Diet Intervention | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Diet Intervention

Perfect formula for weight loss, here's mine for fatloss.

Cardio (at least the following: 3 times a week for 20 - 30 minutes) + Weightlifting (at least the following: 3 times a week for 30 - 40 minutes) Smaller meals eaten on regular basis that contain at least 20 grams of protein + Whole foods (real food and not processed rubbish) - Stress + More sleep = Fat Loss and Muscle Gain, resulting in a leaner and toned figure.

...I need a SugarDaddy or a new husband and new home in order to get back to all THAT.......this "single independent woman making it on her own" stuff has brought me nothing but crappy, stressful struggle and bad health.......

Well Quinlan I disagree with Primal Blueprint's general feeling that one should eat as much protien as one feels like. I can ingest tons of food, period, and I think they have overlooked the very good system that Dr. Abravanel's has devised so that the endocrine system gets back into order with certain types and portions of protiens for each different body type. Less or no red meat for some.....more for others and so forth. Primal seems to think that whatever caveman caught and ate that day will be your blueprint, too. I don't think so. We are already a few millenia beyond that......historically speaking.

I think once you cut down carbs sufficiently, then for most people that will normalise their hormones and portions will take care of themselves, it's very hard for most people to overconsume a lot of protein and fat on their own, it's the carbs that generally make people binge. Of course you might be an exception.

At a rough guess I would say at the moment I'm eating about 50%-40%->10% Protein-Fat-Carbs, with the carbs coming from mostly nonstarchy veges, dairy, nuts, berries and ocassional dark chocolate.

I think my calorie intake has unintentionally dropped because most carbs are craving inducing, carbs seem to make me more hungry throughout the day I hardly eat snacks anymore and I'm much less absorbed and distracted with thoughts of food.

As far as primal goes, I think it probably is optimal for humans but it is a huge step, low carb is probably a better starting point (not to mention I bet a heap of the protein that cavemen ate was bugs and grubs n stuff, yum!).

Last edited:
I think once you cut down carbs sufficiently, then for most people that will normalise their hormones and portions will take care of themselves, it's very hard for most people to overconsume a lot of protein and fat on their own, it's the carbs that generally make people binge. Of course you might be an exception.

At a rough guess I would say at the moment I'm eating about 50%-40%->10% Protein-Fat-Carbs, with the carbs coming from mostly nonstarchy veges, dairy, nuts, berries and ocassional dark chocolate.

I think my calorie intake has unintentionally dropped because most carbs are craving inducing, carbs seem to make me more hungry throughout the day I hardly eat snacks anymore and I'm much less absorbed and distracted with thoughts of food.

As far as primal goes, I think it probably is optimal for humans but it is a huge step, low carb is probably a better starting point (not to mention I bet a heap of the protein that cavemen ate was bugs and grubs n stuff, yum!).

...I hate being the exception....its no fun anymore....

what about Elizabeth's letter to me? I wonder if I should go and calculate the ounces that she should have told me or at LEAST the grams of protien to add on......there has to be a yardstick,if i'm such a strange case.

Perfect formula for weight loss, here's mine for fatloss.

Cardio (at least the following: 3 times a week for 20 - 30 minutes) + Weightlifting (at least the following: 3 times a week for 30 - 40 minutes) Smaller meals eaten on regular basis that contain at least 20 grams of protein + Whole foods (real food and not processed rubbish) - Stress + More sleep = Fat Loss and Muscle Gain, resulting in a leaner and toned figure.

You don't need to lift weights though. Push-ups, pull ups and a good ab routine will get you where you want to be. The benefit to added muscle is that it increases your bmr but some people don't want to be buff cause too much muscle is gross. It's all about that tone in the chest, back, abs and butt.

diets are overrated. Everyone in canada used to have one of these on their refrigerator back in the days of Body Break

Attachments

• cfg_history_1992_one_small.gif
    cfg_history_1992_one_small.gif
    113.4 KB · Views: 1
diets are overrated.

+1

It's about leading a healthier lifestyle with a healthier diet overall. Dieting is a fad. Eating healthy is for life. Look at it that way and you'll pry have better success (to everyone in 'Merica).

That food guide is so shitty for weight loss, the amounts should be reversed.

You don't need to lift weights though. Push-ups, pull ups and a good ab routine will get you where you want to be. The benefit to added muscle is that it increases your bmr but some people don't want to be buff cause too much muscle is gross. It's all about that tone in the chest, back, abs and butt.

....the thread is primarily about the diet, bickelz.......

well...I'm afraid we've gotten so off topic in many posts, that I believe i've solved my conundrum after all....
I wasn't here to talk about all manner of diets ---- just to compare those that I listed in the very FIRST post.
I don't think many people have read what I read, otherwise most of us would be on the "same page" together.
I was asking for something specific.

The conundrum is solved;

Here was my letter, and Elizabeth's final letter to me today (Dr. Abravanel's co-author); even SHE did not listen to the full import of what I said in the first letter (stating I had hyperthyroidism - which is an endocrine disease.)

>>>>> Eilizabeth -- I have an endocrine problem. Are you and Dr. Abravanel advocating that I measure out ounce per ounce or at least gram for gram of the protien, rather than overeat? I would like something more specific, please. ~s

>>>>>I'm sorry to hear you have an endocrine problem. Please follow the advice of your health care provider. No, we don't advocate measuring out the protein. These are just guidelines, I.e. "about 4 ounces."
Elizabeth

I cannot fully participate in either Dr. A's diet nor Primal Blueprint until I am more well - but I can emphasise the white meats over the red meats for now, and that' about all I can do....plus combine Dr. A's exercise.

If anyone wants to get in touch about Dr. A's diet and how I followed it the first time, you can PM me.

Ta!

:m133: Ah.......humanity........I'm going on a retreat now.......before something get smashed (including me...)

....the thread is primarily about the diet, bickelz.......

Yeah, but I thought you said you wanted to lose like 60 pounds. You need exercise of that, not just diet. Unless you either want it to take forever or are starving yourself (literally).