Corona / Wuhan virus | Page 125 | INFJ Forum

Corona / Wuhan virus

Math is hard, try again

It was entirely on purpose, to illustrate their point, and it's also funny that they were able to.

Graphs are tricky.
There are problems with this information, but not what you're wishing.

I don't get what you are saying, specially because I have no idea which source is... You had just posted the graph, so I do not have any idea what their point is...

Do white democrats outnumbers white republicans or vice versa on a big difference? Anyway, 56+7 is equal to 63 and 63 divided per 2 is 31.5...

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Anyway, 56+7 is equal to 63 and 63 divided per 2 is 31.5...

We aren't being given the whole of the survey, this is only a partial representation of respondents.
I would have to explain a lot more to really explore the particulars with you here.
But in short, this graph is clearly identifying a trend of white Republicans stating that they are either unsure or will not take the vaccine over all other demographics.
This applies to US registered voters only.

We aren't being given the whole of the survey, this is only a partial representation of respondents.
I would have to explain a lot more to really explore the particulars with you here.
But in short, this graph is clearly identifying a trend of white Republicans stating that they are either unsure or will not take the vaccine over all other demographics.
This applies to US registered voters only.
I got that part in bold since the beginning..

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I got that part in bold since the beginning..
Try not to read too much into that graph. It's overly simplified for a reason: most people don't want to think and someone is trying to make republicans look bad. (Of the republicans I know, they all want the vaccine for themselves and family.)

Those percentages really mean nothing without the data to support them. (Example, you don't know how many republicans I know and who've been talking about the vaccine, could be 1, could be 1000. Answer: it's about 20)

It's a fool's world these days and we can't play into it. ;)

It is entertaining though.

Last edited:
Try not to read too much into that graph. It's overly simplified for a reason: most people don't want to think and someone is trying to make republicans look bad. (Of the republicans I know, they all want the vaccine for themselves and family.)

Those percentages really mean nothing without the data to support them. (Example, you don't know how many republicans I know and who've been talking about the vaccine, could be 1, could be 1000. Answer: it's about 20)

It's a fool's world these days and we can't play into it. ;)

It is entertaining though.

Hmmm, I thought it did belong to a big research or something? Anyway,
Looks like that not even there in the US you can trust anything anymore. I mean, I am actually overtrusting and have been fooled many times, but not many times in english...yet...

Ok, I actually got a back a bit... Maybe its finally the time to ask... What LMAO means? Oh, I asked google and it seems to be a modification of lol. I got it now.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a real trend of this type (republicans refusing to take vaccine and all).

Hmmm, I thought it did belong to a big research or something? Anyway,
Looks like that not even there in the US you can trust anything anymore. I mean, I am actually overtrusting and have been fooled many times, but not many times in english...yet...

Ok, I actually got a back a bit... Maybe its finally the time to ask... What LMAO means? Oh, I asked google and it seems to be a modification of lol. I got it now.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a real trend of this type (republicans refusing to take vaccine and all).
Laughing My Ass Off ;)

I'm usually overly trusting too. It seems every time I trust I get bit hard, even as recently as today where one person told me they did something, I called the next person in the line of work and found out, nope person before them didn't follow through, they simply forgot and had marked it done. It made me look like an idiot for trusting.

Last edited:
How the Big Five Personality Traits Predicted COVID Shelter-in-Place Compliance

The study found that personality did predict sheltering-in-place compliance. All traits [Openness to Experience, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Neuroticism] were positively related to sheltering in place except extraversion, which was negatively related.

“These [extraverted] people need attention and will seek it,” Crossley said. “They will seek others and may take unnecessary risks to do it. They fear the depression they may encounter if they are away from others. If they have family or friends on lockdown with them it is a bit easier, but they need new experiences so it will be hard for them to keep a distance and not go hit up activities where they are close to others.”

There was also a positive relationship between policy stringency and sheltering in place. While there was little effect of conscientiousness, extraversion, and agreeableness, researchers found that openness and neuroticism had stronger effects on sheltering-in-place when the government had imposed less strict conditions and weaker effects when there were stricter guidelines in place.

“The defining characteristics of openness and neuroticism may suggest that individuals scoring higher on these traits may have started sheltering-in-place before it was mandated by governmental policy.

Put differently, there appear to be good reasons to assume that openness and neuroticism may have been relevant in the very beginning of the pandemic but decreased in importance once governmental intervention transformed the adoption of such behaviors from largely individual decisions to all-encompassing social norms,” as written in the study.

(...)

Overall, policy stringency and personality had similar or greater effects on compliance than age, gender, income, education, personal health, and perceived/anticipated COVID-19 severity. While the differences were particularly small, when added up they can really matter.

I had made the correlations between Big 5 [5 factors model] & Big 5 facets & MBTI types per country and deaths/million and tests/million on countries. Involved 30 and a few countries in total... I actually had ignored China data, I can't believe they had just 3 deaths/million.

Correlated significantly with more deaths per million... (0.45/1 or up) (higher, more COVID deaths)
- Number of sensors on the country (+0.62)
- Big 5 facet Gregariousness (+0.55)
- MBTI type ESTP (+0.47)
- Big 5 facet Achievement-striving (+0.47)

Correlated significantly with less deaths per million... (0.45 or up) (higher, less COVID deaths)
- MBTI type ENFJ (-0.68)
- Number of intuitives on the country (-0.62)
- Big 5 facet Vulnerability (-0.53)
- MBTI type INTJ (-0.52)
- Big 5 facet Trust (-0.50)
- MBTI type INFJ (-0.46)
Worth mentioning:
- MBTI type INTP (-0.43)

Correlated significantly with more tests per million... (0.43/1 or up) (higher, more COVID tests)
- MBTI type ISFJ (+0.58)
- Big 5 factor Extraversion (+0.46)
- MBTI type ESFJ (+0.45)
- Big 5 facet Depression (+0.43)

Correlated significantly with less tests per million... (0.45/1 or up) (lesser, more COVID tests)
- Big 5 facet Cheerfulness (-0.53)
- MBTI type ESTJ (-0.50)
- MBTI type ENTJ (-0.48)
- MBTI type INTJ (-0.47)
- Big 5 facet Discipline (-0.45)

--

This time I got stronger correlations than last year. I really do not understand why this N/S correlation with deaths, it wasn't relevant last year (I remember it did existed but it was too mild at that time).
As I said last year may I repeat: Gregariousness relates how much people crowd with each other, which means strength of quarantine. I am surprised that there is no correlation between Extraverts and COVID deaths, but Gregariousness was the most relevant correlation while now its the 2nd one for COVID deaths. Achievement-striving relates to ambition and to how quickly people wants to open stuff to go back to work being motivated by achievements and goals (only to work in general relates to Conscientiousness, which had no correlation). On the other side, Vulnerability has "I panic easily" (something like that), so the 'media panic' did actually save some lives, since the more easier people on a country panics, in general less deaths it had so far. These existed on last year as well.

Facet trust and INs (except INFP, which is -0.33 but it is too mild to mention) making it to less COVID deaths is sort of a new one, maybe INs can resist more the quarantine than ISs? I don't really know. Facet trust is funny, it looks like in places where people trust less, less COVID deaths happened, even though I am not quite sure how mistrust did help to prevent the deaths.

I am again disappointed with Cautiousness not getting a relevant correlation with both deaths and testing.

PS: I haven't posted last year about this on INFJ forum.

Received the second shot today. Now what?
So happy you got it, hoping it doesn't hit you hard. I got a bad headache and body aches for 2-3 days after the second shot. No fever though.

Now we wait for enough others to have had theirs that this thing is stopped.
They say it's fully effective 2 weeks after the second shot.

(My daughter's boss just had his second one today too. He's in his 70s and had a triple bypass 2 weeks ago. Ouch.)

Last edited:
So happy you got it, hoping it doesn't hit you hard. I got a bad headache and body aches for 2-3 days after the second shot. No fever though.

Now we wait for enough others to have had theirs that this thing is stopped.
They say it's fully effective 2 weeks after the second shot.

(My daughter's boss just had his second one today too. He's in his 70s and had a triple bypass 2 weeks ago. Ouch.)
You guys are really lucky. I'm not getting mine until the vulnerable have been vaccinated. The government is in full control of vaccination proceedings with prioritization for the health workers, the army, the aged indigent, and the aged across all income brackets in that exact order. I will be part of the second wave which will be government workers, educators, and those in religious leaderships. Plus they're aiming for the densely populated areas. The first shots have been administered to our health workers and the army already but they retracted the batch for the aged so they could provide it to focal areas with higher cases. I hope the production of the vaccines will be enough for the global demand but it's looking like a three year conquest we cannot afford.

Last edited:
The airlines and other mass transits are asking for proof of vacation before allowing travel.

That restriction makes little sense now after months if allowing interstate travels.

A friend made arrangements for her family to fly out for holiday visit with 3 kids to see their grandparents after over a year of avoiding in person visits because of restrictions only to be turned away after the 2 hour wait in line because though Mom and Dad had the vaccine the 3 kids didn't. What?
The friend had the kids rapid tested the day before departure and all were negative, yet because of the new travel rules they were turned away.

Rumors flying around claim that one will have to have proof of vaccination before returning to normal life, otherwise they will be unable to utilize public services.
I find that a bit much since much of the population has not had the shot yet.

The overseers in all this viral pandemic preparedness are going to cause more harm than good in the long run if they don't find workable solutions that are inclusive to all citizens.

My hair has been gone, and have need of two teeth being pulled...........my glow is heavenly. I shall be fine.

Thank you for all the likes, friends.

Getting the vaccine Thursday. I don't have an opinion either way on it, but I think if the open mics reopen they will probably want proof of vaccination and I don't want to be left out. Somebody I know said the gun competition he wants to go to this summer is requiring them so he got his. Best to just nip it in the butt. Not sure if you guys have this option but I was able to pick which vaccine I want which was awesome

Getting the vaccine Thursday. I don't have an opinion either way on it, but I think if the open mics reopen they will probably want proof of vaccination and I don't want to be left out. Somebody I know said the gun competition he wants to go to this summer is requiring them so he got his. Best to just nip it in the butt. Not sure if you guys have this option but I was able to pick which vaccine I want which was awesome
Which one did you pick? Good luck with your shot.

Reactions: flower and slant

Things are very bad here for a few months because people don't understand how the virus infects so what they do for protection is pointless and so many people started to think pandemic is a lie especially because the president and his people don't wear a mask; don't care about social distancing, don't isolate themselves but participates in unnecessary social gatherings, don't obey the pandemic related rules they enforce to citizens, they have their fun in very crowded areas, foreign tourists are basically free to do anything related to tourism as long as they wear a mask while citizens are forced to don't go out from their house, schools and a lot of workplaces are closed, etc. irony.

While the government can't deal with pandemic properly the minister of health blames everyone for how many people got sick recently as if the whole country is a minister of health when he can't speak even Turkish properly, the minister of health plans on dropping the daily death toll into negative values so he tries to make people resurrect :grinning::grinning::grinning:, the president doesn't care about the pandemic, government-related TV channels propagates that the whole country dealing with pandemic way better than Europe which especially Germany suppose to be so jealous of us WOW LOL, etc. BS so expect another wave of mutation that originated from Turkey around this summer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll know the new wave started when you start to hear this :grinning::grinning::grinning::