Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 89 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

He keeps trying to push his false narrative that he's the hero. That he has done everything right.
I know that we on the west coast are not having it. king donny the first is about to find out he is not the emperor he believes himself to be. . Right now he is finding out that his lying has and end point, and we have reach it. . even fox is done with his shit. .

Loved the part with Pepe.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Does everyone agree the quarantine will last until at least July?

People I talk to seem to not understand the reality of the situation in real life

People I talk to seem to not understand the reality of the situation in real life

Social distancing could continue into 2022 so who knows, rushing to normal could cause a larger second wave as extroverts are bored back to work and everyone worried about making ends meet isn't going to help. As for the school systems those zoom classes are probably causing people to end up with ptsd. More concerned with the long term fallout from all this rather than the virus.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/04/14/science.abb5793

93626792_3737603812981002_9101220405292564480_n.jpg

Reactions: Sandie33
At a certain point the country does have to reopen though.

During the Spanish flu, once an outbreak was under control the area was reopened with people wearing masks and other measures. There would be surges in outbreaks but eventually it stopped. Reading a lot about it lately very interesting in how it mirrors today.

The reason we will not see the same amount of deaths as we did during the Spanish flu is due to better communication systems on a global level and better sanitation/ health care technology.

So although the behavioral patterns are helpful to observe we are much better equipped modernly to handle it.

Much of what is going on is fear mongering.

Yes, there will be deaths. Yes limiting contact will help to stagger the deaths and possibly prevent some. But for the virus to go away, unless a vaccine is developed, it has to run through the population. It just has to.

These people will cause it to last much longer Slant. It may not be such a strict lockdown everywhere, but it will be continual until the science catches up to it.

Looking at what happened in the confines of NYC and its death toll, (it's a port city which was the root of the large numbers of cases, the same with NJ), however, the close confines of a large city has the potentiality to effect other large cities across the country in the same manner unless people become aware of the virus and how it spreads.

Until there is a way to know who has antibodies, who are asymptomatic carriers, and the high risk populations in general I believe we are going to keep revisiting breakouts. Let's hope they can develop a vaccine, like the flu shot, or the mumps/measles/rubella inoculations so the population can have a fighting chance against the virus.

Social distancing could continue into 2022 so who knows, rushing to normal could cause a larger second wave as extroverts are bored back to work and everyone worried about making ends meet isn't going to help. As for the school systems those zoom classes are probably causing people to end up with ptsd. More concerned with the long term fallout from all this rather than the virus.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/04/14/science.abb5793

Nah, I think its highly unlikely social distancing goes beyond November. Maybe early 2021 if we have to wait for the vaccine too long.

Businesses reopen around May/June because its what Trump wants and to be fair, the economy is stalled and needs to restart before thousands of businesses collapse.

Life won't be fully back to normal until 2021 but the worst will be over by November with moderate normality resuming in May/June.

Yep :wink:
And WTF is up with Jered and Priness Trump being leads on the taskforce team? She can't even sell a used cheap clothing line without the WH stage and she's going to have a say in getting us back to work?
Hmmmph, I bought the popcorn. :tearsofjoy:

These people will cause it to last much longer Slant. It may not be such a strict lockdown everywhere, but it will be continual until the science catches up to it.

Looking at what happened in the confines of NYC and its death toll, (it's a port city which was the root of the large numbers of cases, the same with NJ), however, the close confines of a large city has the potentiality to effect other large cities across the country in the same manner unless people become aware of the virus and how it spreads.

Until there is a way to know who has antibodies, who are asymptomatic carriers, and the high risk populations in general I believe we are going to keep revisiting breakouts. Let's hope they can develop a vaccine, like the flu shot, or the mumps/measles/rubella inoculations so the population can have a fighting chance against the virus.

This is the advantage of the US over the UK.

You can open regions of the US one by one with each State governer controlling when to open as appropriate.

Countries like the UK are all or nothing so my family down in the South-West are treated the same as London which doesn't really work considering its a fraction of the population density.

Countries like the UK are all or nothing so my family down in the South-West are treated the same as London which doesn't really work considering its a fraction of the population density.
I'm thinking this will apply similarly in the Central US. There are many states that have a few hundred cases, yet townships with none.
It will be interesting to see how things roll out in the next 4-6 weeks.

I'm thinking this will apply similarly in the Central US. There are many states that have a few hundred cases, yet townships with none.
It will be interesting to see how things roll out in the next 4-6 weeks.

Indeed. One of the things I love about the US is more levels of government.

In CA we get updates from the Fed, the State and the County Level authorities.

The fact that all levels have a degree of decision making power is highly democractic and I have huge respect for that. Its part of why I look forward to being a citizen.

In the UK we get a vote every 4/5 years for Parliament representative and every 4/5 years for a local government representative which is basically just there to take the blame when Parliament doesn't provide enough funding.

Last election the wife got to vote for President, Sentate, Congress, County, and City officials whilst also voting on Proposals at State and City level around funding and social issues locally.

I'm amazed the amount of power the average US citizen has, which is why I look forward to having that priviledge myself.

Nah, I think its highly unlikely social distancing goes beyond November. Maybe early 2021 if we have to wait for the vaccine too long.

Businesses reopen around May/June because its what Trump wants and to be fair, the economy is stalled and needs to restart before thousands of businesses collapse.

Life won't be fully back to normal until 2021 but the worst will be over by November with moderate normality resuming in May/June.
Based on my research, reading books modernly written on pandemics as well as the history of the Spanish flu this seems the most accurate. I agree.

There is this awful thing where the media is sensationalizing it and online there are conspiracy theories,
But the governments and business owners are downplaying it due to financial incentives. There is also a lot of protectionism going on... This idea that we can control a pandemic more than we are actually capable of doing.

Staying quarantined until we get a vaccine is unrealistic. It has terrible ramifications. Flattening the curve, then gradually reopening cities with precautions then closing up again when infections spike.... This is the solution. This is the smart thing to do.

It will come back in the winter. That's what happens with these pandemics. People's immune systems get weaker and it starts it up again. But ideally after the winter outbreak herd immunity will have been developed.

Each swelling of it will have less and less people dying as the population acclimates to the virus.

The economic and emotional ramifications of keeping isolation going into a vaccine found is unaffordable.

Indeed. One of the things I love about the US is more levels of government.

In CA we get updates from the Fed, the State and the County Level authorities.

The fact that all levels have a degree of decision making power is highly democractic and I have huge respect for that. Its part of why I look forward to being a citizen.

In the UK we get a vote every 4/5 years for Parliament representative and every 4/5 years for a local government representative which is basically just there to take the blame when Parliament doesn't provide enough funding.

Last election the wife got to vote for President, Sentate, Congress, County, and City officials whilst also voting on Proposals at State and City level around funding and social issues locally.

I'm amazed the amount of power the average US citizen has, which is why I look forward to having that priviledge myself.
Yes, I see what you're saying @ReasonEnduring , however, did you know that many people toss away that very power by refusing to vote? It has forever been an unanswerable question to me as to why they do squander their 'voice' yet scream of the injustices of government in the streets. :(

You'll make a fine citizen I believe. ;)

Yes, I see what you're saying @ReasonEnduring , however, did you know that many people toss away that very power by refusing to vote? It has forever been an unanswerable question to me as to why they do squander their 'voice' yet scream of the injustices of government in the streets. :(

You'll make a fine citizen I believe. ;)

Thank you.

Even back in the UK I'd look at places like China and Russia where a vote is either non-existant of functionally meaningless and I do think to myself, "We are incredibly lucky to have this freedom and control. Others in the world aren't so fortunate. Its not perfect, but it s a damn sight better than what could be."

We need testing and contact tracing on a mass scale to properly reopen and that just isn't happening...we shall see...
This has been bungled beyond idiocy.