Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 78 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

My last job was a a the medical lead for a team of staff providing in home service to severely mentally ill adults in a large city. Lately I have heard that my former employer is trying to conduct business as usual. they have a medical director, but he is no where to be seen. . the medical provider is not offering any direction. I speak regularly to former coworkers who are in fear for their own lives due to the ignorance of their employer.
I strongly suspect that if I was still there I would have been fired by now for refusing to carry on in this way. .the service we provided is essential only in delivery of medication and administration of injectables. . that is all they should be doing. .wtf is wrong with people. .y'all are not 10 feet tall and bullet proof just because your team lead thinks she is. .and btw. . .as you drive around the city you re potentially spreading the virus, you morons. .

@ReasonEnduring I'm sorry for your condition =( you were really unlucky to migrate in a time just like this. I know how unluckiness feels and it sucks. Hope you made your accounts without horrendous debts with people getting "interest" in your unluckiness.

My mom is a doctor and she talks about how she has NO TESTS and therefore can't test any of her patients. She feels awful because the only thing she can tell them is to go to the hospital, but even the hospital doesn't really have many tests. The worst thing is that she is a pediatrician, so she is working with kids.

I watched a message by Rachel Maddow this morning. . some plain, terrible truth. we have no national policy, therefore we are doomed. .places that dont have a governor that understands allows large gatherings, ensures the spread of the virus exponentially . . ppe manufactured in the US is still be shipped abroad. . equipment the pentagon has offered is not being used, the national stockpile is almost gone. . ventilators owed by the government. . many do not work, why? because the administration cancelled maintenance contracts on them. .and we are being lied to daily by this collection of fools we have allowed to run this country. . I fear for us all. . in plain terms, we are all fucked

I watched a message by Rachel Maddow this morning. . some plain, terrible truth. we have no national policy, therefore we are doomed. .places that dont have a governor that understands allows large gatherings, ensures the spread of the virus exponentially . . ppe manufactured in the US is still be shipped abroad. . equipment the pentagon has offered is not being used, the national stockpile is almost gone. . ventilators owed by the government. . many do not work, why? because the administration cancelled maintenance contracts on them. .and we are being lied to daily by this collection of fools we have allowed to run this country. . I fear for us all. . in plain terms, we are all fucked

Not to worry...Trump's pal Vlad is swooping in to save us all!
Russia sending medical equipment, supplies to the U.S. for coronavirus relief
https://thehill.com/changing-americ...sia-sending-medical-equipment-supplies-to-the

Of course if it is anything like the supplies sent to Italy...

From Russia With Love?
Putin’s Medical Supplies Gift To Coronavirus-Hit Italy Raises Questions
https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabel...irus-hit-italy-raises-questions/#7d5254134a47

• But according to the Moscow Times, citing an unnamed “high-level political source” in Italian paper La Stampa, “Eighty percent of Russian supplies are totally useless or of little use to Italy,” the source said.
  • The source reportedly went on to accuse Putin of embarking on a “geopolitical and diplomatic” charm offensive, but the report was slammed as “perverse” by Sergei Razov, Russia’s ambassador to Italy, local news agency RIA Novosti reported.
Nathalie Tocci, director of the International Affairs think tank based in Rome, told the Financial Times that Russia, by acting fast to send support, was tapping into Italian EU skepticism and anger at an initially slow EU response.

“Russia needs a quick win, so it wants to act fast . . . It does what Russia always does, which is seize low-hanging fruit,” Tocci told the FT.

Also, there is this insanity...

Engineer accused of crashing train said he was 'suspicious' of nearby coronavirus relief ship, Justice Department says
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/us/train-derailed-mercy-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Eduardo Moreno, 44, told law enforcement investigators he was "suspicious" of the ship and believed it "had an alternate purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover," the Justice Department said in a news release, citing the affidavit.
Moreno said he derailed the train because it would bring media attention, the affidavit said, and he hoped to "wake people up."
The affidavit also detailed videos taken from inside the train. In one, Moreno ignites a road flare inside the train, the affidavit said. He then "put the train in full speed and held his hand toward the camera with his middle finger raised."
"I don't know. Sometimes you just get a little snap and man, it was fricking exciting... I just had it and I was committed," Moreno told police, according to the affidavit. "I just went for it, I had one chance."

Here is something to help calm your minds...

Coronavirus has ignited a sentiment of fear across the globe and this fear is not helping us,
our loved-ones or our community.
Furthermore, stress has been shown to deplete our immune systems which we need to build at this time.
It is important at this time of unrest, to take extra care of ourselves and invest in the peace inherent within us.​

Fuck this virus. My little old mom paced a funeral home alone with only my brother there for hours this morning. No one showed up. I don't blame the family friends, but I do blame family. At least the healthy young people on my brother's side could have attended. I met her graveside with my daughter, son and his fiance (my son and I could not go to the home). Mom needs human touch for reassurance, but none of us could reach out and touch her.

So glad my daughter made and delivered flowers yesterday as the friends couldn't even be bothered with that. I should be posting on the anger thread, not here. Sorry.

I really don't like funerals and back in 2011 had four in a month two of which were family I had grown up with. Times like this are never going to be easy but this is when I tell people that this life this world isn't all there is.

Here is something to help calm your minds...

Coronavirus has ignited a sentiment of fear across the globe and this fear is not helping us,
our loved-ones or our community.
Furthermore, stress has been shown to deplete our immune systems which we need to build at this time.
It is important at this time of unrest, to take extra care of ourselves and invest in the peace inherent within us.​

Same with countries. We all travel internationally pretty frequently these days so continental separation doesn't protect us either.

Washington state just pushed back our stay at home order to May 4th! I hope my job will keep letting me working remotely. I don't have enough time to cover that long of a down time.

My friend said when she went to the ER yesterday (she called them prior to showing up) they got her right in to an isolated room and the doctor talked to her through plexiglass and a phone-- like they do at prisons with visitors. Then they took her levels and got her chest x-ray and staff was all geared up.

In Boston and NYC they just tell people to stay home and treat it at home assuming they do have it and only go to the hospital if it gets 'serious'. They don't have tests. They don't want people at the hospital. At this point, beginning of April, several friends have or had presumptive cases, but have not been tested. Several friends/relatives of friends have died, but thankfully nobody I know. There are a few cases at my in-laws' nursing home. Where I live four people have died in neighboring towns. If it is in those towns, it is definitely here.

My friend is still socializing like normal and keeps asking me to go riding with her. I'm not. I'm staying home.
I read a doctor's report yesterday that we should not be riding horses, motorcycles, or doing any other dangerous activity, because if we are injured we take time and resources away from Covid-19 patients when we go to the ER and we are more likely to be exposed to the virus in the ER, too.

@MoonFlier – I'm so sorry about your dad and how the funeral went.

@ReasonEnduring – You are allowed to be negative, angry, and worried about your situation. It's really stressful. I hope there is a solution for you.