Do you ever make people feel uncomfortable unintentionally? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you ever make people feel uncomfortable unintentionally?

I can relate to the OP. My introversion can make some people uncomfortable. I found that some people are offended if you don't feel comfortable around them. That creates a negative loop for me because feeling forced to be comfortable makes me even more introverted.

One-on-one I think I can disarm and calm almost anyone, but in groups I feel too much pressure from the expectations. I am completely fine with people feeling uncomfortable with me because I don't like to put any pressure on people.

Last week a very good friend told me she felt uncomfortable around me because she couldn't tell what I was thinking. I knew she was uncomfortable, and I simply asked her how she was feeling, and if she was ok. I'm like this irl, much less open than I am here. I think I'm fairly blank externally irl, but I don't like to think others feel awkward around me!

Reactions: Questingpoet
[...] A lot of people have told me things they aren't comfortable telling others because they appreciate my ability to listen and understand them, but also how seriously I take them. On the other hand, some people think I take everything too seriously.
Oh yeah, that. I sit there and listen and some people suddenly tell me their darkest secrets, I don't like that. I am flustered and don't know how to change the topic. I like listening though and feel inspired when someone tells me more positive stuff.

Oh ya. Still do I attribute this too the truth hurts syndrome. Really we should be able to talk about anything. What makes any of us really different from one another? Culture for sure but we all must eat and drink and breathe and do the things all humans do. In the end none of us are all really that special. SO whats there to be afraid of? I find people are just too easily offended these days...

Yeah, talking about everything is cool for me, I really like to listen but I seldom can provide a solution, so I feel pressured to give the "right" answer when someone comes to me, talking about their problems. Sometimes there are people who open up a can of worms and want others to care about their "mess", when their thoughts just turn in circles and they never really listen for advice. Looking at problems in a constructive, positive way is what I would like to do, but it doesnt work all the time.

I am good with guys, strangely enough. If a person I am talking to is male and NOT in a position of authority over me we get along great. Must be the techno-tomboy ness of me. Tomboy of the Internet/gaming era.

I am also a stranger-magnet. If I am walking through somewhere with people I tend to get people asking me directions or other such questions, pretty easily. Also I do also get the "random secret" convos with these people too no less.

It makes me think that I am much more relaxed around people I don't have to worry about seeing again, or who won't really need me to do or be something for them. If I know I'll be dealing with someone for a long time without escape (work) I tend to shell up and not talk much, unless we get on. I am outright ENFJ around strangers.

ENTP here. Nope, in the vast majority of cases if I'm making people uncomfortable I know it and I know why, so I could stop if I want. Like DoveAlexa, I get on great with strangers. That is, unless they make themselves uncomfortable when a random chick pops up and starts chatting. That's typically only people that are uncomfortable in their own skin

Last week a very good friend told me she felt uncomfortable around me because she couldn't tell what I was thinking. I knew she was uncomfortable, and I simply asked her how she was feeling, and if she was ok. I'm like this irl, much less open than I am here. I think I'm fairly blank externally irl, but I don't like to think others feel awkward around me!

This has happened to me as well but it is sometimes intrigueing to them instead of uncomfortable.