Dislike/Animosity Towards INFJs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Dislike/Animosity Towards INFJs?

Are sentiments like this common, in particular towards INFJs? I'm not sure I've ever seen such pronounced hatred directed towards one type as of yet in my typology travels. Anyone have an idea what the cause of this is? Ignorance? Is it just something that happens at typologycentral, and would one find a plethora of "insert type here hatred" threads there? Or here, even? I still have some browsing to do.

Jesus was in INFJ.

Hate threads exist for everyone ever. Nothing new or surprising.

Revel in it.

I remember that thread, it was a joke, literally. And the majority of the people posting those comments were listed INFJs at the time.

Reactions: Trifoilum
There's two things I like about that INFJ haters thread:

1. An irresistible curiousity to know what people really think - especially the things they think, but usually wouldn't say is satisfied.
2. The comedy to think that people would notice INFJs enough to hate them.

Reactions: Trifoilum
I'm too lazy to read through the INFJs getting on their high horse....I read most of the thread...it was a joke thread ;) It was meant to be trollish.

Also, I stumbled accross a comment by a poster noting that most of the people posting in the thread were INFJs "self hating".

Agreed with [MENTION=4726]Vict[/MENTION]. Everyone hates someone.

If that someone is part of a group / a type / SOMETHING...WELL.

"INFJs...

1) Are bastards that pretends to care about people when all they care about are their ideals
2) Manipulate people to satisfied their own desires
3) Are hypocrites on their moral high ground.
4) Assume they know what's best for you when they clearly have no idea
5) Always try to hush everything up and spoil the fun"

I have had all of these levelled against me. By the people who know me the most. I would say it's a common misinterpretation, or recoiled defense tactic- a lot of times I tell people what they don't want to hear, and sometimes if has been misguided on my part. A mature adult will realize it goes both ways. I might think that these people are immature, are hurting themselves or others, and are destructive- I might intervene, and they might not want to hear what I have to say.

In regards to this comment:
"Damn INFJs! Always making judgments based on obviously insufficient information and then sticking to their decisions with a passionate single mindedness that defies all reasoning! Where do they get off being emotionally invested in their ideas? They need to be more objective in their analysis and less susceptible to empathy. Understanding human motivation and agendas plays very little role in the logical deduction of human nature."

I would bet money that they were a Ti/Te that gets frustrated in conversation.

"INFJs...

1) Are bastards that pretends to care about people when all they care about are their ideals
2) Manipulate people to satisfied their own desires
3) Are hypocrites on their moral high ground.
4) Assume they know what's best for you when they clearly have no idea
5) Always try to hush everything up and spoil the fun"

I have had all of these levelled against me. By the people who know me the most. I would say it's a common misinterpretation, or recoiled defense tactic- a lot of times I tell people what they don't want to hear, and sometimes if has been misguided on my part. A mature adult will realize it goes both ways. I might think that these people are immature, are hurting themselves or others, and are destructive- I might intervene, and they might not want to hear what I have to say.

In regards to this comment:
"Damn INFJs! Always making judgments based on obviously insufficient information and then sticking to their decisions with a passionate single mindedness that defies all reasoning! Where do they get off being emotionally invested in their ideas? They need to be more objective in their analysis and less susceptible to empathy. Understanding human motivation and agendas plays very little role in the logical deduction of human nature."

I would bet money that they were a Ti/Te that gets frustrated in conversation.
I admit this sort of thread is useful to know WHERE could we go wrong in our expression. How would we come across as, and what would we look like, if they clashed with us? What would we be, in their perspective.

[MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] was right. The curiosity was satisfied. The paranoia.

Remembering that one's trash is another's treasure is also important. For one person, our tendencies are a gift of the gods. For another, it's a sign of a wicked human. It would be interesting to dissect their beliefs, their own perspective. What were good for them? What were bad? On what circumstances did they see the INFJs in question act in a way they're stating? Why and how do they make the assumption, and under what sort of beliefs?

Alas.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila