Could Jesus have sinned? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Could Jesus have sinned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=11142]SovereignGrace[/MENTION]

LOL you're a Bill Gaede.

Edit: Yeah now that I think of it you really are a Bill Gaede. I've talked to that man personally and you're so much like him.

We made the mistake thinking you can be reasoned with but you sooooo cannot, no matter what. You're only slightly less insulting that Gaede is but otherwise, you're him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
There's putting the fear of God into somebody and then there's putting the fear of nutters into them... sometimes I think some people are Christian so they can feel righteous while they condemn people to the fire (or just to be able to), and don't care about anything else but putting others into it... God did use such people so long as they were kept on a short leash.:D Pretty merciful, indeed (I'm still here though sometimes I wonder if it's just attachment). I guess we're all at different points along the journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
There's putting the fear of God into somebody and then there's putting the fear of nutters into them... sometimes I think some people are Christian so they can feel righteous while they condemn people to the fire (or just to be able to), and don't care about anything else but putting others into it... God did use such people so long as they were kept on a short leash.:D Pretty merciful, indeed (I'm still here though sometimes I wonder if it's mercy or just attachment). I guess we're all at different points along the journey.

I'm not condemning anyone, I'm obeying the God-given command to warn about the wrath to come.

I've consistently pointed to Christ as the only hope of salvation, and the need to flee God's wrath against sin.

If you believed it was true, you would warn them as well.

You just don't believe that it's true.

Reactions: Kanamori
I'm not condemning anyone, I'm obeying the God-given command to warn about the wrath to come.

I've consistently pointed to Christ as the only hope of salvation, and the need to flee God's wrath against sin.

If you believed it was true, you would warn them as well.

You just don't believe that it's true.

You don’t believe what God said is true...that He sent his son to save the whole world...if anyone here is twisting the words of the Bible to fit their own agenda it is YOU.

Keep believing that you are saved...hold tightly to that hatred you have for all those who are so much more ignorant that you are.

We shall see in the end what happens.

Once again...don’t start threads and ask for opinions of others if you are already so sure of the answer...that is just petty.

I used to think of you as a Christian of some sort.

And now that you now that I don't think Mary is sinless, or believe in original sin you think I'm not?

There's putting the fear of God into somebody and then there's putting the fear of nutters into them... sometimes I think some people are Christian so they can feel righteous while they condemn people to the fire (or just to be able to), and don't care about anything else but putting others into it... God did use such people so long as they were kept on a short leash.:D Pretty merciful, indeed (I'm still here though sometimes I wonder if it's just attachment). I guess we're all at different points along the journey.
I don't think God has ever used such people. In the Bible they are called the ones who deceive themselfs.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

This thread has long since passed being anything remotely close to conversation, I'm mildly surprised no mods have stepped in and asked for things to calm down. And While I need to thank all of the forum members who have stepped up to bat for me, it's time to step away from this thread. I'm closing it and I'm going to ask any forum members here not to carry any resentment you may have towards me or Sovereign Grace(or any other members for that matter) into other threads of the forum, especially our christian members as these fights do not advance the kingdom of God and only make earth a little more hellish.

If anyone has more comments they'd like to direct at me, positive, negative or otherwise feel free to write on my wall, or pm me if you prefer something private.

And while I can't speak for Sovereign Grace, I'm fairly sure that he would feel similarly.

This thread has long since passed being anything remotely close to conversation, I'm mildly surprised no mods have stepped in and asked for things to calm down. And While I need to thanks all of the forum members who have steppe up to bat for me, it's time to step away from this thread. I'm closing it and I'm going to ask any forum members here not to carry any resentment towards me or Sovereign Grace(or any other members) into other threads of the forum, especially our christian members as this fights do not advance the kingdom of God and only make earth a little more hellish.

If anyone has more comments they'd like to direct at me, positive, negative or otherwise feel free to write on my wall of pm me if you prefer something private.

And while I can't speak for Sovereign Grace, I'm fairly sure that he would feel similarly.

Just curious....

What do you mean by "closing this thread"?

Are you going to ask the Mods to close it?

Or do you mean you're just going to absent yourself from it?

Again, just curious.

It doesn't matter to me if this thread gets closed.

And I have no ill will towards you or anyone else. It's just a fact that all of you are lost.

A sad fact, but a fact, nonetheless.

But there is still time to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will abundantly pardon.

Just curious....

What do you mean by "closing this thread"?

Are you a Mod?

Are you going to ask the Mods to close it?

Or do you mean you're just going to absent yourself from it?

Again, just curious.

It doesn't matter to me if this thread gets closed.

And I have no ill will towards you or anyone else. It's just a fact that all of you are lost.

A sad fact, but a fact, nonetheless.

But there is still time to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will abundantly pardon.

It used to be that forum members were able to close there own threads, that apparently doesn't hold true anymore, so I've asked a mod to close it.

I'm sure you bear no I'll will, But I can imagine you'd agree that this thread is doing little to advance God's kingdom.

It used to be that forum members were able to close there own threads, that apparently doesn't hold true anymore, so I've asked a mod to close it.

I'm sure you bear no I'll will, But I can imagine you'd agree that this thread is doing little to advance God's kingdom.

No, I think it's done plenty to advance the kingdom.

It's exposed heresies and false prophets.

Plenty of truth also, has been posted.

The fact that people aren't being "converted" means nothing.

The truth stands as it is, and God never intended to save the whole world, and only those elected from eternity will believe.

The rest will be damned for not believing on Christ, whether they heard the Gospel or not.

The Gospel still must be preached to everyone, when opportunity is given by God, and God's purposes are always accomplished.

It's hard for me to believe you asked such a question without thinking about the blowback. I was offended just by the question.

And where will you be?

A good man whom was raised as a Buddhist...who has done only good in his lifetime...who has helped the poor...who was not self-righteous...who by all standards was a truly good man will NOT go to Hell. (I’m not talking about myself btw)
It is impossible for a man to do good and not be self-righteous. this is written in the Bible.
"All your good deeds are like filthy rags" - Issaiah 64:6
And, if he would not be self-righteous, that means he would be...God righteous. Is your Buddhist God-righteous ?

This would make God incredibly unjust...and just is one of the attributes that God is said to be.
It doesn't make God unjust....by contrary, it makes Him Just, as He is always.

Did God strike the men down where they stood after they killed Jesus? No he did not...because the law had changed
The Law has never changed, and is impossible even for God to chnage the Law. Why? Because the Law is a expression of the moral nature of God. So for God to change the Law, that means God to change Himself, which is again impossible, or the other option, God to have multiple personalities. But God is always consistent with His own nature. Otherwise< he would cease to be God. But that again is impossible, for God can not cease to be God...His attributes are the only unchangeable truth.

You said the Law was changed...and that is wrong. The Law has been fulfilled, by the death of Jesus Christ. Here it is:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” Matthew 5:17

it is no longer an eye for an eye as you would like it to be...it is to turn the other cheek and love one another as I have love you.
That is true, but the context that you see is wrong, and thus your understanding is wrong. The true context is different.
I don't know to explain exactly where you are wrong, but I will think to it and give you the answer.

the old testament also says it’s okay to have slaves...but do we still follow that?
Even the New Testament say this in quite a few places. Paul exhorts the slaves to be in submission to their masters. So I don't think you are correct.

You are only preaching segregation and hate.
Not the love that Jesus taught.
While Sovereign Grace is a bit harsh and not really wise in my opinion (and I'm sory to say this [MENTION=11142]SovereignGrace[/MENTION]), most of the things he says are true. And most certainly he doesn't preach any hate.

It's hard for me to believe you asked such a question without thinking about the blowback. I was offended just by the question.

Yeah, I mean, if you're a Christian, then why even plant the seed of doubt about whether Christ is capable of sin?

It's not a debatable subject. Christ is sinless. He has a sinless nature. Therefore, he is entirely incapable of sin.

This totally unbiblical, Post-modern idea about having a "conversation" instead of declaring the truth of the Bible--it's just another tool of Satan to keep people in doubt about God.

Barnabas is a false prophet, but there's still hope. God may still save him yet.

The question of this thread isn't the problem, and though you were offended, no one should fear to ask questions that may offend the sensibilities of their peers. The problem in this thread is related to the nature of how this forums members have acted and reacted to one another(myself included.)

Topics like:

Calvinism
Pelagianism
Augustinianism
Original Sin
Total Depravity
The nature of Sin

As well as other long held and newly created doctrines should be discussed openly without fear of beration, whether you agree or disagree. If things are not challenged and tempered then old things which were never true may go without on without impediment, while new insights are never given the light of day.

The question of this thread isn't the problem, and though you were offended, no one should fear to ask questions that may offend the sensibilities of their peers. The problem in this thread is related to the nature of how this forums members have acted and reacted to one another(myself included.)

Topics like:

Calvinism
Pelagianism
Augustinianism
Original Sin
Total Depravity
The nature of Sin

As well as other long held and newly created doctrines should be discussed openly without fear of beration, whether you agree or disagree. If things are not challenged and tempered then old things which were never true may go without on without impediment, while new insights are never given the light of day.

No, its not about how people acted.

It's about truth and error.

Asking questions isn't the problem either.

But it should be expected that not everyone's going to be wishy-washy. Some people are going to have CONVICTIONS.

And so it should be expected that people with convictions will speak up when the SINLESSNESS of CHRIST is challenged.

Right?

Jesus assuming he was real would have to have been exceptionally ignorant to sin considering he was the ONLY person on earth to truly know the end outcome of sinning. Life was easy for Jesus, who couldnt be devine when life was that easy?
But almost all people know the oucome of sinning, which is judgement, so I don't think your argument makes sense.

You don't even have to know Christianity or the Bible to know that making bad leads to punishment and suffering.
That's why we have conscience. The conscience is our witness.

Romas 2:15
in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

Thus no man is with excuse before God. Had you not heard of the goespel of Jesus Christ? Had you never understood it correctly?
Had you never heard of a Almighty One, the Creator of all things, the One who judges in perfect Justice? Have you not heard any of these?
Good, then you will be judged anyway. According to your conscience. Your own conscience is the Law. This is how God will judge the ignorants, according to their conscience.

I've found that a handy prayer to have is to ask to be corrected whenever you need it or it furthers yourself. Of course, it is painful, but less than the alternative. Unless you are saying you're sinless and God, you might try it out.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]
It may appear that my reply to you is somehow disrespectful, but I assure is not my intention at all. I've noticed I tend to argumentate so as it is appearing as I speaking very directly, especialy in hypothetical discussion that ilustrate a truth, like this one is:

Had you not heard of the goespel of Jesus Christ? Had you never understood it correctly?
Had you never heard of a Almighty One, the Creator of all things, the One who judges in perfect Justice? Have you not heard any of these?
Good, then you will be judged anyway. According to your conscience. Your own conscience is the Law.

This is just retorical, is not directed at you. I hope you can see what I mean.

What do you expect? A few moments ago you wanted to close this thread. Most people can see where something like this will lead. Do you like pushing people around with their feelings? Think it's good for them? Let them decide that.

Status
Not open for further replies.