Critique the Candidates | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Critique the Candidates

I think Zencat will get a laugh out of this.

http://buzzword101celebritynews.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/2czc1uabuzz.jpg

Palin: a great influence on children.

Hehe. I'm so transparent :mD:

"What's that Mommy? Why is it glowing?" "Hush darling, it's not polite to point." *steer child to safety*

I made this one yesterday for my Facebook page:
maverick.jpg

:ml: Superb. This thread was meant to be the "Critique" the Candidates thread, but "Trash" the Candidates works just as well.

*applause*

*throw undergarments*

:mclap:

Honestly, the way things are going, this election could lead to the next civil war if Obama wins. McCain supporters hate Obama as much as Obama supporters love him. And it just keeps getting more and more polarized.

:mclap:

Honestly, the way things are going, this election could lead to the next civil war if Obama wins. McCain supporters hate Obama as much as Obama supporters love him. And it just keeps getting more and more polarized.

I think no matter who wins, an escalation of the polarization is inevitable. I can't imagine that a win by McCain would carry any less chance of civil war (or some new mutation thereof) and would continue and exacerbate our already dangerous alienation from the rest of the world.

I just am more shaken by the thought of Palin taking for granted the assumption of Cheney's chair... as well as all of his self-extended powers than I am by any of the other (all terrible) threats both candidates pose.

Yeah, Palin scares me more than anything. The idea that McCain could keel over and give her the presidency makes me fear for our very rights, as well as the environment...

In Search of The Center

However we may feel about the individual candidates though, I do believe we're in a serious pendulum swing. I don't think we can find the middle until it swings forcefully back to the other side first.

The center - the middle - is what I'm interested in. We've been far too far to the right, in my opinion, and for far too long. If I'm understanding the "hate" of Obama correctly, it's because they assume he is a liberal and too far to the left (if I'm mistaken, please correct me).

At any rate, we have spent 8 years to the far right, and we need more balance (within our country and within the global community) than I feel a McCain administration can achieve or is interested in achieving.

I think a Democratic administration is really the only way to upset the stagnation, shift the focus, swing us the other way, with the long term goal of finding someone in the future who can lead from the middle.

By the way, I'm not an Obama groupie. He's not my main focus this election year.

There is also the historical precedent that Democrat presidencies have just been better for the economy.

From 1953 to 2006, average real GDP growth was 4.2 percent under Democrats and 2.8 percent under Republicans, said Benedikt Germanier, chief currency strategist in the U.S. at UBS AG in Stamford, Connecticut.

Stock prices have also tended to perform better under Democrats. Since 1900, the Dow Industrials have climbed 13.3 percent annually under Democrats versus just 7.1 percent under Republicans, Germanier said

http://www.reuters.com/article/reut...081008?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=10112

Hell, I could have told you that. Some years ago I conducted my own research of the strength of the american dollar verses other world currencies, where the democratic or republican parties were in office.

Democrats are good for the american dollar. Republicans aren't good for very much at all.

The Maverick image = awesome.

If I'm understanding the "hate" of Obama correctly, it's because they assume he is a liberal and too far to the left (if I'm mistaken, please correct me).

There are a lot of reasons why a lot of people hate Obama...

1 The William Ayers connection: Obama, when he was chair of a Chicago educational committee, used to work with William Ayers, who perpetrated some terrorists actions in the 60s against the United States (when Obama was 7). This allows some people who are against Obama to suggest that he is a terrorist or has terrorist connections.

2. Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac campaign contributions: Obama recieved over $120,000 of contributions from the mortgage giants whereas McCain only recieved $800 and McCain voted to add oversight to them a few years ago.

3. ACORN voter fraud association

4. The connection to Zbigniew Brzezinski who had associations with Hamas.

5. Accusations that he isn't a naturalized citizen of the United States.

Last edited:
There are a lot of reasons why a lot of people hate Obama...

1 The William Ayers connection: Obama, when he was chair of a Chicago educational committee, used to work with William Ayers, who perpetrated some terrorists actions in the 60s against the United States (when Obama was 7). This allows some people who are against Obama to suggest that he is a terrorist or has terrorist connections.

2. Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac campaign contributions: Obama recieved over $120,000 of contributions from the mortgage giants whereas McCain only recieved $800 and McCain voted to add oversight to them a few years ago.

3. ACORN voter fraud association

4. The connection to Zbigniew Brzezinski who had associations with Hamas.

5. Accusations that he isn't a naturalized citizen of the United States.

You realize anyone with Google who listens to half the airtime of NPR I do could could dismiss those and fill the space with five McCain/Palin "crimes" to take their place, right?

Man, don't you just love this country? Kid becomes a terrorist at age 7 and grows up to be the Democratic Nominee for President :attention:

Satya, the road upon which all my thoughts on this election ride leads here:

John McCain is a 72 year old man with melanoma.
Melanoma can almost always be cured in its early stages. But it is likely to spread to other parts of the body if it is not caught early. Melanoma is much less common than basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers, but it is far more serious.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_2_1X_What_is_melanoma_skin_cancer_50.asp?rnav=cri
Since John McCain refuses to release his medical records, the public has no way of knowing if there have been any developments in his cancer since his lymph node operation 8 years ago. There can be debilitating, incapacitating side effects of melanoma, as well as considerable risk of death, particularly in a man of his age.

...the average American man lives 5.3 fewer years than does the average woman. In 2003, male life expectancy was 74.8 years. Female life expectancy was 80.1 years.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mens-health/MC00013
So we have a 72 year old man with cancer, less than 3 years from his gender/nationality life expectancy, who has nominated Sarah Palin as his deputy. As the one who will take control of this country in the event he is debilitated, incapacitated, or dies.

I considered him an honorable man, prior to that nomination. I considered him a hero, even. Now I see him as an angry, desperate old man, deep in denial regarding his own mortality, with not enough foresight or concern for those of us left behind to nominate a capable, professional Vice President to carry on in his place.

That decision, in my opinion, robbed him of all credibility, all honor, all integrity, and all wisdom, with regard to this election. And it shows, in how he is allowing his campaign to be run.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be surprising for the rest of the world to see Palin in charge of the US, we've come to expect that sort of standard after two terms of Bush.

You realize anyone with Google who listens to half the airtime of NPR I do could could dismiss those and fill the space with five McCain/Palin "crimes" to take their place, right?

Man, don't you just love this country? Kid becomes a terrorist at age 7 and grows up to be the Democratic Nominee for President :attention:
Ironic that you would say it. This guy has been creating and posting videos on youtube for awhile now where he argues the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-3C0v8eVfw

It wouldn't be surprising for the rest of the world to see Palin in charge of the US, we've come to expect that sort of standard after two terms of Bush.

How beautifully you illustrate my point.

I'm American, born and raised. While both of my grandfathers emigrated here from Ireland, my maternal grandmother's family has been in America for almost 200 years.

This is not my America.