and 20,000 diapers because screw my fellow man, I have needs! Why am I getting a fine for not wearing a mask outside?! This is Authoritarianism! Dictators! The [Ideological Opposite] are monsters who kill babies!"

I may have been sweeping but I was attacking the idea of a statistical average, rather than an individual.

Ironically, the attacking Lady in question continues to prove my point that people perfect to attack individuals rather than engage with them and show why they are wrong.

This may be arrogance but I AM smarter than the average person. Its not because I was born a superior being, I was just lucky with the events in my life.

I had a good home, reasonably good parents, a good education, a loving extended family.

I am better informed, I am better educated, I am more empathetic. It doesn't mean the average person cannot match or surpass me. Infact I wish one day they would.

But it takes investment in people. And these days rather than invest in making people better, most people just want to shout others down.

I would never say to someone I'm helping 'I'm smarter than you, you're dumb.'

I'm not an asshole, despite what many people think.

But knowing what other people DON'T know or understand, KNOWING what they need to improve their lives and the lives of others around them will help me help them.

I want other people to have the LUCK that I had to be smarter, better people.

But that doesn't happen on its own, and by acknowledging that a Laissez Faire approach to other people doesn't make the world a better place we can see, okay, what do people NEED to know, how do we NEED people to act to make the world better.

I am lucky enough to have the tools to help other people, and I will. Provided the constant attacks from others don't kill my faith in humanity so much I say "Fuck it, I'll just look after my own." Which would be very easy to do, because who wants to do the right thing when people constantly attack you.

Actually very goddamn jealous, nice dude!

Thank you. I got it several years ago and its a bit niche but one day I'll find a use for it.

AI has helped me gain a better understanding of how brains are form and shaped my view of how humans act.

Give bad inputs you get a bad output. Beat a child regularly and abuse them and they're probably become a criminal.

Give good inputs you get a better output.

Just need to change the weights where the input isn't clean, such as real life.

@ReasonEnduring I don’t think you are completely wrong, just ridiculously naive with how you present yourself. If you don’t want to be attacked, don’t attack the common person for being mostly concerned about eating and fucking and because you’re angry about your temporary situation, while clearly showing you’re well aware of how lucky you are otherwise.

I made a sweeping generalisation. That is bad. I know that, I am not a perfect being. I try to avoid those but everyone makes mistakes.

However, attacking a PERSON on an individual level is a bad thing to do.

I never attack people on a personal level unless they fire the first shot.

And assuming I am an E when I hate being in crowds show how eager people are to paint a picture of a person they disagree with rather than engage with the person who is really there.

Always happy to debate and be called out when wrong, but resulting to insults is the lowest form of debate.

Reactions: Misty and barbad0s
I made a sweeping generalisation. That is bad. I know that, I am not a perfect being. I try to avoid those but everyone makes mistakes.

However, attacking a PERSON on an individual level is a bad thing to do.

I never attack people on a personal level unless they fire the first shot.

And assuming I am an E when I hate being in crowds show how eager people are to paint a picture of a person they disagree with rather than engage with the person who is really there.

Always happy to debate and be called out when wrong, but resulting to insults is the lowest form of debate.
You made a sweeping generalization that would technically attack the majority of humans on a personal level. You said “the majority”, in your post. I don’t even type as INFJ, so I could assume you were likely including me personally.

And you can’t handle being attacked personally back lol.

Also, in your above post, your use of “however” is wrong. You did something bad. I did something bad... and from my perspective, it was you who fired the first shot.

The ENTP comment about you was a random one. Your reasoning, far-fetched global plans, ethical awkwardness, and commenting on how your wife is the least selfish person you know and interest in selfishness of others, reminds me of my bf’s and some others who I know are ENTP. @ReasonEnduring . Although, I am a subscriber to socionics so it’s different from MBTI anyway. But I’m part of the selfish knuckle-dragging majority so clearly I’m just trying to paint a certain picture of you lol, that must be my main motivation.

You made a sweeping generalization that would technically attack the majority of humans on a personal level. You said “the majority”, in your post. I don’t even type as INFJ, so I could assume you were likely including me personally.

And you can’t handle being attacked personally back lol.

Also, in your above post, your use of “however” is wrong. You did something bad. I did something bad... and from my perspective, it was you who fired the first shot.

The ENTP comment about you was a random one. Your reasoning, far-fetched global plans, ethical awkwardness, and commenting on how your wife is the least selfish person you know and interest in selfishness of others, reminds me of my bf’s and some others who I know are ENTP. @ReasonEnduring . Although, I am a subscriber to socionics so it’s different from MBTI anyway. But I’m part of the selfish knuckle-dragging majority so clearly I’m just trying to paint a certain picture of you lol, that must be my main motivation.

I never said you were the majority or average. I would never presume to judge any individual without knowing them better.

I never called you selfish. I never made comments about you as a person. If you consider yourself average then I apologise to you directly if you feel you were insulted.

I have made my apologies for generalisation, it was a strawman I have acknowledged, much like the one you made of me, and I will leave it at that.

If you wish to keep fighting a battle that has ended, you can do that.

But please do not assume you know me based upon a single interaction or based upon other people you know. Ironically it makes you as guilty as me of generalisation of people.

Reactions: Mar
I never said you were the majority or average. I would never presume to judge any individual without knowing them better.

I never called you selfish. I never made comments about you as a person. If you consider yourself average then I apologise to you directly if you feel you were insulted.

I have made my apologies for generalisation, it was a strawman I have acknowledged, much like the one you made of me, and I will leave it at that.

If you wish to keep fighting a battle that has ended, you can do that.

But please do not assume you know me based upon a single interaction or based upon other people you know. Ironically it makes you as guilty as me of generalisation of people.
...Why would I assume that I’m not included in the general majority of humans? Especially when you even specified that not even all INFJs are truly deep. You never said I wasn’t the majority or average, so it makes more sense to assume that you included me.

I’m simply replying to you because you referred to me as “attacking” you in a post above and framed me as trying to paint you in a certain way. Don’t do that if you think it has ended.

Barbad0s, would you be so kind to drop this conversation? I've gotten several reports from various INFJs who are feeling anxious about the ongoing conflict here.
Thank you.
No. Only if you would do something to make me stop.

“I have made my apologies for generalisation, it was a strawman I have acknowledged, much like the one you made of me, and I will leave it at that.”

@ReasonEnduring Btw, that’s not what a strawman is. I think you mean ad hominem.

Are you serious?
Yes. I don’t think it’s healthy to not be able to handle reading a minor text conflict that one isn’t even involved in, which has also mostly subsided. Nor to foster an environment where that kind of extreme fragility is normal.

Yes. I don’t think it’s healthy to not be able to handle reading a minor text conflict that one isn’t even involved in, which has also mostly subsided. Nor to foster an environment where that kind of extreme fragility is normal.
INFJ's are interested in harmony. We don't get kicks out of starting fights all over every day to make things 'less fragile'. Just because people prefer peace doesn't make them weak. It makes them strong enough to have self control against an opposing position spewed from a consistently hostile source.

Seriously? It's Easter.. Is this what you do with your days?? Go round the forum being a jerk to everyone in order to more swiftly ascertain their truth? Lol..
Do I seem Christian to you? I don’t think I’m being a jerk to anybody, actually. And if I’m wasting my time so much, then aren’t you wasting it even more by replying to somebody like me? :)

I see. Fortunately, this website has rules that we all agreed to follow when we signed up. (You can find them at the bottom of every page.)

So please, everyone involved, let's return to peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.