Do you believe in second chances? | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in second chances?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by TinyBubbles, May 22, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by TinyBubbles
  1. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    or third or fourth? sometimes just when i think i've lost, that i've failed, i can't redo whatever i should have done in the past, the universe throws me a beautiful new opportunity and i can try again.. maybe there are infinite chances to do what we're set on earth to do? this goes into the whole fate and destiny idea again, but maybe it's less spiritual than some sort of karmic law, or even a physical law, and that whatever we're supposed to do will get done eventually, no matter how many lives or chances it takes..

i don't know, i'm just rambling, but what do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Daeledin

Daeledin <font color=#575EC1>NVs Fanboi</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Yes. Simply because when you screw up bad enough the scar stays with you. Even after so much time has past when you get close to repeating the same mistake it'll resurface.

As far as it being built into the universe to happen. I don't buy it. You either have to make it, or someone has to give it to you (directly or indirectly).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Flavus Aquila

Flavus Aquila Finding My Place in the Sun
    Banned

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ - A
    Enneagram:
    I don't think anything is over until it's over.

I never give up on people - ..... exept maybe myself..... no, there's hope for me yet.

4. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    It depends how badly they've let me down and how close they are to me.

5. enfp can be shy

enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    I do not believe that the universe is inherently fair and would provide second (or equal) opportunity for everyone; however I believe people should consciously work to make it so that there are as many second (and third) chances for everyone. The reason is, people develop very differently; the biography of many great minds would demonstrate them to have been stuck or lost or failed, and this just wasn't the end, in their case. I wouldn't explain it with their own resilient mentality, that's too simple, and even such mentality is part of the process; but rather I'd say they got the chances, and that was very good for others too, eventually.

#5 enfp can be shy, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  6. Durandal

Durandal Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Who?
    I'd have to agree with the above post. Sometimes life just does not offer second chances for everyone; but if given the opportunity one should consciously take it. In regards to giving someone else a second chance in a relationship, I always believe in giving others that opportunity. A person can definitely learn from his/her mistakes and people do.

You make your own destiny when you are in control. When you lose control, count on your luck.

TinyBubbles likes this.
  7. laurie

laurie Snowblind in Dreamland

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    If it's possible to have/give a second chance, then I would take the opportunity to do so. I think messing up once shouldn't be irreversible. Second chances help you learn.

8. Shai Gar

Shai Gar Guest

depends on a lot of things, if they really want it, and show me that...

If they really repent and show me that... They can have many chances.

So long as it wasnt unforgivable.

9. OP
    TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    What would qualify as unforgivable?

10. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Airborne all the way!

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    no idea
    Life isnt fair or unfair. Life is. - someting that I've learnt. a few lecturers have told me that haha

makes a lot of sense to me. Ultimately, if a person failed, the person failed in our minds. if the same situation where the person failed surfaces again, I'll give the person a second chance . if not, meh.

11. Skathac

Skathac <font color=#27A601>Community Member</font>

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    whatever we're supposed to do will get done eventually, no matter how many lives or chances it takes..

Part of what I believe, sometimes it takes many lives of learning what not to do.

12. Puck

Puck Perilous Pixie
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Hey Ho
    Enneagram:
    flibble
    While we can still draw breath, there is always another chance.

tovlo likes this.
  13. yumiii

yumiii Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ENFJ
    Enneagram:
    2w1
    Well. I'd like to think I do. I always say that I give second chances if the person deserves it. Maybe I do.

However, I sometimes find it really hard to. But then, I suppose it all depends on how much this person means to me. I'd probably just give in, if only because I still want her/him in my life still.

14. Tactical Panda

Tactical Panda Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    ????
    If it hasn't worked, alter the approach and try anew, concentrate and refine it, or try something different. There are no second chances, but there are unlimited first chances. You are only bound by your imagination and willpower. At least, thats how I act.

Success or actual acceptance is a different matter though. Heh.
    :m187:

15. salemkat999

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I think that experiences can repeat, but often with small variances. Case in point: a broken down car.
    I think that with each occurance you can learn how to do things/fix things better. Nothing is really a failure because you actually attempted an effort.

As for people, I generally give them a second chance so long as they haven't deliberately lied to me or gone over a known boundary.

16. BlinkandThink

BlinkandThink Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    I think that as long as you're alive, there is another chance. There won't necessarily be another chance for the specific thing you chasing, but if you pull back and see that there are numerous ways to reach the broader goal you're truly after, these chances become apparent.

They're there and there and there and there. Watch them light up as you read that sentence. :m032:

TinyBubbles likes this.
  17. Norwich

Norwich insistent
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    2 so/sp/sx
    I think we are given endless chances to grow. The tricky part is recognizing the opportunity before it's passed you by.

TinyBubbles likes this.
  18. rbecca23

rbecca23 Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Second chances are deserved for those who recognize that they are available. If you miss it, maybe you're not ready for it. I do believe those opportunities are given to everyone, just not the insincere, or the closed-minded. Just be open to the flow of your stream, and avoid complacency.

19. eii

eii Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    the universe will always throw at us whatever we need at this moment for our own learning and growth, it's like our shadow follows wherever we go, it's been waiting for us to enter it for eternity. To recreate our reality and truly live our unlived life, we must courageously go into our darkness and shed light on it to bring out what is yet unconsciousness in us so that we can stop our past/fate from repeating itself.

20. TurtleTrooper

TurtleTrooper Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    weird.
    I tend to be able to see another person's side enough to give them a second chance.

However lately it's been solely because I'm here and the other person is here and it would take effort to stay mad so voila, second chance.