Could you stop being an INFJ? How much does can your personality change? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Could you stop being an INFJ? How much does can your personality change?

You cant change your type lol

I know thats breif...thats just what i think...please dont qoute me.

Uh, what?
It appears to me that JF Kennedy was a INFJ. He seems very different, because of the influence of his father in his growth. He looks like a born extroverted.
Jimmy Carter also is to me a INFJ. They both look and act very different than what it is supposed from a INFJ. Or it might be just my impression :)

Last edited:
It appears to me that JF Kennedy was a INFJ. He seems very different, because of the influence of his father in his growth. He looks like a born extroverted.
Jimmy Carter also is to me a INFJ. They both look and act very different than what it is supposed from a INFJ. Or it might be just my impression :)

Okay...

I'd like to again point out the caveat that 'extroverted' in typology is not the same as 'gregarious' or 'charismatic.' Anyone can be trained to be a good speaker or present a certain public image. That doesn't mean your entire personality has changed because you've become good at making public appearances. If you're 'born extroverted' than technically, you'd be an extrovert.

Unless, of course, you continue to insist on typological extrovert = outgoing in which case, you're missing a number of important details.

Either way, I personally don't know what type JFK or Jimmy Carter were, as I think politicians in general are in the business of presenting an appealing public persona, but I'm confused by your statement. You typed them as INFJ, but then claimed that they don't act like INFJ to you. Could it be possible that you haven't typed them correctly? Or haven't factored in PR magic? Or... I really don't know.

Last edited:
Between the ages of 19 and 21 I went through a period of masking my true feelings and self to fit in.
I had just started university and instead of using that opportunity to reinvent myself authentically, I adopted new masks.
In hindsight, it was pretty dumb. However, I met good friends in the long run that perhaps I wouldn't have otherwise.
Most of my social interaction involved alcohol or other substances at that point so I believed I was that person.
I was deeply unhappy when I was on my own and yet still cherished that time and, I feel, eventually used it wisely.
I used to test as ENTP and that was giving 'honest' answers. My honesty was based on something of a delusion but it was my 'personality'.

I tested as an ENTP my sophomore year of high school. You could say that I was fed up by people running over me so I snapped into...character. AND THIS WAS WITHOUT DRUGS!
But after school, I just crashed in my room for 2+ hours because being an extrovert in an introvert body is HARD WORK.

Okay...

I'd like to again point out the caveat that 'extroverted' in typology is not the same as 'gregarious' or 'charismatic.' Anyone can be trained to be a good speaker or present a certain public image. That doesn't mean your entire personality has changed because you've become good at making public appearances. If you're 'born extroverted' than technically, you'd be an extrovert.

Unless, of course, you continue to insist on typological extrovert = outgoing in which case, you're missing a number of important details.
Agree. Althought JF kennedy appeared as a extrovert, he himself revealed in a discussion that he would rather "read a book than talk with somebody next to him".

Either way, I personally don't know what type JFK or Jimmy Carter were, as I think politicians in general are in the business of presenting an appealing public persona, but I'm confused by your statement. You typed them as INFJ, but then claimed that they don't act like INFJ to you.
Yes. Subtle cues and visual signals point them as being INFJs, and especialy their eyes. Introverted Intuitives have a very specific look, sharp, penetrative, sometimes "zoned-out", intense and have a hypnotic quality to them, as if bored and steady. Also their eyes lead by the direction of their face, eye-centric, and they are the most prevailing aspect of the face, as if the eyes are independent from the rest of the face.
Here is a site where visual identification is explained very clear: http://cognitivetype.com/index.html

Could it be possible that you haven't typed them correctly?
Yes. I mention that other people had typed them as being INFJs also.

Or haven't factored in PR magic?
I don't know what that means.

Or... I really don't know.
Is just typing based on my experience. I could be wrong tough.

Agree. Althought JF kennedy appeared as a extrovert, he himself revealed in a discussion that he would rather "read a book than talk with somebody next to him".

I hope that's not the only basis on which one differentiates introvert versus extrovert *grin*

Yes. Subtle cues and visual signals point them as being INFJs, and especialy their eyes. Introverted Intuitives have a very specific look, sharp, penetrative, sometimes "zoned-out", intense and have a hypnotic quality to them, as if bored and steady. Also their eyes lead by the direction of their face, eye-centric, and they are the most prevailing aspect of the face, as if the eyes are independent from the rest of the face.
Here is a site where visual identification is explained very clear: http://cognitivetype.com/index.html

That sounds very interesting and I've read a few articles on visual cues and MBTI. That in itself seems like a whole new theory, mapping the visual to the cognitive clues. I'd love to read more up on it, unfortunately, the website you shared is under construction. Most of the links were either timed out, under construction or coming soon.

I don't know what that means.

PR magic = Public Relations. Most politicians and celebrities are heavily groomed for the camera and public appearances. A lot of the gestures are learned and practiced. They're taught where to look, what to say, how to modulate their voice, how to hold themselves, etc. Very little is candid, even on the campaign trail. The camera also edits and cuts and dices out parts of appearance for public consumption.