Do many people hate the INFJ ability to read others and dig up hidden motivations? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do many people hate the INFJ ability to read others and dig up hidden motivations?

Does this INFJ "talent" make others feel uneasy around you? Do some people hate you because you can read them and bring up hidden motivations?

Yes. I did this analyzing “thing” a couple of times on a friend without realizing it. He got offended very fast even though I was quite soft spoken about it. He felt intimidated and limited because I saw “through” him and predicted his behavior. I was shocked because he took it so personal.

Does this INFJ "talent" make others feel uneasy around you? Do some people hate you because you can read them and bring up hidden motivations?
Don't bother me none.
I can read you guys better than you can read me anyway.

Yes and yes.

But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is what it is.

C'mon. Read me INTJ.
giphy.gif

Ha! You wish.
See, I got this thing where if I can see how people move when they think, I know what their operating environment looks like -their mental landscape. I get a real good feel for essentially what and how they process. It's different from what INFJs get, but just as insightful. Makes us even as I can tell: I'm good what I do, just as you guys are. Then we got another factor at play here. You can see me just as well as any other, but you operate on pattern recognition. You get someone that kinda genuinely on unique and / or eccentric side, and it can throw your context off a bit. Because of that, I got a slight edge on you guys. Seen a few of you in person..know what I'm talking about. :wink:

See, I got this thing where if I can see how people move when they think, I know what their operating environment looks like, I get a real good feel for essentially what and how they process. It's different from what INFJs get, but just as insightful. Makes us even as I can tell: I'm good what I do, just as you guys are. Then we got another factor at play here. You can see me just as well as any other, but you operate on pattern recognition. You get someone that kinda genuinely on unique and / or eccentric side, and it can throw your context off a bit. Because of that, I got a slight edge on you guys. Seen a few of you in person..know what I'm talking about. :wink:
I don't operate on pattern recognition, bb.. I operate on ninja juice and stardust. You won't out Ni me, nor figure me out by watching me move. But cute that you believe in your little kinetic Ni theory. It's important to have a dream.. :m027:

And remember, keep hope alive. :mthumb3:

I don't operate on pattern recognition, bb.. I operate on ninja juice and stardust. You won't out Ni me, nor figure me out by watching me move. But cute that you believe in your little kinetic Ni theory. It's important to have a dream.. :m027:

And remember, keep hope alive. :mthumb3:
lol
No? You've watched humanity for a long time... making things mean things all the while. Not sure if I can agree with your assessment. =)

@Misty Well fully agree.. I'm pretty sure ninja juice and stardust is likewise involved.

lol
No? You've watched humanity for a long time... making things mean things all the while. Not sure if I can agree with your assessment. =)
I have. But riddle me this.. If all my intuitions came simply from watching peoples.. then how did I know before I would be hit by a car at a traffic light a few minutes before I decided to turn that way? What was telling me NOT to take the usual road that day, hmm? Not pattern recognition. I have a million more stories and daily intuitions that are spot on. I don't talk about Spidey senses for nothing. Muahaha.

Yes. I did this analyzing “thing” a couple of times on a friend without realizing it. He got offended very fast even though I was quite soft spoken about it. He felt intimidated and limited because I saw “through” him and predicted his behavior. I was shocked because he took it so personal.
Yeah, a classmate walked out on me once screaming "you don't get to psychoanalyze me!" But she was in my dorm room asking for advice about her break up. People are weird.

:thonking:

I operate on ninja juice and stardust

giphy.gif

Alright guys, get the torches lit, Misty is stealing the life of some star girl for her powers
(or however the film went)

giphy.gif

Alright guys, get the torches lit, Misty is stealing the life of some star girl for her powers
(or however the film went)
lol, I'm being silly. I actually just operate on nerd juice. But I would like to steal Star Girls power, so if you find her do let me know. :smilingimp:

I have. But riddle me this.. If all my intuitions came simply from watching peoples.. then how did I know before I would be hit by a car at a traffic light a few minutes before I decided to turn that way? What was telling me NOT to take the usual road that day, hmm? Not pattern recognition. I have a million more stories and daily intuitions that are spot on. I don't talk about Spidey senses for nothing. Muahaha.
sooo I drive like a bat outta hell 95% of the time, particularly on mountain roads. Yee-Haw!
The other 5% of the time it's my spidey sense telling me popo be roll'n. -more often than not its verified, and my driving record is curiously clean. I've had other intuitions about things I shouldn't have access to as well. Pfft, I haven't got the faintest clue how that works, but I can't deny it seems to.

sooo I drive like a bat outta hell 95% of the time, particularly on mountain roads. Yee-Haw!
The other 5% of the time it's my spidey sense telling me popo be roll'n. -more often than not its verified, and my driving record is curiously clean. I've had other intuitions about things I shouldn't have access to as well. Pfft, I haven't got the faintest clue how that works, but I can't deny it seems to.
Maybe you're really an FJ. *shrug* You could walk the line of T & F.. I saw that painted pottery collection you posted.

My stardust thanks you. ^.^.

I wasn't upset, side note. I was challenging your Ni to a duel. :tearsofjoy::sunglasses:
I'm so horrible with functions...can't even get a good translation out of that.

Challenge? Duel? Hm.... You know that somewhat unique thing I was talking about above? Somehow I don't think it's gonna work in your favor. =)

Maybe you're really an FJ. *shrug* You could walk the line of T & F.. I saw that painted pottery collection you posted.
Lol
How about T is my strongest preference?

You scored 70% on Introversion
You scored 67% on iNtuition
You scored 87% on Thinking
You scored 77% on Judging

Except on this:
Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOEI

Your Primary type is Calm

Extroversion |||||| 30%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||||||||| 92%
Accommodation |||| 18%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 87%

Enneagram 'tri-type': 5w6, 1w2, 3w2 sx/so

FJs dont challenge Einstein/modern physics. :wink:
actually, Einstein denied black holes too. =)

FJs dont challenge Einstein/modern physics. :wink:
actually, Einstein denied black holes too. =)
Except Bohr... Okay my bad. I need some strike-through up in here.