Do you consider yourself a good person? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you consider yourself a good person?

yes and no

yes

I think morals are inherent, and that people are naturaly good

Reactions: rawr
I disagree. I believe being good is a continuous conscious action. You have to strive to be good, and people don't need to have a high authority to continue to do the right thing. The drive from within is sufficient enough for a number of people, myself included.

Sure, my comment was controversial, I get your reply. I also have that drive from within, and it's very important, and it must get you most of the way. I just think, don't make the mistake of thinking that it gets you all the way there, because at the end of the day, it is only your definition of good.

Do you see yourself as a good person? Does it matter to you?

Yes, I see this objectively however...I don't steal, cheat, or kill...I give when i can, and I always help others...It matters to an extent...but its not an ego boost or anything like that...

Do you think good and bad can even be defined objectively enough to categorize behavior as one or the other?
I think society can deem standards so one can be objective, as I said above. That being said, however, I do not think good and bad is as black and white as all that...I have done some bad things in my life, but as a whole I do not see myself as inherently bad.

And from where have you obtained your sense of morality?
I couldnt answer that if I wanted too...it certainly wasnt from my upbringing...
Do you think people are inherently good/inherently bad, or is it shaped by how their families and greater society raises them?

As i said in the previous answer it definitely wasn't my upbringing, so I am going to have to go with it being something you are born with...With my child hood If upbringing was the cause of bad people, then I should be a serial killer/rapist/bigot....I am not...*shrug*

People are convinced I'm good and I suppose it's true on some level, but I have feet of clay and know it all too well. Given this reality, it's hard to be too self-congratulatory.

A sense of "goodness" for me stemmed from many sources...spirituality, yes, but simply observing what works and doesn't work (in the long term) has been a good teacher, too. Especially because I have occasionally had to (as have most of us I suspect) do something that someone might consider "not good" (or certainly not their preference) to accomplish a more holistic good. Ya can't please everybody and that's just the way it is.

I don't think of myself as a good person, but apparently on secret cameras I'm relatively good compared to other test subjects :p

I'm a soft hearted mercenary.
Kinda like a mix between Madmartigan from Willow and Lorenzo Llamas' character on Renegade.

Last edited:
I don't seek to control or manipulate. I have a desire to find what is *truly* best for me, which also means catering to my environment (social, natural, spiritual, etc.)

I like efficiency, but I value balance.

Call that what you will.