Do we become more SJ as we age, regardless of type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do we become more SJ as we age, regardless of type?

Older people are harder to type. We develop secondary and tertiary traits, and learn habits and behaviors from others, so in a sense yes, we seem to become more ((fill in trait here)), but our core never changes.
Also, when we're in shadow mode we behave like unhealthy ESTPs.

My type is very much up for debate.

Some say I'm INFJ, some say I'm ENFJ..Some say II'm ENTJ... others says I'm ENTP/ENFP And even ISTP. Oh and one said i'm istj whilst another offered me just to become infp

Who are these some and others? It sounds like you are borderline in many areas on your personality type. Have you taken MBTI tests? If so, which ones? Perhaps I can help narrow things down a little. If you have taken some of these tests then what were the results (with numbers)?

Last edited:
Just because someone learns SJ tendenacies, doesn't mean it will become central to their personality. I understand what you are saying, but I think it is just about learning to deal with it, not so much as learning to make it who you are.

I actually have a decent amount of SJ tendancies (because of my high Si). I wasn't conditioned to be this way, I more or less was always like this (just had to come to realise that I am). Many of us here have a strong adversion to Si and Se. I think it is partly because we all want to be an INFJ and to be an INFJ as much as we can, hence we resist the possibillity of putting S to use.

I'm not sure I would agree with this. I see it is a blessing that I can see things that most others cannot but I also get frustrated with the fact that I'm so different and most people just see me as different. There are times when I would rather just be "normal" and give up the ability to have insight at such a high level. All of it makes me feel different, alone, and IT IS HARD.

I am in my forties and I constantly try to develop my sensory function. In fact my SO is highly sensory and I'm thankful for that. I look to her regularly for environmental input and it actually makes me feel good. To see the world through her eyes is exactly what I crave at times because i can't do it on my own. I think my senses are broken to some extent. That my brain (not mind) is a bit dysfunctional and limits my ability to take in sensory data. I wish it were different but it is what it is. I accept it and then seek assistance from those who have it much better than I (in that respect).

Reactions: infinite dreams
People do get better as they age.

Reactions: WonkyOracle
Who are these some and others? It sounds like you are borderline in many areas on your personality type. Have you taken MBTI tests? If so, which ones? Perhaps I can help narrow things down a little. If you have taken some of these tests then what were the results (with numbers)?
sendeth thee your most trusted test and thee shalt testeth ones self.