Diet Intervention | INFJ Forum

Diet Intervention

Seraffa

Community Member
Feb 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Well....almost true to my North Node (Gemini) and my ASC (Virgo)......here I am facing some diets, 3 of which I have already read the books, from cover to cover.

In my heart, I want to merge them into a workable whole --- the parts that FIT, that is. I believe there are truths in all 3 of them that need to be followed. I will explain, but please go easy on me because it's going to be very mind-boggling planning on how to lose 62 pounds.....(need I say more?)

Dr.Abravanel's Body Type Diet
The Primal Blueprint
The Protien Power Diet

I have some "unfinished business" with all 3 but I can put my finger on the truths I noted in each....

1.) Dr. Abravanel's: I do believe in the "wait an interval before eating each meal", also the exercises for each of the 4 body types ( I had done one of the diets back in my 20's, and was very pleased with the results, and had less food intolerances back then) - I also like the yoga positions and the fact that different types of foods for each body type should be lessened or restricted altogether until "you've gotten to your healthy weight and balanced your endocrine system."
2.) The Primal Blueprint : I like what he says about protien because if you're morbidly overweight and have trouble with food intolerances, he's just going to link it all back to historical evidence of those very foods you can't tolerate now as being the foods that screw up the food Blueprint caveman's genes have passed on to us. not that I'm so rah-rah about 'we came from cavemen", though. And I like what he says about exercising the wrong way and the right way as far as intensity so that our bodies recognise their original "programming" and heal themselves.
3.) The Protien Power Diet: "yay" that we have medical evidence showing that grains and sweets have long caused chronic illness even from millenia ago! Again, these are the exact same things I have intolerances to now.

These books were written in this order: Dr. Abravanel's (1980's), Protien Power (1990's) and Primal Blueprint (recently)

If you want to get into this conversation with me, then a few paragraphs later I will list what I disagree with about each diet and a few things that would conflict with all the books thrown together. But I think I'm not too far away from the truth......and that I can more safely "edge into them" by taking a look at the physical exercise
before the conflicting food stuff is resolved.....
And besides, the exercise will help curb the appetite ....

Cardio(3-5 times a week for at least 45 mins)+Smaller Portions+Better Food-Stress+More Sleep = Weight Loss

Better food entails food with a lower glycemic index, more grains, nuts and fruits. Eat vegetables and things high in monounsaturated fats. The Mediterranean diet has a lot of this stuff. Watch the milk and red meat. Fish is amazing for you and so are chicken and turkey.

Did the books cover all of that? If not, you lost time and money.

Well....almost true to my North Node (Gemini) and my ASC (Virgo)......here I am facing some diets, 3 of which I have already read the books, from cover to cover.

In my heart, I want to merge them into a workable whole --- the parts that FIT, that is. I believe there are truths in all 3 of them that need to be followed. I will explain, but please go easy on me because it's going to be very mind-boggling planning on how to lose 62 pounds.....(need I say more?)

Dr.Abravanel's Body Type Diet
The Primal Blueprint
The Protien Power Diet

I have some "unfinished business" with all 3 but I can put my finger on the truths I noted in each....

1.) Dr. Abravanel's: I do believe in the "wait an interval before eating each meal", also the exercises for each of the 4 body types ( I had done one of the diets back in my 20's, and was very pleased with the results, and had less food intolerances back then) - I also like the yoga positions and the fact that different types of foods for each body type should be lessened or restricted altogether until "you've gotten to your healthy weight and balanced your endocrine system."
2.) The Primal Blueprint : I like what he says about protien because if you're morbidly overweight and have trouble with food intolerances, he's just going to link it all back to historical evidence of those very foods you can't tolerate now as being the foods that screw up the food Blueprint caveman's genes have passed on to us. not that I'm so rah-rah about 'we came from cavemen", though. And I like what he says about exercising the wrong way and the right way as far as intensity so that our bodies recognise their original "programming" and heal themselves.
3.) The Protien Power Diet: "yay" that we have medical evidence showing that grains and sweets have long caused chronic illness even from millenia ago! Again, these are the exact same things I have intolerances to now.

These books were written in this order: Dr. Abravanel's (1980's), Protien Power (1990's) and Primal Blueprint (recently)

If you want to get into this conversation with me, then a few paragraphs later I will list what I disagree with about each diet and a few things that would conflict with all the books thrown together. But I think I'm not too far away from the truth......and that I can more safely "edge into them" by taking a look at the physical exercise
before the conflicting food stuff is resolved.....
And besides, the exercise will help curb the appetite ....

Which one of these fits into Orthodox Lenten fasting?

Which one of these fits into Orthodox Lenten fasting?

I can't even restrict myself to vegan, Corndogman, because I have both food intolerances and 2 autoimmune illnesses that react badly to veganism. Sorry. I'm "outside the curve" until further notice.

Cardio(3-5 times a week for at least 45 mins)+Smaller Portions+Better Food-Stress+More Sleep = Weight Loss

Better food entails food with a lower glycemic index, more grains, nuts and fruits. Eat vegetables and things high in monounsaturated fats. The Mediterranean diet has a lot of this stuff. Watch the milk and red meat. Fish is amazing for you and so are chicken and turkey.

Did the books cover all of that? If not, you lost time and money.

......you haven't read these, I take it?

I can't even restrict myself to vegan, Corndogman, because I have both food intolerances and 2 autoimmune illnesses that react badly to veganism. Sorry. I'm "outside the curve" until further notice.

Its a tough business that is for sure. Its almost beyond vegan IMO. Like those people who eat sunlight.

Its a tough business that is for sure. Its almost beyond vegan IMO. Like those people who eat sunlight.

...yet so many tofu fudge cupcakes coming from every direction! lol

Reactions: the
Tell me what you disagree with.

Nope. But I'm pretty up to date on the matter of weight loss and obesity though.

when I was 62 pounds lighter I could tolerate grains. What kind of books have you read already?

Perfect formula for weight loss, here's mine for fatloss.

Cardio (at least the following: 3 times a week for 20 - 30 minutes) + Weightlifting (at least the following: 3 times a week for 30 - 40 minutes) Smaller meals eaten on regular basis that contain at least 20 grams of protein + Whole foods (real food and not processed rubbish) - Stress + More sleep = Fat Loss and Muscle Gain, resulting in a leaner and toned figure.

Last edited:
You know what dietary rule changed my life? It's this: 'if it came out of a box or a can, it's not food.'

I started basing my diet around that and the results have been fantastic. So what does that mean in terms of eating? Lean meats, a lot of water, healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, flax, fish oil, etc), mild-to-moderate consumption of fruits and a ton of fresh, green leafy vegetables. I consume almost a pound of veggies a day now thanks to awesomeness of juicers. Just today I had asparagus, red leaf lettuce, spinach and kale. If you don't like the taste, throw in some grapes or tomatos. I drink it three times a day.

I do have some exceptions - I eat quick oats because I need the carbs for working out. And sometimes I have whey protein powder. But other than that, it's lean meats, fruits and vegetables. Sugar, sodas, junk food, microwavealbe crap, pastries, beer...all gone. Anything processed and not able to be found in nature is out of my diet. It was hard the first week but the benefits are worth it. I can list three ailments (one of which is allegedly chronic) that were cured by eating this way.

Anyway, that type of diet is faily close to the "primal" one you mention. I think so, anyway. So I guess...that's my recomendation.

Question:

What if I have a big (not tucked) rear end with a pot belly?

......you have an extra problem........( maybe a secondary gland that has been exhausted in the process)

when I was 62 pounds lighter I could tolerate grains. What kind of books have you read already?

Haven't read books. I've seen the headlines from the newer studies coming out. I'm up to date on the theory about leptin tolerance. Other things have been mentioned by either a teacher or professor.

It sounds like you need a special diet of some sort so maybe this formula doesn't work for you. There are still other factors that need to be researched about weight loss. I can tell you that stress is one of the biggest factors though because it causes fat build up. And stress is ignored somewhat by many trying to lose weight.

Well Quinlan I disagree with Primal Blueprint's general feeling that one should eat as much protien as one feels like. I can ingest tons of food, period, and I think they have overlooked the very good system that Dr. Abravanel's has devised so that the endocrine system gets back into order with certain types and portions of protiens for each different body type. Less or no red meat for some.....more for others and so forth. Primal seems to think that whatever caveman caught and ate that day will be your blueprint, too. I don't think so. We are already a few millenia beyond that......historically speaking.

[strike]Cardio(3-5 times a week for at least 45 mins)[/strike]Short bursts of high intensity resistance/interval training (optional)+[strike]Smaller Portions[/strike] Forget about portions +Better Food (less carbs, more saturated fat) = Weight Loss

Fixed for me.

....and YET....on the other hand, I disagree with some of the more freehandedness associated with Dr. Abravanel's system (although I value the fact they have already portioned out the foods for you so you don't have to worry, looking at your menu each day.) Dr Abravanel's co author (he is retired ....don't ask me why),,,,is Elizabeth King Morrison. She wrote me this letter in response to my question:

Hi Sera.
The online post doesn't work if it is too long-it can't be longer than the box given. That could be why it isn't posting, perhaps.
To answer your question, the yogurt is fine instead of the milk. Many people do better with yogurt because of the enzymes. As far as the grains, there is not really a substitute-if you can't have any grains at all. Is there any possibility at all? Brown rice? Quinoa? It would be good if you could have something, but if you can't then you can just omit it and increase the protein a bit. I think as you get more balanced you will find you are able to eat some grains after all. Often that happens.
Best wishes,
Elizabeth

......Elizabeth does NOT say how much protien I should increase, or which type! Which is not helpful.....
because I can scarf up a lot of food in one sitting.......

I will come back to this tomorrow....have to run home to bed now because it is so cold outside...

Haven't read books. I've seen the headlines from the newer studies coming out. I'm up to date on the theory about leptin tolerance. Other things have been mentioned by either a teacher or professor.

It sounds like you need a special diet of some sort so maybe this formula doesn't work for you. There are still other factors that need to be researched about weight loss. I can tell you that stress is one of the biggest factors though because it causes fat build up. And stress is ignored somewhat by many trying to lose weight.

...I can think of a lot of things that would have to change as far as stress is concerned.....like, having a decent career (for one) ...without having to try and work 3 jobs to make ends meet......