Do you believe in Astrology? ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in Astrology? ?

I have not dived into it, so I cannot judge really.

These are very wise words. Very smart young man. :)

This has always been the one topic that I won't argue over. When I know something to be a fact, then it doesn't matter to me who believes or doesn't believe. I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind. The way I see it is if you don't get it, then it wasn't meant for you to understand. It's a gift that not everyone possesses. Not a bad thing or a good thing. Just a thing.

When I was a young child, I fully understood this subject without first being introduced to it. It was something I was so completely sure of. And as I grew older and realized that there was an actual science to it that people have studied for thousands and thousands of years, well, that blew my mind. It was an exciting moment for me. Also a bit frightening.

So when I hear people trashing the subject, it's disheartening, but I get it. But as you pointed out, how can a person judge what they haven't first tried to understand at a deeper level? I think we can relate this example to many things in society today, right?

But anyhow, as I said. This is not a subject that is meant for everyone to understand.

How is astrology a science? Science is not about not being meant to understand something due to lack of faith in it. But everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

Last edited:
I experienced this with tarot readings in a way and how feelings of trepidation/expectation get in the way of me getting the full picture.

However, it got me thinking... how can you make any kind of prediction, even if it's based on logical/empirical data, statistics, bussiness research, scientifical and even meteorological (since it's so hit n' miss sometimes) without appearing biased/self-suggested and predisposed in a way, at least a bit? Isn't that a big part of of anticipating the future? If not the whole point?

Most future predictions in science/business/etc. carry with them well defined margins of error, or probability. The weather forecast will have a percentage probability of rain, which is virtually never 100%, nor 0%. In business predicting future markets is a very rigorous process - in which deliberate overestimating/underestimating can have huge influences on the market (share prices, for example).

But when it comes to persons, they are very susceptible to indirect/covert suggestion. You mentioned tarot, which if it is like any other card game, involves studying the reaction of one's opponent. In texas hold 'em, you need to watch the other players for the faintest reaction as the cards a laid out. I suspect that the "interpreter" of tarot cards will look at the card quickly, while drawing it, and will then be studying your face/posture/breathing when the card is announced/placed on table. It's then very easy to spin any old b.s. that has enough connection with one's subjective state to ring plausible.

Most future predictions in science/business/etc. carry with them well defined margins of error, or probability. The weather forecast will have a percentage probability of rain, which is virtually never 100%, nor 0%. In business predicting future markets is a very rigorous process - in which deliberate overestimating/underestimating can have huge influences on the market (share prices, for example).

I understand that as set in theory more than practice, specially in the market as far as i know of... But anyway, i see your point, probabilities play a huge deal in those kinds of predictions.

But when it comes to persons, they are very susceptible to indirect/covert suggestion. You mentioned tarot, which if it is like any other card game, involves studying the reaction of one's opponent. In texas hold 'em, you need to watch the other players for the faintest reaction as the cards a laid out. I suspect that the "interpreter" of tarot cards will look at the card quickly, while drawing it, and will then be studying your face/posture/breathing when the card is announced/placed on table. It's then very easy to spin any old b.s. that has enough connection with one's subjective state to ring plausible.

The problem with the poker refference is that when you play it, you try to discern if the guy is bluffing or not. You don't need his whole story, not even the way he dresses to know that... If anything, good storytelling abilities can throw off a lot of gullible people, but that hasn't been my case, specially if you have an idea of what tarot is about.
The way i understand Tarot at least, is more cause and effect than prediction, since the few times i had readings, it always involved the present, the past and the consequences of that shown in the cards. There's a lot of bullshit around these things, i concede. I guess discernment works, i only had like 3 serious readings done, one of them done by a pro, and that one specifically, left me shivering after the events unfolded. The other ones were ok, but not to the same extent, also all of them have been free of charge, haha. I would be willing to pay for one at some point though. If anything, one of them was done through the internet, with no face to face interaction whatsoever, fwiw.

But anyway, it has worked for me, and it's fun. I don't try to make others to believe it.

Yes, I do believe in Astrology to a degree. Astrology is far more than it perceives itself to many people.
It is far deeper than the interaction of the 12 signs, and knowing more about it can also help to accumulate
small pieces of the puzzle to help determine your personality. The people skeptical about Astrology are usually
the ones not fully in tune to its knowledge. Now some may argue that it isn't a down to earth science, but that can
be applied to many things.

Ever wondered why people who inherit the same sign might like/dislike each other?
In Astrology, we actually obtain many signs, up to a total of 12, whereas some can be duplicates.
For example: 2 Scorpios can either love/hate each other, and this is where many people tend to disown Astrology.

But to begin with, there's 3 important things one may use to help determine apart of their
personality. The Sun sign, the Moon sign, and the Rising sign/Ascendant.

The Sun sign is the typical sign everyone knows, the tip of the iceberg; your birthday. The sun sign
describes your basic nature, the sun is known to be the center, and so dictates your personality, describing
the innermost you.

The Moon sign is your second most important after the sun. Depending on the time of your birth, some people
may actually have a more dominant moon sign, which also leads to controversy of disbelief throughout Astrology.
The moon sign reflects your emotional state, & inner mood. How you cope with your emotional state has a lot to
do with your moon sign.

The Rising sign, or ascendant, is my personal favorite when determining the personality of others. Your rising sign
is your public persona, your social realm that everyone sees upon interpretation. The rising sign is the mask you wear
upon people meeting you, or often in a public setting. The rising loves putting in its 2 cents when given the chance.

Other than those 3, you have 9 more signs,(that can be duplicates) that also have a strong influence on your overall personality.
What's interesting is, throughout Astrology, there are 4 elements; Fire, water, Earth, and air. The elements all have meaning
to determining your personality as well. You can have a different elements for your rising/sun/moon, or they can all be the same,
which also says a lot.

The best thing to do when trying to get a decent reading of your astrological nature is to create a birth chart.
To do so, you'll need your place of birth, date of birth, and the exact time you were born.
For example: Seattle Washington, 10/10/0, 5:30 a.m.

https://alabe.com/freechart/
Here is a good site to do so on.

After finding out your birth chart, you can also independently read upon all your signs.

Also, I've also looked into Vedic Astrology as well. It's quite interesting and can also give more insight of your personality.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
I don't believe in the horoscopes you read in the paper. I don't believe that people who share a sign are all alike.

When you are dealing with natal astrology and you use accurate information (exact day, time, location), you will get detailed insight into who you are. It indicates very real patterns that have been determined by the stars in the universe. Every planet has an affect on who each of us are. Just as the Moon's gravitational pull affects the tides, it also affects our minds. Why do you think some people are so sensitive to the Moon's phases? It pulls on our emotions. Different planets affect different things. And their gravitational pull (and where the planet is positioned in your chart) will determine the intensity of it.

There is more to it then what most people think.

And it's way more accurate than MBTI.

What she said ^

This is really interesting and if birth month really does have an impact on health and personality, it makes a lot of sense that it would have something to do with environmental factors during conception and gestation.

I don't personally believe in astrology. However, if there is any influence at all I would agree the month you are born in might have an influence due to common and repeated environmental factors at the time (such as it being winter etc). What doesn't make sense with this theory though is that star signs have the same characteristics irrespective of which hemisphere you live in. But where you live has a differing season regardless if the month. So two people born in January as Capricorns could have an environmental factor of winter in one hemisphere and summer in another.

Also, what put me off astrology originally was a relative who worked at a newspaper who confessed that the daily Star Sign readings were just picked out of a hat randomly by the staff and had no validity. Yet readers still believed they were accurate.

Last edited:
[MENTION=14357]Persona[/MENTION]

Take a look at this link:

http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/astrology/scientific-evidence-of-astrology.html

Here is the Table of Contents:

The Scientific Evidence Suggestive of Astrology
1. Introduction
2. Carl Jung's Astrology Study
3. The Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy Astrological Connection
4. Scientific Evidence Validating Astrology

a. Serial killers can be identified through a person's astrological birth chart.
b. There is a correlation between a person's chosen profession and their astrological birth chart.
c. Mental illness can be predicted by astrology.
d. Fetuses might be affected by the movement of the sun, moon, and planets as they interfere with the Earth's magnetic field which may have an influence on the fetuses occupation later in life.
e. Women can use the lunar cycle for purposes of contraception.
f. Many terrestrial phenomena are influenced by electromagnetic and gravitational effects originating within the solar system.
g. Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of WATER.
h. Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of BLOOD.
i. Potatoes, rats, fiddler crabs, and oysters are all governed by lunar periods.
j. A theoretical model using principles of mathematics and physics may account for human consciousness and process as it relates to the zodiac.
k. The concept of karma was demonstrated to be a reality in a study which confirmed that acting selflessly has rewards.
l. The dung beetle uses the starlight streak of the Milky Way galaxy to find its way home.
5. Astrology and the Near-Death Experience
6. Biblical Support for Astrology

Also, what put me off astrology originally was a relative who worked at a newspaper who confessed that the daily Star Sign readings were just picked out of a hat randomly by the staff and had no validity. Yet readers still believed they were accurate.

I'm not sure why people do that. Daily horoscopes have nothing to do with real natal astrology.

I took this from the link I posted above:

"Although astrology is viewed as a crank belief by many people (who usually have no understanding of it at all) there is no doubt that the sun, moon, and planets of our solar system have an effect on the human body and the planet Earth. Although many serious astrologers dismiss as "nonsense" the popular sun sign astrology" which is responsible for the plethora of daily horoscope columns, zodiac sign personality profiles, and the annual tabloid predictions given by astrologers each year, many people ignorantly equate the entire science of astrology with these dubious things."

I believe in astrology in partly but not fully... I've read my natal birth chart from few sources and in some ways it's scarily accurate like how it just knew?? Also, in some ways it doesn't make any sense to me (like it said I should become a scientist, haha! though, I love researching stuff so in that way it's true :p). It's very fascinating, true or not.

We had a natal chart thread somewhere, and (now gone) member was interpreting some. It was interesting.

Great link -- this is very much me (though the moon sign is at definite odds with the sun and ascendant):
Rising Sign is in 22 Degrees Pisces
Very sensitive to your surroundings, other people's feelings become your feelings. Try to avoid
negative people because your tendency to empathize with them will make you negative also. An
idealist, you must believe in something beyond your normal everyday existence. A dreamer, you like
to escape to a world of your own creation. As such, you are known for the vividness of your
imagination and should try to share your inner visions with others. Very self-sacrificial by nature,
beware of others becoming overly dependent on you or vice versa. Allow yourself to live for yourself
once in a while -- you deserve it. Don't be so envious of those who are more aggressive than you --
your gentle charity and true humility are indeed wonderful gifts. on the tenth house cusp
(MIDHEAVEN).
Sun is in 22 Degrees Taurus.
You are known for being patient, slow moving and careful -- you love to prolong and savor enjoyable
times. You appreciate and need comfort, ease and warm surroundings. Be careful of a tendency to
become placid and self-satisfied and to overeat (especially sweets). You require strenuous
situations in order to grow and mature properly, even though you try to avoid them. Affectionate,
even-tempered and slow to anger -- when you do become emotionally upset, you are also slow to
forgive and time must pass before your calm returns. You demand real results from any situation --
abstractions are very difficult for you to comprehend. Very artistic, your hands love to mold and
shape things. You portray an earthy, physical sexiness that others find quite seductive.
Moon is in 11 Degrees Aquarius.
Very freedom-oriented, you must always be able to do what you wish, no matter what. You become
stubborn and recalcitrant when others try to force you into a mold. You are a true democrat -- you
are not a follower, but you enjoy being with those who are like-minded. You appreciate emotional
self-control -- you practice it yourself and you look for it in others. You solve problems, including
emotional ones, with your brains and intellect, not your feelings. Try to be tolerant of those who
have powerful and obvious emotional responses -- not everyone is as objective, cool, dispassionate
and detached as you are.

Last edited:
[MENTION=14357]Persona[/MENTION]

Take a look at this link:

http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/astrology/scientific-evidence-of-astrology.html

Here is the Table of Contents:

The Scientific Evidence Suggestive of Astrology
1. Introduction
2. Carl Jung's Astrology Study
3. The Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy Astrological Connection
4. Scientific Evidence Validating Astrology

a. Serial killers can be identified through a person's astrological birth chart.
b. There is a correlation between a person's chosen profession and their astrological birth chart.
c. Mental illness can be predicted by astrology.
d. Fetuses might be affected by the movement of the sun, moon, and planets as they interfere with the Earth's magnetic field which may have an influence on the fetuses occupation later in life.
e. Women can use the lunar cycle for purposes of contraception.
f. Many terrestrial phenomena are influenced by electromagnetic and gravitational effects originating within the solar system.
g. Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of WATER.
h. Sun spot activity affects the molecular structure of BLOOD.
i. Potatoes, rats, fiddler crabs, and oysters are all governed by lunar periods.
j. A theoretical model using principles of mathematics and physics may account for human consciousness and process as it relates to the zodiac.
k. The concept of karma was demonstrated to be a reality in a study which confirmed that acting selflessly has rewards.
l. The dung beetle uses the starlight streak of the Milky Way galaxy to find its way home.
5. Astrology and the Near-Death Experience
6. Biblical Support for Astrology

Excellent link. Thanks for that, lots of interesting stuff. I also do something similar to what Jung did here, (I enjoy studying the different birth charts and finding correlations between relations)

"Jung did an analysis of astrology to determine its place in synchronicity. He studied 483 married couples and noted the astrological connections between the birth dates of married couples. These findings concluded that long lasting relationships had a certain astrological pattern which were found to be three times higher than the rate of coincidence. Also astounding was the fact that the couples whom astrologers would interpret as being the most conducive to marriage were the couples whose astrological pattern occurred most frequently. The pattern that astrologers interpret as least conducive to marriage occurred least often among the couples. Jung calculated the odds of the this result occurring randomly is 1 in 62,500,000. Jung believed incidents like these are the result of synchronicity."

Great link -- this is very much me (though the moon sign is at definite odds with the sun and ascendant):
Rising Sign is in 22 Degrees Pisces
Very sensitive to your surroundings, other people's feelings become your feelings. Try to avoid
negative people because your tendency to empathize with them will make you negative also. An
idealist, you must believe in something beyond your normal everyday existence. A dreamer, you like
to escape to a world of your own creation. As such, you are known for the vividness of your
imagination and should try to share your inner visions with others. Very self-sacrificial by nature,
beware of others becoming overly dependent on you or vice versa. Allow yourself to live for yourself
once in a while -- you deserve it. Don't be so envious of those who are more aggressive than you --
your gentle charity and true humility are indeed wonderful gifts. on the tenth house cusp
(MIDHEAVEN).
Sun is in 22 Degrees Taurus.
You are known for being patient, slow moving and careful -- you love to prolong and savor enjoyable
times. You appreciate and need comfort, ease and warm surroundings. Be careful of a tendency to
become placid and self-satisfied and to overeat (especially sweets). You require strenuous
situations in order to grow and mature properly, even though you try to avoid them. Affectionate,
even-tempered and slow to anger -- when you do become emotionally upset, you are also slow to
forgive and time must pass before your calm returns. You demand real results from any situation --
abstractions are very difficult for you to comprehend. Very artistic, your hands love to mold and
shape things. You portray an earthy, physical sexiness that others find quite seductive.
Moon is in 11 Degrees Aquarius.
Very freedom-oriented, you must always be able to do what you wish, no matter what. You become
stubborn and recalcitrant when others try to force you into a mold. You are a true democrat -- you
are not a follower, but you enjoy being with those who are like-minded. You appreciate emotional
self-control -- you practice it yourself and you look for it in others. You solve problems, including
emotional ones, with your brains and intellect, not your feelings. Try to be tolerant of those who
have powerful and obvious emotional responses -- not everyone is as objective, cool, dispassionate
and detached as you are.

Sweet, you have 3 different elements. Taurus being earth, Aquarius being air, and Pisces being water. This is what I was speaking of when I mentioned having mismatched elements, and stuff like this is what makes each and every individual overtly unique. You can also search your signs individually for in depth reviews and more info. Googling "Aquarius moon, or Pisces rising", and so on.

Cool, I was gonna ask for a reputable place to get the information free. Here's what I got:

Rising Sign is in 21 Degrees Leo
You love to be the center of attention and you want to appear strong, confident and dominant. You are very proud of yourself, sometimes quite vain even. When all around you are bedraggled and falling apart, you look like a million bucks! Very dignified and honorable, you enjoy the power and privilege, but not the responsibilities, that come with leadership. You are very idealistic but can also be quite stubborn. Others impress you only if they have integrity (but wealth, power and influence can also turn your head). You prefer rich, elegant surroundings and possessions, and will try to acquire them as your budget allows. Physically, you are very impressive - - at your best you have a regal, charismatic demeanor and bearing. Try not to be such a showoff!
Yes, I want to appear strong and confident and dominant, but I don't like being the center of attention. Being in front of large crowds makes me nervous, and I really hate public speaking (even in small groups). Makes me nervous. I would think that I think of myself as proud, and sometimes to proud, but when I have asked friends or family if I appear vain, they have always said no. So here I think I'm just overly critical. I don't mind leadership responsibilities, I see them as a means to the end. What is necessary for a goal. Yeah, I respect people who have integrity. Definitely stubborn at times. My best friends always say that I don't ever spend extra money. I have a small wardrobe, and not many personal decorations in my room (other than sentimental objects). I hate buying clothes because I hate spending that much money when my current clothes are perfectly fine, lol. Same with my car and stuff. Physically, I would say I'm healthy, but by no means impressive, lol. I do try my best to be regal, but I think I'm to quirky to be called charismatic.

Sun is in 29 Degrees Capricorn.
Extremely serious and mature, you are capable of accepting responsibilities and do so willingly. Others expect you to be dutiful as a matter of course. You tend to get angry when people get rewards after not having worked anywhere near as hard as you. You are goal-oriented and an achiever by nature -- you're a hard worker and are justifiably proud of the tangible results of your efforts. You tend to have "tunnel-vision" -- this allows you to block out extraneous matters that might distract others and to concentrate totally on the matter at hand. As such, you are the ideal one to manage or administrate any ongoing project and to be practical and efficient at it. You are not a fast worker, but you are quite thorough. You are known for being totally persistent, tenacious and tireless in reaching your goals.
I do hate when people are rewarded unjustly. I have also recognized myself as achievement oriented, though I'm working to change that. I'm not sure how to interpret the "tunnel-vision" comment. I have been described in the past as being an effective organizer, and very practical and especially efficient. I definitely agree that I am not a fast worker, but I do my best to be thorough (although I give into laziness sometimes). I procrastinate waaaaay to much. This section seems the most accurate in my opinion.

Moon is in 07 Degrees Virgo.
You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.
I am an optimist and I tend to take things to seriously. I have taken a while to learn how to take a joke, and only partially at that. That's one of the biggest parts of my quirkiness. Although, I don't need tasks that engage my hands. My favorite area of work is philosophy, and that is highly abstract. I sometimes enjoy making things, but I'm not great at it. I would say I'm not particularly neat, my room often times degrades into a mess. Usually when I'm busy. I can tolerate messes for a while, but I do want them cleaned up. I'm not as strict as this would suggest. I am most certainly very self-critical though. I try to eat healthy, but I don't go out of my way to do so. I try to play some sports, but I rarely actually do so. I definitely will go out of my way to be helpful or useful to others though. Practical? Sure. Reliable? Sometimes. Efficient? Definitely. Conservative? In some respects. Prude (at times)? Around certain people, yes, but around my friends.....well, I'm a college male. What do ya expect...Simple lifestyle? lol, no. Uncomplicated lifestyle? No. Frugal lifestyle? Definitely, but didn't that contradict the earlier point about me being interested in surrounding myself with rich things? Methodical lifestyle? Definitely. Unemotional lifestyle? Definitely, absolutely not, lol.

Mercury is in 18 Degrees Aquarius.
You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.
Definitely very opinionated, but I am only vocal if the topic as addressed. I don't force it on others, usually. Defending my views? Prepare for war, lol ;). I do love coming up with original, different, or unconsidered responses in philosophical discussions. Definitely need mental/intellectual stimulation. I do my best to be fair, but can't say how successful I am. I'm usually to shy to ask this question, or don't think to.

Venus is in 12 Degrees Sagittarius.
You are very aware of the need to maintain a high sense of morality in a relationship. Your loyalty and interest will remain constant in any relationship (either friendly, personal or business) that is based on fairness, honesty and justice. But you will become greatly hurt and disappointed if the other person takes any but the high road with you. Also, you cannot tolerate anyone being overly emotionally possessive of you. You are known for your friendly, outspoken manner.
I do hold my relationships in a very high respect of honesty and trust. I've never encountered someone being overly emotionally possessive of me....My friends tend to say I'm very kind, but outspoken? Definitely not.

Mars is in 00 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions, preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are. Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.
Definitely carful and systematic, and several people in the past have said I pay too close of attention to details. As for abstractions, that's most certainly false. Again, I love abstractions, that's part of how I love philosophy. I don't mind things that are supposedly non-useful, or unprovable, or impractical. I used to try to hold people to the same standards I try to hold myself, but I learned not to do that a few years ago. It's not just unreasonable, it's not my place to do such a thing. I have a fundamental respect for people's right to themselves, but if asked, then I will be very analytical.

Jupiter is in 08 Degrees Sagittarius.
You have a very strong sense of ethics and morality. You are widely read and may also be widely traveled because you are sincerely interested in expanding your knowledge of the world about you. At times, you have an annoying tendency to be self-righteous and preachy about your belief system. You are usually quite idealistic and you demand the right to be able to explore the entire world of experiences yourself. Remember to grant others the similar right -- be tolerant, not dogmatic.
Sure. I wouldn't say I'm widely read, and definitely not widely traveled, but I am sincerely interested in expanding my knowledge of the world. I really don't know if I have an annoying tendency to be self-righteous and preachy. Because I don't talk about my beliefs unless asked, the people I talk to are already expecting such a discussion. People are usually grateful or agree with conclusions or advise I give.

Saturn is in 09 Degrees Pisces.
Your tendency to think that your life is out of control is based on an unreasonable fear, probably connected with an unfortunate experience with the person who filled the father figure role in your early life. Learn to take responsibility here and now for your own life. Try to stop having unrealistic expectations about guide figures. Remember that they are merely human, with all the same faults and self-doubts that you have. When you get confused or uncertain, try to simplify your lifestyle -- things will then become easier to bear.
This one is the most inaccurate probably. I think my life is a challenge, but definitely not out of control. I have no such unreasonable fear relating to my father. My friends sometimes say I take to much responsibility on myself. I used to have unrealistic expectations about guide figures, but around late high school I did realize they are "merely human" (lol).

Uranus is in 26 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your peer group as well, seek out practical solutions to a changing society's attitudes to customs, traditions and authority structures. Your logical and orderly manner of dealing with these matters will result in permanent and carefully planned, but sweeping, reforms.
I'm not sure what to make of the first sentence, and as much as I'd like to agree with the second, I know I have no way to judge it. Haven't lived long enough to see it "realized".

Neptune is in 23 Degrees Capricorn.
You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.
I mean, sure, I guess, lol. I don't know. To wishy washy of a statement.

Pluto is in 00 Degrees Sagittarius.
For your entire generation, society's cherished beliefs and totems will be radically changed. Many traditional concepts will be totally altered, if not completely destroyed. The rights of individuals to pursue their own course in life will be reasserted.
This is the state of life. I think my parents would have said the same thing as well.

N. Node is in 11 Degrees Scorpio.
You have a special aptitude for working by yourself, or with a like-minded group of dedicated individuals. Once you've committed yourself to a person or group or project, your loyalty and devotion are total until the group's goals have been realized. Not at all gregarious by nature, you're uncomfortable around strangers, greatly preferring to be in known and familiar situations. Others may regard you as shy or eccentric, but those who know you well are aware of the intense loyalty that you have to your friends.
I do prefer working by myself, but I can work with others. It is true that when I commit to a project (more than just saying I will do it, but truly commit), then I will do what is necessarily to make it work out. I would agree that I definitely prefer known and familiar situations. That last statement I would certainly agree with.

All in all, several things I would agree with, but many that I would not. More wrong here than in the MBTI description in my opinion. Plus a lot more of this is stuff that would generalize to a lot of people that are very different than me than is found in the MBTI description, at least in my opinion.

I also really don't believe in astrology, but I was willing and very curious to give it a legitimate chance. Sorry to say, I was not convinced.

These are very wise words. Very smart young man. :)This has always been the one topic that I won't argue over. When I know something to be a fact, then it doesn't matter to me who believes or doesn't believe. I'm not going to try and change anyone's mind. The way I see it is if you don't get it, then it wasn't meant for you to understand. It's a gift that not everyone possesses. Not a bad thing or a good thing. Just a thing.When I was a young child, I fully understood this subject without first being introduced to it. It was something I was so completely sure of. And as I grew older and realized that there was an actual science to it that people have studied for thousands and thousands of years, well, that blew my mind. It was an exciting moment for me. Also a bit frightening.So when I hear people trashing the subject, it's disheartening, but I get it. But as you pointed out, how can a person judge what they haven't first tried to understand at a deeper level? I think we can relate this example to many things in society today, right?But anyhow, as I said. This is not a subject that is meant for everyone to understand.
I respect you... And appreciate ur thinking....!! :):)

@dogman6126 Well most of the others beside the 3 main ones, are often subconscious, and relate to specifically one thing, than just your general self.
For instance, your mercury sign, the next important one in the lineup, is the sign that evaluates how you think intellectually and make decisions. The mercury sign is a replica of your mind.

Your mercury sign is Aquarius, which by nature means you're very intellectual and determined. So the description it gives should reflect your thinking level for that one.
Your venus sign is your heart. The venus sign interprets how you deal with romance, love, culture, beauty, and affection.
And so on, each planet reflects a specific asset of yourself. Some things might not be as accurate as you've stated, because its in a sort of chronological reading, like a clock.
1-12, with 1 being the greatest, and 12 being the least. But it's up to you to decide which ones are more accurate, like you did, and this would show you that how you have a stronger influence in that planet than the others, and have more characteristics within that planet. But every individual is unique no matter what, so inaccuracies will be present somewhere no matter what, because looking at 12 signs that are different within each individual, you're bound to find differences.

Stuff like this is why Astrology cannot be labeled as scientific. Astrology is like a fruit, you may produce a million apples, and although those apples will have the the same categorization as being apples, they will still have many differences within the taste, texture, appearance, and more. But you will notice that if you evaluate yourself with others that have a similar moon/sun/rising/mercury/venus, and so on, you'll definitely find a similar correlation throughout personalities. In my opinion, Astrology is very interesting when it is brought down to an individual, but to make it a general popularized statement would take years of years of endless studying to come up with a more accurate statement for everyone. To do so, one would have to study over millions of birth charts and making correlations between all 12 signs, and the planets. Maybe someone in the future will be brave enough to take on that venture, and even possibly come up with more personality testing haha.

Reactions: knight in battle
@dogman6126 Well most of the others beside the 3 main ones, are often subconscious, and relate to specifically one thing, than just your general self.
For instance, your mercury sign, the next important one in the lineup, is the sign that evaluates how you think intellectually and make decisions. The mercury sign is a replica of your mind.

Your mercury sign is Aquarius, which by nature means you're very intellectual and determined. So the description it gives should reflect your thinking level for that one.
Your venus sign is your heart. The venus sign interprets how you deal with romance, love, culture, beauty, and affection.
And so on, each planet reflects a specific asset of yourself. Some things might not be as accurate as you've stated, because its in a sort of chronological reading, like a clock.
1-12, with 1 being the greatest, and 12 being the least. But it's up to you to decide which ones are more accurate, like you did, and this would show you that how you have a stronger influence in that planet than the others, and have more characteristics within that planet. But every individual is unique no matter what, so inaccuracies will be present somewhere no matter what, because looking at 12 signs that are different within each individual, you're bound to find differences.

Stuff like this is why Astrology cannot be labeled as scientific. Astrology is like a fruit, you may produce a million apples, and although those apples will have the the same categorization as being apples, they will still have many differences within the taste, texture, appearance, and more. But you will notice that if you evaluate yourself with others that have a similar moon/sun/rising/mercury/venus, and so on, you'll definitely find a similar correlation throughout personalities. In my opinion, Astrology is very interesting when it is brought down to an individual, but to make it a general popularized statement would take years of years of endless studying to come up with a more accurate statement for everyone. To do so, one would have to study over millions of birth charts and making correlations between all 12 signs, and the planets. Maybe someone in the future will be brave enough to take on that venture, and even possibly come up with more personality testing haha.

By your description, your starting to make me think astrology is like a 12 factor model of personality, where MBTI is 4. Compared to MBTI, if done right, it should be very accurate, so I can see where you guys come from on that. However, assuming I'm understanding correctly, it also tries to make claims past just brute personality, but also future interactions (Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto). Also, as you said, the first three are a general self, and would you describe the remaining five as the actual personality descriptions? Since like you said Mercury is the head, Venus is the heart....I wonder what the other three are meant to be? If it reduces to a five factor model in the direction of MBTI, then it should be more accurate, at least in these five. I feel like I'm understanding this completely incorrectly, lol. I'm doing to much guess work, and I'm afraid I'm to busy to actually research this topic. School is really hitting me hard this semester, lol.

I wonder what a comparative factor analysis of the different possible astrological signs would turn out. Might be able to single out a primary personality matrix/scale from the astrological descriptions. Then I would wonder how that maps onto things like MBTI. I'm learning how to do those this semester, maybe I'll look into trying that this summer, lol.

Sweet, you have 3 different elements. Taurus being earth, Aquarius being air, and Pisces being water. This is what I was speaking of when I mentioned having mismatched elements, and stuff like this is what makes each and every individual overtly unique. You can also search your signs individually for in depth reviews and more info. Googling "Aquarius moon, or Pisces rising", and so on.

I'm having trouble trying to come to terms with the Aquarius portion -- it is shocking to me.