Creative Types Test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Creative Types Test

The Dreamer
I don't know how much I relate to it because the language is a bit too fluffy for me to resonate with.

Same. How do you find it? I think it's a curse; at least most of the time.
Only when you see something others don't, that they don't want to believe or something that you shouldn't see. I rather think I'm the better for it. It suits the HD description of the Projector, with the divine quest to teach others. But I'm not pretentious, I know I'm not meant to be a teacher, nor am I of the opinion that what I perceive is always right or has to be blasted out in order to enrich myself.

Why are the Thinkers not actually posting their description?
Pure and unadulterated laziness. I simply figured someone else would. And I wasn't so wrong after all :)

Only when you see something others don't, that they don't want to believe or something that you shouldn't see. I rather think I'm the better for it. It suits the HD description of the Projector, with the divine quest to teach others. But I'm not pretentious, I know I'm not meant to be a teacher, nor am I of the opinion that what I perceive is always right or has to be blasted out in order to enrich myself.
I prefer your way of looking at it. :laughing:

Screenshot_20211119-104532_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-105008_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-105030_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211119-105057_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Regarding work, this sounds about right. I am typically an 'all or nothing' person. Having read through 'The Dreamer', there are certainly aspects which speak to the initial steps of my creative process, but I can't leave work 'undone' that I have started. It is usually done to a level of depth or intricacy that is not required or set by others, but fits my own standard I set for myself on what I deem acceptable for what I know I can put forth. I will work with laser focus until it is done. I don't do well with multitasking, unless it is a component of the core project and parsed out into doable chunks to a level of fulfillment I'm okay with. I hold disdain for busy work/time-fillers that don't contribute to the overall product/project, or could be avoided in lieu of alternative means (meetings that could have been summed up in email, for example).

Thank you for posting The Visionary. Quite a bit of it is relatable.

I have related to all of them save The Producer. That is not me. Having to be The Maker (in the past) in order to eat was always a challenge, even if I did it well enough to be considered good at it. You don’t generally get paid to be The Visionary, but I sure have frustrated the living piss out of quite a few Producers because I always found a better way, and I wasn’t there for that.

How do you think you could address taking daily action?

What I am about to say is not sarcastic, but on account of my ADHD...60mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate. Without it I will daydream all day. With it, I have a fighting chance.

All my childhood report cards said something to the effect of “Ian is a pleasure to have in class, but he daydreams too much.”

Part of that is the severe degree of my primarily inattentive presentation. As an adult, I do fairly well at reigning that in, but if I am honest about it, unmedicated I would be content to lay in a field of flowers and be entertained by my brain all day, imagining things.

Cheers,
Ian

but I sure have frustrated the living piss out of quite a few Producers because I always found a better way, and I wasn’t there for that.

Hahahaha. This is relatable. I do this a lot and sometimes it isn't appreciated.

All my childhood report cards said something to the effect of “Ian is a pleasure to have in class, but he daydreams too much.”

Also relatable. XD. I wasn't always daydreaming, but I definitely wasn't obediently staring at the teacher.

Part of that is the severe degree of my primarily inattentive presentation. As an adult, I do fairly well at reigning that in, but if I am honest about it, unmedicated I would be content to lay in a field of flowers and be entertained by my brain all day, imagining things.

Do you take days off from medication and allow yourself to do this? It seems like it would be good for you to do sometimes.

Do you take days off from medication and allow yourself to do this? It seems like it would be good for you to do sometimes.

Not if I can help it, because then I am in my natural (disabled/addled) state, plus I’m dealing with the withdrawal effects, which aren’t bad, but it does mean sleeping ~14 hours that night.

I can still daydream when medicated, it’s just that I can stop and do something else if I need/want to.

Plus, Dexedrine paradoxically calms me and has significant positive effects on my mood. As someone with lifelong dysthymia, this is absolutely welcomed.

It’s kinda like needing glasses. I can attempt to function without, but why would I?

Cheers,
Ian

My result: The Maker
  • Creative Strengths: Focus and dedication, ability to achieve mastery
  • Untapped Potential: Taking creative risks, finding joy and play in the process
  • Ideal Collaborator: The Visionary
Driven, focused, and dedicated to the creative process, the MAKER has mastered the art of manifesting ideas and visions in three-dimensional form. Society greatly benefits from the work of MAKER types, who develop the systems, structures, tools, and innovations that the rest of us rely on.

One of the hardest workers of all the types, the MAKER is almost always busy solving problems, making headway on personally meaningful goals, and completing projects. There are few things that bring you more satisfaction than applying your brain power to crafting things and making progress in any form. You tend to excel in design, crafts, architecture, and other fields that blend artistry with business and technology.

You’re driven by tangible results, and you know how to deliver. A quiet type, you enjoy collaboration but generally prefer to work alone so you can focus on your own creative process.

You know how to play the long game, and you’re not afraid to do the unglamorous legwork that goes into building something of value over time. Your gifts of focus and dedication can lead to achieving mastery and coming to be seen by others as an authority in your field.

Your biggest challenge? To connect more deeply with your intuition and emotions in order to bring forth ever more authentic and original work. Productivity is only half the equation of doing great work—the other half is inspiration. Creating the space to dream, imagine, and play can keep your work from becoming rote and mechanical.

Combine forces with the enterprising VISIONARY to take your creativity to new heights. The VISIONARY’s soaring imagination gives you permission to dream bigger and envision the impossible—and to fearlessly risk failure in order to make it a reality.
-------------------------------------------------

:openmouth:This actually might fit me.

• Creative Strengths: Focus and dedication, ability to achieve mastery
  • Untapped Potential: Taking creative risks, finding joy and play in the process
  • Ideal Collaborator: The Visionary
Driven, focused, and dedicated to the creative process, the MAKER has mastered the art of manifesting ideas and visions in three-dimensional form. Society greatly benefits from the work of MAKER types, who develop the systems, structures, tools, and innovations that the rest of us rely on.

One of the hardest workers of all the types (lol, I'm procrastinating so hard right now), the MAKER is almost always busy solving problems, making headway on personally meaningful goals, and completing projects. There are few things that bring you more satisfaction than applying your brain power to crafting things and making progress in any form. You tend to excel in design, crafts, architecture, and other fields that blend artistry with business and technology.

You’re driven by tangible results, and you know how to deliver. A quiet type, you enjoy collaboration but generally prefer to work alone so you can focus on your own creative process.

You know how to play the long game, and you’re not afraid to do the unglamorous legwork that goes into building something of value over time. Your gifts of focus and dedication can lead to achieving mastery and coming to be seen by others as an authority in your field.

Your biggest challenge? To connect more deeply with your intuition and emotions in order to bring forth ever more authentic and original work. Productivity is only half the equation of doing great work—the other half is inspiration. Creating the space to dream, imagine, and play can keep your work from becoming rote and mechanical.

Combine forces with the enterprising VISIONARY to take your creativity to new heights. The VISIONARY’s soaring imagination gives you permission to dream bigger and envision the impossible—and to fearlessly risk failure in order to make it a reality.

This was a cool test, loved the little creative animations. <3

View attachment 85256

Yep, this would fit me well, I think.

Also a dreamer :)

• Creative StrengthsConnection to emotions and imagination, empathy and sensitivity
  • Untapped PotentialUsing dreams to fuel real-world action
  • Ideal CollaboratorThe Innovator
The world is a place of beauty and magic in the eyes of a DREAMER. Where others see facts and figures, you see symbols, metaphors, and hidden meanings.

You’re deeply emotional and intuitive, with a vivid imagination—the quintessential idealist and romantic. The inner world is always where you’ve felt most at home. You’re happy to roam your mental landscape of thoughts, emotions, and fantasies for hours on end.

You’re naturally drawn to express your inner world through literary pursuits, music, and the visual arts. Think of yourself as the “magical realist” of the creative types: like the literary masters of that genre, you naturally infuse your everyday life with the beauty and wonder of the imagination.

Your greatest gift is your depth of sensitivity and empathy, which allows you to give voice to universal human emotions in a way that touches people on a profound level. Your greatest challenge is learning to balance dreaming with disciplined action—which starts with coming back to the present moment. Let your mind roam free, DREAMER, but don’t forget to return to the here and now. Practicing mindfulness will go a long way in helping you turn your dreams into reality.

Seek out opportunities to collaborate with INNOVATOR types, who combine your lofty idealism with a focus on pragmatic solutions. The grounding energy of the INNOVATOR can inspire you to apply your imagination to real-world change.

ARTIST
  • Creative StrengthAbility to bring ideas and concepts to life
  • Untapped PotentialBecoming totally fearless in your expression
  • Ideal CollaboratorThe Producer
As an ARTIST, you need to create in order to feel truly alive. Full of ideas and visions, you’re driven by the desire to express yourself and transform the world around you.

The ARTIST type lives in the space between the inner and outer worlds, and your gift is the ability to powerfully manifest what’s inside of you. That’s not always an easy task, but with it comes the capacity to create works that speak to others on a deep level and inspire new ways of seeing the world.

With your love of beauty and your connection to the senses, you have a strong aesthetic orientation and you crave well-designed environments. Whatever creative field you end up pursuing, you tend to work best on your own and crave the independence that lets you freely follow your creative impulses. You’re at home in a state of flow—easily becoming so engrossed in whatever project you’re working on that you lose all sense of time and space.

Your biggest challenge is working through creative blocks stemming from your emotional nature. You know well that in the “war of art,” fear and self-doubt are your biggest enemies. Practice diplomacy instead of waging war, and you’ll learn to turn enemies into trusted allies pointing you in the direction of creative greatness; in other words, listening to your fear can tell you exactlywhat you need to do.

Together, the ARTIST and the PRODUCER form a powerful creative duo with the vision and drive to manifest ideas on a large scale. Seek out collaborations with the dynamic and pragmatic PRODUCER to amplify your impact and take your projects across the finish line.