Dating and INFJs | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Dating and INFJs

I guess what I was trying to say was that you should be comfortable with your self-perceived flaws, and remember that other people see you differently and may not even perceive them as flaws. If you are willing to admit your flaws to another person with a "so what, nobody's perfect" attitude they are much less likely to care, and it reflects well upon you as an open and honest person.

gotcha, ok, I take it back then. It's wonderful advice... I just didn't understand it :mrgreen:

It does wear on ya after a while. Honestly, though, I rarely meet men whose company I prefer to a good book. Harsh, but true. I am more of a homebody, although in recent months, I've made great strides in being more social. It's just frustrating when I do meet a man I'm interested in, very rarely is the interest reciprocated (at least it hasn't been to date). I seem, more often than not, to be relegated to the "friend" category.

Sounds alot like my situation.

Am I breaking down borders by actually asking girls out on dates?

I just got out of a three year relationship, and I've been going on a few dates.

I've found, that if you don't take interest in the girl, the dates can be explained as "overly pleasant". The conversation isn't intriguing, but it's polite. She doesn't envelope your attention, but she is tolerable. Ect.

I've just found it really awkward at best, and resigned myself to hopefully finding a relationship in someone I can be friends with first.

Been reading this thread and I gotta say that love has come to me when I least expected it too from a person that I did not think could love me but in the end she does. If we ever split up this old dog is going solo. I am sick and tired of the other sex judging me for what and who I am. I don't wanna change myself to be with anyone. Take me as I am. That's all I have to offer and it's all I can do.. I Never try to make anyone happy. It only makes me bitter and upset.

I just got out of a three year relationship, and I've been going on a few dates.

I've found, that if you don't take interest in the girl, the dates can be explained as "overly pleasant". The conversation isn't intriguing, but it's polite. She doesn't envelope your attention, but she is tolerable. Ect.

I've just found it really awkward at best, and resigned myself to hopefully finding a relationship in someone I can be friends with first.

You just described my last date.

I also seem to be judged a lot for what I do in my personal life, which I'm pretty tired of. You'd think in a liberal college town I'd meet people that didn't have rods in their asses.

I hear ya there. Been putting up with crap like that my whole life. It always seemed like they always had an opinion about what I was doing and I never asked them for it..Total hypocrites...

Been reading this thread and I gotta say that love has come to me when I least expected it too from a person that I did not think could love me but in the end she does. If we ever split up this old dog is going solo. I am sick and tired of the other sex judging me for what and who I am. I don't wanna change myself to be with anyone. Take me as I am. That's all I have to offer and it's all I can do.. I Never try to make anyone happy. It only makes me bitter and upset.

hahaha. i've had a bunch of guys who just didn't seem to understand the concept of layers, which was horrible because it's not something i mean to have, i just... have layers and i can't help it.

i notice that after i'm with a guy (previous to my current relationship) and slowly start to really open up to them, they are shocked that i'm not just this sweet, naive, simple-minded girl who can sit there and adore them for hours. and they don't like that, so they try to shape me into that. and like you, i've tried to make them happy, but it only left me upset.

so! no more of that
:laser:

Oh mermaid, you speak truth. I just don't get. Every one has layers, even if they don't take the time to consciously analyze their motivations and actions in life. How can a person be expected to be one dimensional?

Girls don't poop rainbows? :Cry:

my friend peter said to me that girls don't sweat, even. O_O

desert flower, exactly! it would suck to be one dimensional. things would get old very, very quickly.