Do you believe in a soul? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Do you believe in a soul?

The soul is the thing that the universe eats.

Reactions: invisible
Are you guys defining the soul as meaning or the source of meaning then?

The Man tries, but the universe always gets it in the end.

Tell that to Hussein

yes, i believe in soul. because it is the only thing which keeps our body alive. it's part of god. Small part of god and this is why some people used to say, we are inseparable from god and from this world which is full of human-being. This is why we show unconditional love to animals who can't speak from mouth, but can understand.

It really depends on what day you ask me. There are times when I lean towards the idea that all that exists is the body, and other times when I think there has to be something more. I don't know what's true, and my opinion keeps changing.

I suppose if I'm honest with myself, I doubt the idea of a soul makes sense, but I want to believe in it because the world seems so much colder and darker without such ideas.

I want to believe in it, but I can't make sense of it, so I probably don't. Confusing, isn't it?

Actually, I think science overstates itself in terms of understanding consiousness and such. Consiousness or awareness isn't processing of matter after all, it is the experiential interpretation of processing.

Of course understanding itself isn't at issue here, the soul could both exist and be understood. Explaining something just means you are informed about how it works, not that you have to somehow prove that it is entirely material. Science can cut both ways, the Parnia study that I made a thread of before would be a good example, and could provide more experimental support in either direction.

In any case, between the arguments, books, and journals I have read on the issue, I have provisionally come to the conclusion that a soul exists. What that all may entail, I am not sure, but there ya have it, I believe in a soul.

On that note, for those of you who are really into all this supernatural stuff, have any interesting things I could play with? Things that you have experienced as legitimate... something cool and magicky?

Last edited:
No.