Do you believe in destiny? | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in destiny?

cleared.

Last edited:
Maybe, in that some really strange circumstances have occurred to make me who I am. I think I was destined to marry my husband because everything came together in a most strange way and I believe I was destined to be in certain places at certain times because I literally saved lives when I wasn't even supposed to be there on more than three occasions.

I think some things are just meant to be. I wish I knew what the purpose was, though.

Reactions: just me
Only if you accept it as so. Sometimes you can plow through it with sheer bull-headed willpower if you want to change circumstances. So I'll partially believe in it, because if it is truth in someone else's mind well then then they have their life laid out for them...

When I read the topic, I wanted to give an affirmative 'no,' but now that I'm sitting here actually writing a response, I have to say I'm not too sure. There are caveats.

I don't think our lives are mapped out for us, per say, but to a degree, our habitual thoughts, actions and the choices and consequences we make in our daily live kind of lock a certain future in place for us. Heck, as we all know here, our personalities don't really change over the course of a lifetime, so what we're able to do and not able to do (or rather think we're able to do and not able to do) kind of does narrow our options and put us on a certain path. I suppose, in a way, that could be construed as a kind of 'destiny.'

Im not going to flat kut say no. Theres a very real possibility we are living in a computer program. If so its almost a given. The more rules you add the less choice can be made which results in something like destiny as well.

What is the magnitude of this destiny, or how much do you ask is predestined?

Yes. When we decide to come here (born here) - we come with a goal - a lesson plan - in mind. We develop contracts with others in our Soul Family in order to acheive the plan. Then we incarnate in to a specific family and live out a life.

The details of how these plans or lessons are learned are not predetermined because this is Free Will zone. Our decisions we make determine the outcome and whether we learned the lesson or not in this lifetime.

If all of the events in our lives are one big predetermined, inescapable fate, would that mean we shouldn't be held responsible for our actions (good or bad)?

I would say I believe more in meaningful coincidences.

I believe in fate in the sense that most things in the world are out of your direct control and have been in the making for quite a long time.

I don't believe in destiny in the sense that it's all somehow planned out with you specifically in mind.

If all of the events in our lives are one big predetermined, inescapable fate, would that mean we shouldn't be held responsible for our actions (good or bad)?

I would say I believe more in meaningful coincidences.
Who would hold you responsible in the first place?

I believe that the spider who tries to escape the drain should just embrace his destiny. Also, he makes me sad, because maybe I am a spider? But I'm killing him anyway. I have to stop doing that, because it's seriously haunting me. Next spider, you will LIVE!

Fate, yes. The fact that one believes they can control their fate influences their fate, though, or perhaps is a manifestation of their fate, in the grand scheme of the first mover.

Last edited:
Yes I believe in destiny

Not even a little bit. Or predetermination. Or fatalism.

:m123: I create my own path!

Somewhat, yes, based mostly on personal experience though. Even if there's no such thing, i think it's a good help to make your way through the chaos that this world seems to be.

If life is a journey, don't you have to have a destination? I believe in destiny. I think our spirits reincarnate and in order to reach a higher level of existance, we have to learn certain lessons and we gain and lose Karma as we live again and again. Our spirits have flaws, we have issues to overcome, lessons to learn....some things are tied to our destination....they are a part of destiny....especially when it comes to the Other Spirits who are intertwined with us and the ways they reincarnate into our lives...destiny touches us because our path spans time.....

Or

Impossible, its a bunch of hooey.

Last edited:
Funny how it's destiny until it's bad. NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Or to be suddenly immolated by a volcano. Tell it to Pompeii and Herculaneum when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and killed everyone there. Either that was their destiny or they were denied their destiny which makes it not much of a destiny really.

[video=youtube;Lm9dE9B2DhI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm9dE9B2DhI[/video]

Laughter is the very best medicine; remember that when your appendix bursts next week.

Last edited:
I believe in destiny and I can't explain why.