[INFJ] - Do you ever feel that nothing is really meaningful? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Do you ever feel that nothing is really meaningful?

Nice! You need to be quite creative when engineering, I believe.
uhmh, well, both have.... mechanics? :smirk::laughing:

It depends on the engineering field. But I ended up on one of the criativity fields.

Haha well... I am a machanical engineer... so... hahaha

I apply storytelling to our inside comunications and presentations and this week I presented some results to my bosses using storytelling...

And you, what do u do?

As a christian, I practice real thankfulness everytime I can.

As a non-Christian I practice fake thankfulness at every opportunity.

Jooookes! (They provide my life with 85% of its meaning)

Reactions: HFrossard
It depends on the engineering field. But I ended up on one of the criativity fields.

Haha well... I am a machanical engineer... so... hahaha
*grins*

I apply storytelling to our inside comunications and presentations and this week I presented some results to my bosses using storytelling...
I know, right? You can basically use it everywhere. But well.. storytelling.. one of man's oldest tools. Let's enlight a fire and use it-!

And you, what do u do?
I'm at a fork on the journey so to say.. last job took too much (that was mainly (but not all) UX design and concepting based. Also I am not allowed to talk about it. So I'm sorry this answer stinks.)
The real answer to a "general what" question though might be a bit long and fuzzy for now ^^" haha

Neuropsychologist? That is fancy!
When you get to be a successul writer, invite us to the autograph night!

Hahaha oh definitely!! :D

Sometimes I just think about everything (jobs, hobbies, life, fun, philosophy, space and etc) and I find everything just senseless, like if nothing had meaning and our existence were empty.

Is it just me?

Sometimes I think that being too rational is a curse.

I think it's fair to say that ultimately everything is meaningless. That any meaning we annotate is subjective, and that there is no ulterior meaning to anything. But without getting too philosophical I would say that the dreading feeling that everything you do lack meaning is a different beast entirely.

It's 1 AM here and I haven't really followed the discussion, but I would care to add that many of the reasons why you would feel that way are addressable issues I think. Not that they are all easy to deal with, but I think at least that's something.

I looked to your avatar to see it smile on my mind. Hahaha

I know, right? You can basically use it everywhere. But well.. storytelling.. one of man's oldest tools. Let's enlight a fire and use it-!

Indeed one of man`s oldest tools... but today, few people know how to properly use it, which gives space to people like us. Haha

I'm at a fork on the journey so to say.. last job took too much (that was mainly (but not all) UX design and concepting based. Also I am not allowed to talk about it. So I'm sorry this answer stinks.)
The real answer to a "general what" question though might be a bit long and fuzzy for now ^^" haha

I totally get it! I am fighting to change my career. This is what led me to know I am INFJ-T (Yes, turbulent, haha) and than to know you guys!

We should talk privatelly someday, I would like to hear your story.

Reactions: Impact Character
I think it's fair to say that ultimately everything is meaningless. That any meaning we annotate is subjective, and that there is no ulterior meaning to anything. But without getting too philosophical I would say that the dreading feeling that everything you do lack meaning is a different beast entirely.

It's 1 AM here and I haven't really followed the discussion, but I would care to add that many of the reasons why you would feel that way are addressable issues I think. Not that they are all easy to deal with, but I think at least that's something.

Well... this is the philosofical part of the forum... hahaha

I would like to be on the front row!

Would it be about psychology or something else?

Done! Haha.

And possibly! I have a lot of ideas in mind. May it be in relevance to fiction, non-fiction, thriller, drama, etc, etc. :)

I am with you in all of these and I am mostly thankfull.
As a christian, I practice real thankfulness everytime I can.

On the other hand, what I tried to mean is that, sometimes, all seems like... what is it for?

Not that I get upsad or things like that. I simply don't see a point.
I get that.. a lot. I believe in a creator as well but I lack practical manners and how to apply all of the knowledge to my everyday life. I dont know why humans have the ability to think those thoughts, I don't know where am I going and what is my value and all the reasons even to be happy..

I get that.. a lot. I believe in a creator as well but I lack practical manners and how to apply all of the knowledge to my everyday life. I dont know why humans have the ability to think those thoughts, I don't know where am I going and what is my value and all the reasons even to be happy..

Manifest your internal ideas into reality.
Creation. Work. Contribution.

Are we defining meaning as having an impact on the world, or on the self? If it's the world, does it matter what kind of impact?

Reactions: Ren and Sandie33
Sometimes I feel like its easier for "stupid" people to be happy. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Reactions: BritNi, Pin and Ren
I would say it's quite possible that nothing is meaningful intrinsically, but that meaning emerges from one's relation to things.