Do you believe in destiny? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in destiny?

I do believe in destiny. But destiny is not to be confused with delusions of grandeur or ego achievement. It is a state of potentialities based on your current state of soul evolution and development and your personal capacity to consciously develop using your free will in a given lifetime. The restirctions upon one's destiny is one's fate and karmic restrictions. The only thing we cannot control is our fate as it occurs to us for specific reasons to trigger karmic lessons. We use our free will to consciously influence and dictate how the experience of our karmic experiences unfold but for the most part our life lessons stay unconscous within until the lessons are triggered in our life via fateful events or occurances.

The more a person develop self awareness of the soul and consciously decides to live out their potentiality despite unfavorable circumstances in their life time; the better chance of fulfilling one's destiny. Awareness helps give rise to one's destiny. Patterns of psychological behavior, fateful events, repeated and similar life events that refuse to go away all point towards the karmic lessons that needs to be assimilated in order for it to be released. Free will also gives the option to not participate in the development of one's destiny; which can create shallow and vapid state of existence where a person is disconnected from their source of joy and fulfillment that leads to depression, anxiety and variety of limbo states within the mind and the body; further exacerbated by lifestyle and societal illusions that keeps an individual out of their soul essence.

Um. If it's basically self made then how is it destiny? Destiny implies that you don't have any control and it's all planned out whether you like it or not. Destiny implies that there's nothing you could do to avert it, in fact.

Anyway.

[video=youtube;Jvswho6nUaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvswho6nUaw[/video]

Edit:
Moreover, destiny and free will are incompatible because it should be impossible to make a choice which forestalls or alters destiny. If you can effect or even delay it, it isn't destiny.

Last edited:
I believe that the spider who tries to escape the drain should just embrace his destiny. Also, he makes me sad, because maybe I am a spider? But I'm killing him anyway. I have to stop doing that, because it's seriously haunting me. Next spider, you will LIVE!

Spiders are good. They kill other insects and have no interest in you

Nah.

Coincidences and meaningful moments.

manifest destiny?

Reactions: ryiker
[video=youtube;0JHQmnFx2Ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JHQmnFx2Ys[/video]

Yes. When we decide to come here (born here) - we come with a goal - a lesson plan - in mind. We develop contracts with others in our Soul Family in order to acheive the plan. Then we incarnate in to a specific family and live out a life.

The details of how these plans or lessons are learned are not predetermined because this is Free Will zone. Our decisions we make determine the outcome and whether we learned the lesson or not in this lifetime.

I have concluded this is the most probable answer to how come I'm here. My favourite brother and I think we agreed to come and be guardian's to a few specific people whilst being each other's guardians. In short, only I could have written my life as it has been too precise at points to be random or coincidence. My brother and I have decided enough is enough now though, we are never coming back once we return to God x

It's bullshit.

Destiny implies some kind of control mechanism and a specific outcome. It also implies that something has that control mechanism at their disposal and that there is a plan. If all human beings are subject to this greater destiny then the most we can ever hope to be are pawns in a greater game we are unaware of. That seems pretty garbage to me.

If everything originates from the same source then we are all part of One. If we are all part of One, then it seems there would not be an Other to control us. It seems pretty garbage to think of Destiny in a traditional definition of the term. Rather, it might be more accurate to say that we have the power to influence and be influenced, and if that influence brings about a particular sequence of actions and events then you could refer to it as destiny. I prefer to see it as Cause and Effect.

Human beings are so strange when it comes to destiny and fate. We just drown in each other because we are each other, and then we dream up this idea that we each have an individual task or skill or some kind of significance that is going to save humanity which is simply not true. Does it not make better sense that collectively we are all responsible as opposed to a few drops in the ocean?

I can mildly tolerate the concept of incarnation. I can mildly tolerate the idea that perhaps as new lives are born and old ones die that somehow things will have changed enough for people to be more awake and aware. If there is any kind of destiny it is cycling out old mentalities and perspectives and it's letting go of all the bullshit we have going on in the current world so we can return to a time of peace. But I think that can only happen when a significant portion of the population dies off so that the Earth can recover itself and maybe human beings can reconnect with the environment. That is the absolute closest I can come to think of "destiny" but I don't think of that as being ordained. I think of it as nature taking its course.

I have concluded this is the most probable answer to how come I'm here. My favourite brother and I think we agreed to come and be guardian's to a few specific people whilst being each other's guardians. In short, only I could have written my life as it has been too precise at points to be random or coincidence. My brother and I have decided enough is enough now though, we are never coming back once we return to God x

Aye...

Perhaps it's because we've lived longer on this planet than the younger ones which shapes our ideas of why we're here. I've seen tooo many connections made in my lifetime that could not be mere coincidences. People have come in to my life and triggered events within me that can only satisfy an agenda I wasn't anticipating. I've witnessed my past lives and seen the karma clearing happening too. [shudders]

We all came here for a reason.

Maybe we are set on a linear path, but what does it really change?

Aye...

Perhaps it's because we've lived longer on this planet than the younger ones which shapes our ideas of why we're here. I've seen tooo many connections made in my lifetime that could not be mere coincidences. People have come in to my life and triggered events within me that can only satisfy an agenda I wasn't anticipating. I've witnessed my past lives and seen the karma clearing happening too. [shudders]

We all came here for a reason.

I used to not want to be so aware of these things but I think it has to be some sort of accumulation partly from my past lives as realistically, I am not so great, lol. Also I remember an episode of Dr Who which resonated with me. Basically some souls were fixed in time, time flowed around them. This is pretty much my experience, the words I speak I know are fixed in time somehow to trigger things into action. The triggering aspect is tangibly felt and has made me aware there is more beyond this plane. I have also at high points been shown other places, the greatest of which whilst pregnant. Man, the things I know but it is pointless sharing except with those who are open. I am not afraid of the darker aspect anymore which seems to bind people to all manner of words which then shape their destiny. I have concluded this too is karma and it is pointless judging it but important to help where possible but also to effectively shoo it away and transmute the dark energy back to the light when it presents itself.

We should talk further x

*Disclaimer. I recognise that some diagnosis' of poor mental health are based on a preoccupation with spiritual matters and I do not advocate stopping medication which have been prescribed nor place myself in any way to be a spiritual guru of any sort. Thought I'd make that clear x

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
I used to not want to be so aware of these things but I think it has to be some sort of accumulation partly from my past lives as realistically, I am not so great, lol. Also I remember an episode of Dr Who which resonated with me. Basically some souls were fixed in time, time flowed around them. This is pretty much my experience, the words I speak I know are fixed in time somehow to trigger things into action. The triggering aspect is tangibly felt and has made me aware there is more beyond this plane. I have also at high points been shown other places, the greatest of which whilst pregnant. Man, the things I know but it is pointless sharing except with those who are open. I am not afraid of the darker aspect anymore which seems to bind people to all manner of words which then shape their destiny. I have concluded this too is karma and it is pointless judging it but important to help where possible but also to effectively shoo it away and transmute the dark energy back to the light when it presents itself.

We should talk further x

*Disclaimer. I recognise that some diagnosis' of poor mental health are based on a preoccupation with spiritual matters and I do not advocate stopping medication which have been prescribed nor place myself in any way to be a spiritual guru of any sort. Thought I'd make that clear x

You should come visit me over at my Spiritual Journey thread. :tea:

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26966&page=17&p=790702&viewfull=1#post790702

I don't believe in destiny, as in I don't think that any one event defines any one of us. Statements like "I was destined to be a Hollywood star" or "America was destined to stretch from sea to shining sea" seem superficial, egotistical, and even ethnocentric. I believe we are forever evolving as individuals and collectively as part of a higher reality, which seems just out of our reach and understanding. But, I do believe in fate, in that some things are just meant to happen. I don't think this fate is 100% absolute, but a general feeling of harmony arises when you know things are going right for yourself and others. I have a tendency to believe in spiritual and emotions connections in relation to fate as opposed to material gains. It's very hard to describe, but it does come down to a combination of belief and personal understanding.

The doctrine of predestination and election is one of the greatest heresies, along with solo scripture, that I dislike in the alternatives to roman catholicism, I think its an updated version of the choosen people idea from before the time of Jesus, or various "special agency" theories in modern political ideologies, such as the role of elites (conservatism), the role of entrepreneurs (liberalism), the role of the working class/proletariat (marxism), the role of the master race (fascism/nazism/national chauvinism), manifest destiny (imperialism, nationalism, national exceptionalism).

So I have a real dislike for those ideas, although disliking them doesnt invalidate them, you could dislike gravity but it doesnt mean you can fly if you feel strongly enough about it.

Although in addition to disliking the theories I think for the most part they ARE invalid, I would juxtaposition to them all sociology, social research and (seriously qualified mind you) sociobiology and cultural determinism.

I also dont like more vulgar fatalism or the "excuse"/rationalisation of "self-fufilling prophecies" especially when they are invoked by people smart enough to recognise the concept in the first place.

Although something I do believe is that most people who are responsible for evil deeds will suffer by their bad character, less of karma operating in some cosmic fashion and more that bad character is corrosive in every possible sense of the word itself and most evil people inevitably run into other evil people and a kind of natural selection happens.

Believing I create my own path is empowering and mobilizing. And I just like that idea a lot more. It's a beautiful idea. And I don't feel conflicted in the least believing it. :m159:

Destiny seems to be one of those things you achieve and then you die. Like it was destiny to marry the king, then it seems its all down hill from there.

Last edited:
The movie Inkheart is either slated or overlooked altogether but there's excellent themes of this nature throughout, a character escapes from a book but chooses not to read the book and know his final fate, he then decides he can choose his own fate, there are other themes like how other characters escape from the book but conform to the character and therefore, in some ways, the fate that was ascribed to them by the author, but this one character acts on the ability to choose he now has, also the "mundanity" of the book which some characters attempt to escape and that this one character dreams of returning to, kind of like Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey or the archetypical Heroic Quest (you have to leave in order to return, you have to leave in order to go home).

Cool thread.

Yes, I believe in destiny. I believe in determinism.

I believe that everything that has happened in the past and will happen in the future could have happened and will happen in only one possible way.

All of time was determined at the big bang, when the physical laws that define our universe first came into existence.

Everything can be calculated, but not everything can be predicted. At the quantum level there's randomness, which means chance. Chance that something can go in many different ways. And then there's the butterfly effect, which multiplies the effect of the outcome of that chance. Something incredibly small and seemingly ineffectual can become something incredibly big. And because of these simple truths there are a nearly infinite number of possible futures, right? So things happening in only one possible way would naturally not be possible. Or at least that's what this line of reasoning says.

Sorry to disagree with you, but that's a particularly disagreeable idea to me. I hope I didn't offend you.

Indeed. Impossible to calculate the future exactly.

Nope. The uncertainty principle is a statement of our inability to measure small particles, it says nothing of the nature of reality itself. Small particles behave in a deterministic fashion. Your interpretation is a common misconception.

Nope, only one possible future.

Fear not, I am not offended. Feel free to disagree with me more, I look forward to your response.

Not interested in responding, but I'm glad you're not offended.