Do you believe in ESP abilities? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in ESP abilities?

sorry no, virginia and id love to meet someone else like this lmao
Sometimes you hear some disturbing stuff. Mostly the disturbing stuff is disturbing because it's personal and it feels weird hearing it. I immediately back off when that happens, though. What was it like when he read your mind/ Did you feel him doing it?

Reactions: John K and Sandie33
Do you believe in ESP abilities? if so what was your experience or abilities?

Ah... an INTJ on an INFJ forum. Is this because you're both, or because you think INFJs are freaky?

"ESP" is a very broad brush to paint with to ask if it's real.
There's something there, but whatever is there cannot at this point in time be labeled. Calling it "ESP" is about as accurate as calling it "the Force"

Don't worry about it. Don't live by it. Just enjoy the "Oh, wow" moments when they happen.

I believe and disbelieve. But I have experienced things that I can't really explain. I don't understand it. And I know that I'm sane (you'll just have to take my word for it!) I've shared some of it in a thread I made on empathy or empathic ability. There are very jolting times when I experience intense feelings from others and it leaves me confused and questioning myself when it does happen.. It's not conscious. It just hits me. At first I think I must have imagined it all because I can't pinpoint a thing the other person said or did to elicit such a feeling in me. It's visceral. It feels very primitive. I used to think I had a form of social anxiety or something until some of these experiences were later unknowingly confirmed by the other person. Or they told me what they were feeling and going through at the time we interacted (when I had absorbed their stuff.) Now, I have to really try to remind myself that these feelings aren't coming from within me when I get hit out of nowhere.

I think at times it could just be that my subconscious is very very good at picking up nonverbal cues, but it's also happened across distances as well. Such as online. So how do you explain that?

Last edited:
I don't believe humans are capable of such things because of our anatomical limitations.
there is a growing body of evidence to the contrary. look at Annie Jacobsen's Phenomena

That's interesting stuff but it's too inconclusive for my taste.
I hear you, and there is plenty of charlatanism out there... but in may well be that the "spooky force at a distance" that encompasses the parapsychologial may be the key to a more complete material understanding of the universe...or not.

there is a growing body of evidence to the contrary. look at Annie Jacobsen's Phenomena

Excellent book BTW!
I highly recommend it...great history of the Psi programs in the military - very much nonfiction!

That's interesting stuff but it's too inconclusive for my taste.

There is more conclusive evidence than people are aware of (not saying you are not, you very well may be), in fact it’s not so much the lack of evidence that causes it to be disbelieved, but rather the “how” that cannot be explained and without a working model, it’s very easy to dismiss it as not there...especially when it cannot be measured by instruments we have available to us.
I don’t blame your deep skepticism.

I hear you, and there is plenty of charlatanism out there... but in may well be that the "spooky force at a distance" that encompasses the parapsychologial may be the key to a more complete material understanding of the universe...or not.

What’s fascinating is that only 5% of the universe is stuff known to us as humans.
We estimate that approx. 27% is so-called “dark matter” and the rest is “dark energy”...95% of our reality is both unseen and unable to be measured by us...yet supposedly dark matter/energy is passing through us constantly.
Perhaps the 95% is pure consciousness itself animating us and this 5% has been thusly created to entertain the ideas of matter and life and who knows what?
We are even more limited by the senses we have...so we probably only see or know a very small percentage of what is really there.
Maybe even a fraction of a percentage.
Either way...there is a lot of room for unexplained phenomena to reside.
;)

Last edited:
I think at times it could just be that my subconscious is very very good at picking up nonverbal cues, but it's also happened across distances as well. Such as online. So how do you explain that?

My feeling is that there is a lot of subtle (and not so subtle) 'body language' online even when there is only a forum comment type interaction - it appears in the way people express themselves. Hidden emotion comes across quite well, though it can be ambiguous when someone is a little unsure of themselves, and it may take a few posts to be clear. It isn't as clear cut as face to face, and I expect some are good at concealing it when it gives a crossed message that they don't intend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow and Ginny
I some times seem to predict outcomes that I don't think I should be able to. Could be coincidence but it's weird how these things just jump into my head and it feels very real at the time.
Yup. That's the feeling.

I've always know that feeling. As a child I was shocked to discover that we think with our heads and not our whole. I can see that the trait has carried through to my daughter, but not as much to my sons. She's amazed by my skill in reading people and just making guesses on things more mathematical in nature. I'm amazed by her skill in knowing what NOT to say and saying it, LOL.

A few stories I feel I can share here, as you all don't seem to be the type to say I'm nuts:

When I was young there was a woman who came into our classrooms. In the setting of about 24-30 kids she asked us all to figure out what number she was thinking of, but only to raise our hand if we felt our guess to be true. It was funny how kids were just punching numbers out there when it was obvious which she was thinking. Why didn't they know? We can all do this! Then, I thought maybe I had cheated: she had told us the range the number was in (1 to 100) and I figured it out logically by looking at her I simply eliminated the high and low ones I knew she wasn't focused on of leaving only one it could be. I was 10 for 10. She asked to talk with my parents but they refused to see her. (Anything odd like that was to be looked down on and squashed in their lives. That theme played out for 20 more years.)

Fast forward a few years and I started getting images. Don't know of whom, just every night as I was falling asleep it was of different faces, clothing and locations of people I've never met, places I've never seen. I still think that's curious and don't know what it's about. Can still do it if I choose to.

FF a few more years and I saw a certain person I knew only in that he was a celebrity due to his talent. In many ways he was my mentor and I would have loved to work with him. I don't think I was sleeping, but rather I thought I heard it in the news that he had died of pneumonia. In my mind I could see him in an SUV, struggling, trying to get into the ER, the nurses, the O2 line, hear the chaos. I swore it was all real. Felt I lost a best friend and mourned him for a year. One year later in the news I heard that he had died (again). He had passed away that morning in exactly the way I had seen, right down to the details with him being ill working, flying home and then not being able to recover. :sorrowful:

I won't go as far as to say I'm psychic. To me, that label is for the fakes who are profiting off of poor souls. What we have is not mind reading either ... it's something else. I won't rule out spirits communicating with us either as I have at least two stories there. It's not "ESP" and please, never, ever call it by that Star Wars name. (I love Star Wars, don't ruin it for me, LOL)

Edit: Fixed for Grammar & legibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
My feeling is that there is a lot of subtle (and not so subtle) 'body language' online even when there is only a forum comment type interaction - it appears in the way people express themselves. Hidden emotion comes across quite well, though it can be ambiguous when someone is a little unsure of theselves, and it may take a few posts to be clear. It isn't as clear cut as face to face, and I expect some are good at concealing it when it gives a crossed message that they don't intend.
As soon as I read the message, it was like a door in my mind opening and there was an immediate backdraft of anguishing energy. That's the best I can explain it.

I usually am able to discern hidden meaning and intent in person or online but there was no time for that. And I went back and re-read the comment over and over again to try to find something in it that could explain my reaction and there was nothing there. I never told the person about it even after they informed me how they were feeling when we were having that conversation because I know just how crazy it sounds. And again, the topic of conversation when it happened was something really neutral, a shared interest.

I've had other experiences of seeing entities and having premonitions in dreams or just knowing something... But this blurring line between myself and others that occurs at times is what scares me most. I do think being skeptical is necessary but I also think there are things about the universe and humans how we can connect that are not yet explained.

Last edited:
As soon as I read the message, it was like a door in my mind opening and there was an immediate backdraft of anguishing energy. That's the best I can explain it.

I usually am able to discern hidden meaning and intent in person or online but there was no time for that. And I went back and re-read the comment over and over again to try to find something in it that could explain my reaction and there was nothing there. I never told the person about it even after they informed me how they were feeling when we were having that conversation because I know just how crazy it sounds. And again, the topic of conversation when it happened was something really neutral, a shared interest.

I've had other experiences of seeing entities and having premonitions in dreams or just knowing something... But this blurring line between myself and others that occurs at times is what scares me most. I do think being skeptical is necessary but I also think there are things about the universe and humans how we can connect that are not yet explained.

Oh yes - that’s quite different to what I was thinking of and much more intriguing.

More death related stuff.. my friend told me that she had a bad month... and i was like did your dad pass away? just premonition i had. it turns out her friend died of a brain anyurism, her dogs were burned to death at a kennel in an electrical fire and her friends mom died and so did her aunt! thats quite a month of death (although many people might find it rude to discuss). by the way her dad is still alive.

Reactions: John K
Does seeing and fighting shadow people count?

If they are truly there and you are sensing and interacting with them, then yes.
That would qualify as a form of extra-sensory-perception.

Does seeing and fighting shadow people count?
Fighting them, yes. Seeing them, no. They are usually afraid of anybody who have a powerful grasp of their ESP abilities and will stay far away even when provoked.